Libido issues during the beginning of my first test cycle. Really need some insight

Seanvonbraun

So I’m doing my first cycle of test cyp 500mg/week. 250mg on wens and 250 mg on Sunday. (Test only)..I just finished my second injection and I noticed my libido isn’t good and hard to maintain an erection. My loads are also smaller. I’m guessing this is because my estrogen level is too high? I have A-dex on hand but haven’t used it yet cuz I have no signs of Gyno/water retention. Thoughts?

Need some stats.
Age, height, weight...........

I understand your concerns, but this is likely all in your head. According to your post you are less than a week into your cycle......this is too soon for your production of semen to be impacted. Its possible, but extremely unlikely.

Also, why wait for high estrogen to fight it? With this much testosterone in your system your estrogen is definitely gonna rise. Some people just let this happen because they handle high estrogen well.......but why find out that you can tolerate it? If ya find out that you cant then it's too late. Best to keep your estrogen proportionately lower if you can.

Furthermore, adex is a bad way to fight estrogen if you wait until it's too high. Why?......because it limits future production and does nothing for the already high levels you have created.

If I were you I would immediately begin .25mg of adex on the day of my injection. This will likely not leave you "low" , but will help keep it from getting really high. Then get bloodwork and adjust from there.

This all should have been discussed before your cycle. Age and stats please sir

What LateStart is describing is a typical beginner mistake. Taking ais without any solid reason to take it. Libido is a complex thing. What you are describing happens to me at the beginning of the cycle also. My opinion is to just ride it out. Within a week your gonna be a horny rabbit.

Get bloodwork done and then try to believe the above comment about "beginner mistake".

I blast and cruise......and get bloodwork regularly. I understand the relationship between estrogen and testosterone. Also, waiting to take an ai like anastrozole is ineffective, for the reasons I described in detail in my first post. If you have chosen anastrozole then you have chosen to take it from the onset of the cycle......therefore, the gentleman above is just flat wrong. If you go with his advice you need a different attack for estrogen.

If our estrogen goes up too high, as in high enough for you to know it without bloodwork, then it's too late for those that are sensitive to it. At that point you have tits, zero libido, high blood pressure.....and a host of other issues. And at that point if you use anastrozole then your new boobs will likely require surgery and your levels will not fall for many weeks.

Please spend some time reading about anastrozole and how it works.

Take care bro. And dont worry, at this point you are less than a week into your cycle and there is nothing to be concerned with yet. The test has done almost nothing this soon. So NO, this doesnt happen at the beginning of cycles. None that I have done, or anyone that I know has done. 3 or 4 days is not enough time for ANYTHING. Get some bloodwork bro

Lenex.....I just looked back at some of your posts and I now understand you a little better. Wow. Are you ok bro? How are things going for you now?
In the future itd be a good idea for you to refrain from labeling the advice of others a "beginner mistake". You are 24 and have very few if any successful cycles under your belt. Most of the bros on here are experienced and many are almost twice your age and older. We've been around, we've seen and done a lot of cycles.

Disagree with me all you want, sometimes bros on here do....but your post isnt advice at all. This happens to you? Bullshit.....you dont have side effects 3 days after your first injection. Ride it out? Lol....there is nothing yet to ride. Get some bloodwork in a month and adjust or add an ai is what you shouldve said.

Sorry....a little keyed up today and taking offense to the boys post about my advice

Im doing better man... I had problems because of the use of ai, they were making me depressed.. I was listening to too much advice from people like you that think they know it but they dont.

I am on my own now. I know what works and what not. I live and i learn from past mistakes and look forward to the future.

Theres a lot of hate on these forums. People recommend this and that, but when a certain person has problems they often dont know what to do.
And dont take it as offensive when i say beginner mistake, it's just what it is.

Cycles people recommend are totally wrong... No wonder why steroids have bad name. Everyone is just repeating what they heard or read, and everyone thinks they got it figured out when they don't. Im not talking everyone, but a lot of people...

Your stating it doesn't happen...even though right there you have 2 person that it does happen to them.. where's your logic? Oh, i forgot, you got knowledge... sorry...

At the end of the day, you do what you want... i just encourage the guys to not take every advice for holy and to figure out what works for them because what works for someone else might not work for them..

Lenex......pretty sure you're a troll. No worries. I'll stop playing along now :)

3 days after your shot you are not losing semen volume. Read a book....or read the endless number of cycle logs put there. Hahahaha

And OP....don't take my advice. Wait for someone with some knowledge. Definitely not lenex.....read his posts in the past. Lmao

Need some stats.
Age, height, weight...........

I understand your concerns, but this is likely all in your head. According to your post you are less than a week into your cycle......this is too soon for your production of semen to be impacted. Its possible, but extremely unlikely.

Also, why wait for high estrogen to fight it? With this much testosterone in your system your estrogen is definitely gonna rise. Some people just let this happen because they handle high estrogen well.......but why find out that you can tolerate it? If ya find out that you cant then it's too late. Best to keep your estrogen proportionately lower if you can.

Furthermore, adex is a bad way to fight estrogen if you wait until it's too high. Why?......because it limits future production and does nothing for the already high levels you have created.

If I were you I would immediately begin .25mg of adex on the day of my injection. This will likely not leave you "low" , but will help keep it from getting really high. Then get bloodwork and adjust from there.

This all should have been discussed before your cycle. Age and stats please sir

I am 26, 175 lbs. 5’8. The reason I didn’t start Adex from the start is because I’ve heard so many people say “no reason to crash your estrogen if you have no symptoms” . I’ve been told to just keep the adex on hand just in case. And I’m worried if I take the Arimidex without Gyno symptoms , I’ll get depressed and shit

You cut the tabs into 4 little pieces. I take one EVERY time I take a shot.......and so does everyone else.

Above I explained why waiting to feel the effects of high estrogen is a disastrous method of controlling it. If you see the effects it's too late. Especially if using adex.

The best method is regular bloodwork and dialing in your AI. Or find a more aggressive drug than anastrozole if waiting to "feel" it.

Either way....3 days after your first shot is too soon to worry bro. If ya wanna ride out the cycle with no ai then go ahead.....but no need to worry right now.

If you use adex I would use .25mg as previously stated. Take it just on injection days. No way that .5mg per week is gonna crash your estrogen while taking 500mg test. If this is a concern.....then take .25mg once per week and get bloodwork to confirm.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks a lot . I’m going to use this protocol . I also have a vial of hcg(10000) iu. Thinking about starting it week 4 through til the end of cycle up until pct. do you think hcg is necessary for a test only cycle?

Yes. If you plan on cycling.....and not blast and cruising, then hcg is a great tool. If you are not running it the entire cycle then simply add it at the halfway mark. Stop its use before PCT.

This will restore lost testicular size and help keep the testicles "awake" during a time they will historically lie dormant

Yes. If you plan on cycling.....and not blast and cruising, then hcg is a great tool. If you are not running it the entire cycle then simply add it at the halfway mark. Stop its use before PCT.

This will restore lost testicular size and help keep the testicles "awake" during a time they will historically lie dormant

Yea, so today was my 3rd injection and the erectile dysfunction is still present . Almost positive it’s high estrodial . I took .25 adex with it this morning . Hope it helps

Yea, so today was my 3rd injection and the erectile dysfunction is still present . Almost positive it***8217;s high estrodial . I took .25 adex with it this morning . Hope it helps

Listen LateStart is mostly RIGHT ON SPOT. If it is high estrogen it is your fault you seem to forget you did not follow the protocol we suggest here. Now you are in the dark as too the unwanted sides due to High or Low Estrogen in men. You are only interested in Gyno. You said no sides before cause of NO Gyno sides....

Before you disrespect our knowledgeable members , start reading.

Have you any idea as to the sides of High and low. Ill bring them to your unread attention, so you don't have to read as you should of... OP.

Low Estrogen Side Effects:

- Osteoporosis (weakened bones) ; (long-term low levels)
- Poor sex drive
- Fatigue
- Lethargy
- Skin quality diminishes
- Depression
- Poor sense of wellbeing & poor quality of life

High Estrogen Side Effects:
- Gynecomastia
- Anxiety & panic attacks
- Depression
- Erectile dysfunction
- Water retention
- High blood pressure
- Loss of balance/instability/dizziness
- Respiratory related concerns
- Irritability
- Low libido
- Insomnia
- Prostate related issues
- Crying like a little girl and being emotional all the time

Start your AI the same you start your pin / cycle. IMOP
Did you miss reading about the unwanted sides;Knowing what to watch for is imperative. BUT it seems you only think about Gyno.... if so yu are uneducated.

SO listen you came here for a Q's if you know the answer smarty why did you come here. Latestart has good Knowledge and apparently more then you. Really 3 days at best and you want side effects... good sides. WTF do you know asking a dumb- sided Question like that. Really 3rd injection ? shows me you think the answer to BB is steroids.

There is so much synergistic activity to process the introduction of endogenous hormones like Testosterone. Everyone is different as you know. SO I get sex drive in about the 4th or 5 th day

Listen to us, but DO NOT SPEAK to an established member the way you did. I'm not a moderator you should be glad. Mind your manners to an approved member with many good helping and knowledgeable posts.

Now good luck and try to listen more. BUT never the less if you disagree DO NOT make it PERSONAL.

Hope you understand we all are still learning . BUT if you don't like it.. well I don't have to say more... do you get it kiddo.
Learn the above and learn about YOUR body with attention to the Specific sides and actions you can catch sometimes with out BW. Again that is flying blind.

good Luck
OMM

Last edited:
What are you talking about I didn’t follow the protocol ? You have trouble reading ? I stated that I followed the protocol he suggested this morning

Back