Letro is horrible stuff.

TJR87

I am on my final week of sustaplex 325(1 shot left). I had some puffy nips going, so I started taking letro at 1.25 mgs for about a week now.

After taking letro for a couple days, I got flu symptoms (weak/sore muscles, joints, head ache).

Good news is, I am finally feeling normal again, but I have noticed I am really starting to break out with small pimples on my back, chest and shoulders. Thankfully I have only got 1 on my face and a small cold sore... I'm guessing this is due to the hormonal imbalance caused by letro?

Can anyone with letro experience tell me if this acne will eventually disappear on its own? I am so close to popping some Accutane, but I am trying to avoid it because that stuff makes you feel like hell too. I have already missed 4 days in the damn gym because of letro, I don't feel like missing another 4-5 days because of Accutane.

I had mixed opinions on which dose i should start. some said hit 2.5 right away to kill off any gyno, then cut down the dose, others said start at .5 to start. i decided i would do half what ppl were saying and do 1.25. Now that i am in 1 week at 1.25, wouldnt dropping the dose make hormone levels even more unstable and possible causing the puffy nips to advance? I agree, the dose is obviously too high from what what i have experienced but was unsure how to approach this now that i am a week in.

In addition, I´ve used Letro to get rid of my own gyno, as has a friend of mine, and we both used it at a dose of 2.5mgs/day, tapering down to .25mgs/day, and then finally off..the gyno never returned in both our cases.
An effective dose of Letrozole is .25 to .5 mg a day.
Source: Steroid.com
It sounds like the side effects you are experiencing are caused by high estrogen levels. Water retention, gynecomastia and acne are signs of increased estrogen. As you have only been taking the Letrozole for 1 week maybe estrogen levels and not the drug are causing your symptoms.
A cold sore is caused by Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 or Type 2 and could explain your flu-like symptoms.
Maybe you body is having an adverse reaction to Letrozole. Have you used it before? Maybe you could switch to Nolvadex @ 20 mg per day. Lots of guys use Nolvadex to help with gyno and get good results. Letrozole is strong stuff man.....it can lower you body's estrogen levels by 98%.....that's incredible. Femara must be the strongest anti-estrogen out there.

In addition, I´ve used Letro to get rid of my own gyno, as has a friend of mine, and we both used it at a dose of 2.5mgs/day, tapering down to .25mgs/day, and then finally off..the gyno never returned in both our cases.
An effective dose of Letrozole is .25 to .5 mg a day.
Source: Steroid.com
It sounds like the side effects you are experiencing are caused by high estrogen levels. Water retention, gynecomastia and acne are signs of increased estrogen. As you have only been taking the Letrozole for 1 week maybe estrogen levels and not the drug are causing your symptoms.
A cold sore is caused by Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 or Type 2 and could explain your flu-like symptoms.
Maybe you body is having an adverse reaction to Letrozole. Have you used it before? Maybe you could switch to Nolvadex @ 20 mg per day. Lots of guys use Nolvadex to help with gyno and get good results. Letrozole is strong stuff man.....it can lower you body's estrogen levels by 98%.....that's incredible. Femara must be the strongest anti-estrogen out there.

I have never used letro before, and I only saw these sides after starting letro. I never get cold sores so that was very odd to me(maybe its a pimple just close to my lip, not actually on my lip.), and the entire time on cycle i never had 1 pimple anywhere on my body. All I can figure is letro must be causing all this. I know letro is a very powerful anti e, I would prefer aromasin but letro was all I have besides nolva.

Do you think I should drop letro completely and go to nolva or continue letro at .5mg?

it almost seems like letro has increased my estrogen. I had pretty solid abs showing and now they are fading. I also feel like I am holding more water after starting letro.

Last edited:
Sounds like ur having an adverse reaction to Letro. Why not try dropping the Letro for awhile and start taking nolva @ 20 mg per day for ur gyno???? Try it out and see what happens. I know this works for lots of guys here. Up the dose of nolva to 40 mg if needed for gyno. You can always go back to taking Letro again if u want. The only way to know is to stop taking Letro.....if ur symptoms subside u know that's what it was.

Alright, I am dropping letro because I do need to know for sure if it was the letro causing all this. I will be starting nolva up tomorrow.

thanks for the help everyone.

Couldn't the sustaplex be causing your flu symtpoms? I experienced the same thing on my first test cycle during the last week of it. It was terrible but it went away after about a week.

As DPR stated, its not the letro.

The symtoms you stated are all signs of unchecked estrogen.

If anything, the Letro can knock off your lipid profile and give you a tired feeling, but not after 1-2 doeses. You would have to be running it awhile for that to happen.

Dont know where you got your stuff. Perhaps it bunk?

I used Geneza Letro once in the past. Notice I said "once". Man, that is strong stuff. I was using .5 EOD and it dried me out big time. My joints were starting to hurt as well.

That is just too strong for me. I am sticking with aromasin now should I ever need it.

It's not the letro. That's a high dose of letro. The Flu is test flu.

How could that be? I didnt suffer from the test flu my entire cycle, why would it come out of no where during the final week? the 2 days after i stopped letro i instantly started to feel better. i think its its just me, letro and i do not mix well.

I used Geneza Letro once in the past. Notice I said "once". Man, that is strong stuff. I was using .5 EOD and it dried me out big time. My joints were starting to hurt as well.

That is just too strong for me. I am sticking with aromasin now should I ever need it.

thats what i was taking, GP. i thought half a pill would be ok ed but damn was i wrong. i may give letro another shot down the road some time post cycle if aromasin doesnt work. I will be doing 5. mg or less for sure.

thats what i was taking, GP. i thought half a pill would be ok ed but damn was i wrong. i may give letro another shot down the road some time post cycle if aromasin doesnt work. I will be doing 5. mg or less for sure.

rui letro did me good.. never had any problems..

Letro is a great compound and has its uses. Your dose is way to high. I would take at .25 per day and some of your symptoms sound like they may be cuased by an estrogen deficiancy...

Letro is a great compound and has its uses. Your dose is way to high. I would take at .25 per day and some of your symptoms sound like they may be cuased by an estrogen deficiancy...

I think you are probably right about the lack in the estro area. i had some girly ass thoughts after watching a dumb movie with a lady friend of mine and had to slap myself and say wtf is wrong with me?

one thing i dont understand completely, half a pill ed is obviously too much. should i do .5mg eod or eo3 days? something like that?

Well letro is a tuff compound to gauge. If it were me .5 every other day should be fine. The thing with letro is you have to taper or you will get a rebound effect with estrogen. Thats why its important to be consistant with your doses. I wouldnt worry to much about the puffy nips, as long as you dont have any lumps that have hardened it should go away. I would taper Letro so that two weeks after last test shot you can start post cycle therapy (pct) with clomid and nolva

Well letro is a tuff compound to gauge. If it were me .5 every other day should be fine. The thing with letro is you have to taper or you will get a rebound effect with estrogen. Thats why its important to be consistant with your doses. I wouldnt worry to much about the puffy nips, as long as you dont have any lumps that have hardened it should go away. I would taper Letro so that two weeks after last test shot you can start pct with clomid and nolva

I took a break from letro, about 4 days due to the the insane potency of half a pill but did run nolva at 40mg to temp replace the letro gap. i have now started letro again at .5 mg. minor sided have come back but not nearly as bad as when i was running half a pil ED.

I need some opinions here, should i drop nolva while on letro again (some say it inhibits letros effect). my current conditon is 2 puffy nips, my right nip is puffy when warm, looks completely normal when tightened up with cooler weather and has no lump. my left nip had a firm lump with a puffy nip, but the lump is obviously going down and feels softer so i am not worried.

The instructions i followed for letro were either misleading or i missed something.

next cycle I will be running aromasin with my test E cycle.

A little off topic, to those concerned with water retention/bloat, or loss of definition while on cycle. I ran Clen my entire sustaplex 325 cycle and had little to no issues with bloat and definition stayed solid. some may want to consider running clen in a wet cycle. it worked great for me. after this minor water retention drops, 1 or 2 more cycles down the road, and my bod will be top notch. Sustanon (sust) requires many shots which are too frequent(scar tissue). thats the only down side, otherwise id recommend axios Sustanon (sust) all the way. strength increase was insane, body fat dropped in obvious areas, and i cant say there were any negative sides i noticed other than being a bit on edge. but we all know thats expected.

thanks again everyone.

Back