Leg Training questions

Golden_Muscle

Hybrid Athlete
1. My question is, when you push hard on squats, and the last rep takes like 7 seconds to get up, can you honestly bust a blood vessel, or have a brain anurism or something serious? I quit half way up on my last rep today because I was scared my head was going to blow up or something. I could have got it up for sure, but I was too scared something would happen.

Btw, I really push myself hard in the gym, so when I say I push hard, I really mean I push hard. I shit my pants sometimes doing squats.

2. Also, when I do front squats, I honestly feel it in my front delts more than anything. The bar rests on my front delts, and they are tense the whole time, like rock. My hands dont grip the bar, they just kinda hold it in place. Is that normal, or am I doing something wrong?

3. Also, when I do leg curls, the back of my knees hurt, and the back of the knee clicks on the way down every time. Why is that? The same thing goes for another guy at the gym. I cant use too much weight or it hurts. Its either too little weight, or too much and it clicks and hurts.

Thanks if you want to read all that.

i find the same thing happens to me when i front squat except i get sharp stabbing like pain in the up the top of my back

the problem u may be havin with you knee would most likely be worn down or torn menicus on ur knee joint. if it hurts whenever you click it u should really go and get it looked at buy an orthopedic surgeon....not a GP. you may even have bone bruising which is not the most pleasent thing

it's very possible to blow blood vessels when doing squats or deads. I've never heard of it happening with bench. I've also never heard of someone having an anurism though.

just dont hold your breath or that pressure that is building up has no way to get out other than thru a vessel..ouch!

i like front squats ive gone up to 405 and have never had a problem with delts hurting..occasionally i get choked by the bar lol

Golden_Muscle said:
I shit my pants sometimes doing squats.

:jump:

Seriously though, last week I just about passed out after my last set of SLDL on leg day. I had to stand in the power rack for a few minutes holding onto the sides before I could walk to my car. That was it for me that day. I would hate to bust a vessel from straining. Might not feel too good.

Get your knees checked out, BTW. I have had 2 surgeries on each knee, and the last time I had just about the same symptoms as you. Turned out to be a tear in the meniscus. Quick surgery, a little physical therapy, and you're back to normal.

Semper Fi

Thanks guys. The knee pain is on the back of the leg, (like the arm pit of my leg) and the only time it hurts is when doing leg curls.

Blackbeard, how the fuck can you use 405lbs for front squats!!!!!!!!??????? Are you the hulk?

1HUGE1 said:
just dont hold your breath or that pressure that is building up has no way to get out other than thru a vessel..ouch!

Can that really happen though? Or would you pass out before something like that could happen?

Golden_Muscle said:
Thanks guys. The knee pain is on the back of the leg, (like the arm pit of my leg) and the only time it hurts is when doing leg curls.

Blackbeard, how the fuck can you use 405lbs for front squats!!!!!!!!??????? Are you the hulk?

nope LOL...i only got 2 reps with it before the bar starting coming out of the groove...chalk would have been a big help!!!

it would actually be the elbow of the leg. The arm pit of the leg would actually be your crotch area right?

Back