Likelihood I did permanent damage?

ladysmanfelpz

Hey everybody.

New to the forum and kind of posting for a different reason. I was very into fitness and bettering myself, but chose a different route than androgens. I noticed I was balding and got into anti-androgens. I started with Finasteride (DHT inhibitor for those that don't know) shortly after turning 22. Being an inpatient young adult and from my research found I wouldn't get any regrowth from a DHT inhibitor alone, so I jumped on spironolactone. I'm sure many of you have heard of it but basically it is a diuretic with some T receptor binding properties. Many bodybuilders use it to cut hard at the end of cycle and use it to up free T as well. Well the hair loss guys do it different and take it long term. I went a total of around 8 months. Here's my story.

After starting I noticed hairloss stopped and even started to see regrowth after about 1.5 months. Kept going with it and not seeing any side effects. I also completely dropped Fin by this time and just went with Spiro at about 50-100 mg a day. At about 2 months I had a huge jump in T that was steroid like. I'm guessing because I was young my body's T production was competing with this drug big time and I had massive amounts of free T. I was ripped, heavier and healthier than I had ever been. I lived like this for about 2.5 months until it slowly started to get to normal. At about 6 months I had a bad blackout while drinking (prolly due to the diuretic effects) and decided to drop. Being a steroid I couldn't just drop cold turkey so had to wean off over the next 2 months to a total of about 8 months time. And it was at this time after dropping a drug that you truly understand how powerful it was as I felt like shit for the next 6 months and even felt effects up to about 2 years out.

So my question is what is the possibility I did permanent damage to my T production? I had bloodwork shortly after stopping and it was low 400's. Had it done recently (now 27, had just turned 24 after stopping Spiro) and it was mid 600's and 16.6 pg/ml free. It is supposed to only be a weak competitive inhibitor. It is also prescribed to men for its diuretic effects, but rarely prescribed for a reason such as mine. Just wanted to know if you guys had any thoughts. Lmk if you have any questions.

whats up man.. if your bloodwork is showing 600 at 27 years old you have no issues at all..

shit, i wish my bloodwork looked like that at 27, i would have never started trt

Hey everybody.

New to the forum and kind of posting for a different reason. I was very into fitness and bettering myself, but chose a different route than androgens. I noticed I was balding and got into anti-androgens. I started with Finasteride (DHT inhibitor for those that don't know) shortly after turning 22. Being an inpatient young adult and from my research found I wouldn't get any regrowth from a DHT inhibitor alone, so I jumped on spironolactone. I'm sure many of you have heard of it but basically it is a diuretic with some T receptor binding properties. Many bodybuilders use it to cut hard at the end of cycle and use it to up free T as well. Well the hair loss guys do it different and take it long term. I went a total of around 8 months. Here's my story.

After starting I noticed hairloss stopped and even started to see regrowth after about 1.5 months. Kept going with it and not seeing any side effects. I also completely dropped Fin by this time and just went with Spiro at about 50-100 mg a day. At about 2 months I had a huge jump in T that was steroid like. I'm guessing because I was young my body's T production was competing with this drug big time and I had massive amounts of free T. I was ripped, heavier and healthier than I had ever been. I lived like this for about 2.5 months until it slowly started to get to normal. At about 6 months I had a bad blackout while drinking (prolly due to the diuretic effects) and decided to drop. Being a steroid I couldn't just drop cold turkey so had to wean off over the next 2 months to a total of about 8 months time. And it was at this time after dropping a drug that you truly understand how powerful it was as I felt like shit for the next 6 months and even felt effects up to about 2 years out.

So my question is what is the possibility I did permanent damage to my T production? I had bloodwork shortly after stopping and it was low 400's. Had it done recently (now 27, had just turned 24 after stopping Spiro) and it was mid 600's and 16.6 pg/ml free. It is supposed to only be a weak competitive inhibitor. It is also prescribed to men for its diuretic effects, but rarely prescribed for a reason such as mine. Just wanted to know if you guys had any thoughts. Lmk if you have any questions.
does baldnes run in your family? what dosages of fin and spironolactone?

does baldnes run in your family? what dosages of fin and spironolactone?

Yeah it does. I was just trying to beat it. My dad is full bald (has plugs tho) and uncle too and I take a lot of my looks from him. Uncle started younger I believe saying he was pretty bad by 26, dad a lil later. Mine started at 19 and was bad by 21. I tried to block DHT and then use Spiro to knock down the T kick associated with DHT inhibition. Funnily some people have had great experience with a program like this. I didn't feel comfortable with taking two drugs tho and dropped fin after Spiro started working. I was on the standard 1 mg fin and took Spiro at 50 mg- 100 mg a day. Weaned off on 25-50 a day.

whats up man.. if your bloodwork is showing 600 at 27 years old you have no issues at all..

shit, i wish my bloodwork looked like that at 27, i would have never started trt

Isn't that just average? What age did you start TRT?

If mine is good, anyway to maximize by the time I'm 30 :) ?

Isn't that just average? What age did you start TRT?

If mine is good, anyway to maximize by the time I'm 30 :) ?
i started trt at 29 with a test level of 230 over 10 years.. lol

600 is great..

and yes, your nutrition and sleep is huge.. precursor to test is saturated fats, so make sure you have a healthy balance of all fats except trans fats in your diet.. also, eating at a deficit for extended periods will drop your test levels.

honestly i could write a book about all the possible variables that can lower or amp your test levels lmao..

So looking back in summer of '16 my T was 645 reference 348-1197, free 16.6 reference 9-26 and DHT was down at 16 ng/dl reference 30-85. This was on Fin obviously. Then in April of '17 T was 582 ref 250-1100, free at 98.7 ref 35-155 (must have been tested differently) and DHT was 28 ref 16-79.

At first I thought T was up a bit from DHT inhibitor, but it looks like the reference ranges were slightly different. Most likely just standard variation. Think I'm all good.

good luck with all your goals. trt is a lifestyle.. a sometimes difficult one

Back