little air bubble in syringe or no bubbles when injecting..

My_Pitch27

So im pretty new to injecting and wanted to know if any users find it beneficial to leave a small bubble at the end of the plunger so when you inject you get all of the t plus a small bubble... or do you take all bubbles out and inject the t this way? im reading a book by Nelson Vergel called, "Testosterone ; a man's guide"... and he states to leave a small air bubble.

IMT maybe you can help solve this?

No need to have bubbles/bubble in the syringe. Sometimes there will be tiny little bubbles in there but dont purposely leave a bubble in there, it has no advantage over not having one in there.

Well some in the medical community will use what is called the air-lock method. This usually means leaving 0.2ml of air in the syringe to clear the medication from the needle tip at the end of the shot.

This will also prevent you from using your meds faster than intended.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
As DET stated, it's a conservation technique. I've been doing it forever as I'm a cheap bastard. It's COMPLETELY harmless for IM injections. :)

Ok, unless you exceed several cc's of air, but that's pretty silly. :wiggle:

As DET stated, it's a conservation technique. I've been doing it forever as I'm a cheap bastard. It's COMPLETELY harmless for IM injections. :)

Ok, unless you exceed several cc's of air, but that's pretty silly. :wiggle:

ill try and do it with .02ml of air and see how it goes...

Well some in the medical community will use what is called the air-lock method. This usually means leaving 0.2ml of air in the syringe to clear the medication from the needle tip at the end of the shot.

This will also prevent you from using your meds faster than intended.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your help DET Oak...makes perfect sense....

utilicare makes a 1cc 25g 1" syringe. the amount of loss is very little with them. The safety shield they have is clumsy but thats really the only downside to them. It takes about a minute to draw .4 cc's of cyp and I dont have to mess with the air lock. The amount of loss in a bd 1ml bd luer lock syringe with a 25g 1" needle is .07 cc's. Id guage the amount of loss in a utilicare 1-25-1 as about .005 cc's. The utilicares are about 40 cents a piece. the bd 25g 1" plus the 18g draw needle is about 30 cents an injection.

With the utilicare i just snap the needle off and throw it in my sharps container and throw the syringe in the garbage. With the bd's ive already filled up a sharps container with needles.

Last edited:
utilicare makes a 1cc 25g 1" syringe. the amount of loss is very little with them. The safety shield they have is clumsy but thats really the only downside to them. It takes about a minute to draw .4 cc's of cyp and I dont have to mess with the air lock. The amount of loss in a bd 1ml bd luer lock syringe with a 25g 1" needle is .07 cc's. Id guage the amount of loss in a utilicare 1-25-1 as about .005 cc's. The utilicares are about 40 cents a piece. the bd 25g 1" plus the 18g draw needle is about 30 cents an injection.

With the utilicare i just snap the needle off and throw it in my sharps container and throw the syringe in the garbage. With the bd's ive already filled up a sharps container with needles.

i actually use 1cc luer lock needles and just draw up .5cc and it works like a charm, i dont miss any fluids in it and it works great! ill never go back to the 3cc syringe again. thanks for the tip

Even though I live on nothing and am broke I just can't concern myself and worry about what little waste there might be with the oil left in the needle.

Ya know back in my druggie days, I always hated it when someone would grab the mirror / glass and lick it. Ya know to get the dust that might be left. I mean really, I don't lick my plate after dinner and the amount of food I waste (unintentionally) over the course of a few months.

when you think of the fact we're doing 500, 1000 mgs plus sometimes. WTF ?

I just inject a syringe full of air. Hypogonadism is not real. It's all in our heads. The syringe full of air is a placebo. It's kept my T levels in the 600's at trough level, just before my next air injection.

I always leave a little air in the syringe to push all the oil out of the syringe during the shot, I am just paranoid I will leave some behind :yumyum:

##### this is just stupid and can kill you #######

Dont do this

I always leave a little air in the syringe to push all the oil out of the syringe during the shot, I am just paranoid I will leave some behind :yumyum:

##### this is just stupid and can kill you #######

Dont do this

Huh? Are you saying air will kill you intra-muscularly? I'd have to dig it up, but it takes a HUGE amount of air to do that IM. Intravenously however, is a different story altogether. ;)

From Wikipedia:

Small amounts of air often get into the blood circulation accidentally during surgery and other medical procedures (for example a bubble entering an intravenous fluid line), but most of these air emboli enter the veins and are stopped at the lungs, and thus a venous air embolism that shows any symptoms is very rare.[2]

For venous air embolisms, death may occur if a large bubble of gas becomes lodged in the heart, stopping blood from flowing from the right ventricle to the lungs.[3][4] However, experiments on animals show that the amount of gas necessary for this to happen is quite variable.[5] Human case reports suggest that injecting more than 100 mL of air into the venous system at rates greater than 100 mL/s can be fatal.[6] Very large and symptomatic amounts of venous air emboli may also occur in rapid decompression in severe diving or decompression accidents, where they may interfere with circulation in the lungs and result in respiratory distress and hypoxia.[7]

Gas embolism into an artery, termed arterial gas embolism (AGE), is a more serious matter than in a vein, because a gas bubble in an artery may directly stop blood flow to an area fed by the artery. The symptoms of 'AGE' depend on the area of blood flow, and may be those of stroke or heart attack if the brain or heart, respectively, is affected.[7] The amount of arterial gas embolism that causes symptoms depends on location - 2 mL of air in the cerebral circulation can be fatal, while 0.5 mL of air into a coronary artery can cause cardiac arrest.[8][9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism

However, an Angel of Death nurse in Germany killed off a LOT of terminally ill patients (who were in great pain) by using 60ml of air, injected rapidly to make one large bubble. Still, with our puny 3ml syringes, you would have to inject repeatedly to kill yourself. Unless you inject into an artery that is headed for the brain or heart...but good luck on that.

As for IM shots, everything I have read says it is all but impossible to kill yourself by injecting air into the muscle. You will cramp up and feel great pain from the pressure and still be nowhere close to killing yourself with it. Everything says the amount of air that passes from a muscle to a vein is all but zero.

Back