Leg Injection Instructional Video?

babyface58

Doing the TRT thing
I've been searching and I'm unable to find a decent instructional video of how to properly do a leg injection... All the videos I've seen are of amateurs on YouTube who I don't trust...

I'm injecting E4D so I want to rotate my injection sites so I'm not just injecting in my glutes. Just want to make sure I'm doing it right so I don't hit a nerve or artery in my leg.

Also what's the smallest needle you can use to inject in your leg? I'd like to minimize scar tissue and obviously be less sore from injections. Gauge? Length?

I use 1" 23g for the leg and shoulder.

Put your fingers on your knee cap and the other palm on your hip...the area in between your hands on your leg is the injection zone. Inject on the upper/outer area. Easy peasy! :)

It took me a while to warm up to injecting the legs to. However, it's not a big deal.

Leg injections have been my favorite since I learned how to pin there. There's some site that shows where to pin I think it's something like spotinjections.com or something like that. Just type spot injections on Google and there's vids on YouTube too

I made a video a while back and will post a link to it here. This was when I was 100% doing what my doctor told me to do - which was use HUGE HONKIN NEEDLES! Now I use much, much smaller ones and am far happier for it. I used to use 1.5 inch 22 gauge, now I am using 5/8 inch 29 gauge needles. I also no longer use a 18 gauge needles to draw, using the 22 gauge to draw instead since I have them on hand. I damaged a membrane with the 18 gauge needles once, so never again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbA3aHDnUd4

I should make a new one with the new needles.

I also draw the skin tight, it seems to remove the little bite the needle makes when it punctures the skin.

I use 1/2" 29 gauge in the thighs.

Wow super short needle, that gets deep enough into the muscle for you I guess? I have low body fat so that may work well for me as well... Short, thin needle. I think I'll use this setup for my first quad injection and see how it goes.

Wow super short needle, that gets deep enough into the muscle for you I guess? I have low body fat so that may work well for me as well... Short, thin needle. I think I'll use this setup for my first quad injection and see how it goes.

Not much fat there either. Nothing comes back out and there's no surface bump so I think it works fine.

I actually just experienced my first leg injection this week with my TRT. It wasn't bad at all, I used the 20 gauge to draw the Meds then used a 23 gauge 1" for the injection. The quads are a huge muscles, I will be adding them to my rotation in the future.

I made a video a while back and will post a link to it here. This was when I was 100% doing what my doctor told me to do - which was use HUGE HONKIN NEEDLES! Now I use much, much smaller ones and am far happier for it. I used to use 1.5 inch 22 gauge, now I am using 5/8 inch 29 gauge needles. I also no longer use a 18 gauge needles to draw, using the 22 gauge to draw instead since I have them on hand. I damaged a membrane with the 18 gauge needles once, so never again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbA3aHDnUd4

I should make a new one with the new needles.

I also draw the skin tight, it seems to remove the little bite the needle makes when it punctures the skin.

So these are 29 gauge hypodermic needles you found? Not insulin syringes? I'd love to know where you found those, can't find them anywhere.

Do you use an insulin syringe or did you find a 29 gauge hypodermic needle?

I generally use insulin syringes. I have seen luer lock needles available as small as 30 gauge, 1/2", but I see little advantage.

I will add that the most I inject this way is 0.5mL, it may not work as well with a higher volume.

EDIT: on second though I guess the advantage is that you can swap needle after drawing. I just draw with the insulin syringe. Some backload, but in my view backloading is ghetto.

I use 1/2" 29 gauge in the thighs.

I use the same size needle. I think I am doing IM, not SQ, because muscle is right below skin and I feel a slightly harder resistance as the needle passes about half way in.

My doctor prefers SQ because it is supposed to be absorbed more slowly thereby giving a more even test level. I also stretch the skin and get less pain as needle breaks skin.

Never any bumps or leaking fluid.

I generally use insulin syringes. I have seen luer lock needles available as small as 30 gauge, 1/2", but I see little advantage.

I will add that the most I inject this way is 0.5mL, it may not work as well with a higher volume.

EDIT: on second though I guess the advantage is that you can swap needle after drawing. I just draw with the insulin syringe. Some backload, but in my view backloading is ghetto.

Okay I just ordered some 1/2 inch 30-gauge luer lock needles. I can use these with the syringes I already have for my T injections.

Going to try injecting in just my legs for a few weeks and then get bloodwork done to make sure the short needle is getting deep enough into the muscle and absorbing properly.

Back