liver enzymes high

wood78221

So dense
I am currently in post cycle therapy (pct) for a 16 week, Test,EQ, Winstrol (winny) cycle. the reason i am posting is bc i just got a call back from my doc on my blood work, and he said my alt(liver enzymes) were elevated 3x the amount they should be. i ran Winstrol (winny) at 6 weeks at 50mg ED. How long should it take them to return back down to normal? I have just started running milk thistle.

I did a show may 5th, which i ran the Winstrol (winny) right into. for the first two weeks after the show i felt like complete shit...i guess from taking in all that "new" food. I feel fine now though. Anyone think it could be a combination of the whole thing?

Wood

When did you finish your cycle and when was the blood drawn?

ALT drops pretty quickly, indicating that it was probably much more than 3x the top of the normal range when you took your last dose of Winny.

Good job getting bloodwork done. Many guys things they know there liver is fine when they haven't a clue.

The liver repairs itself. That's good. But it scars that that makes it harder for it to do its job. Too much scaring and you've got a significant problem.

mranak said:
When did you finish your cycle and when was the blood drawn?

ALT drops pretty quickly, indicating that it was probably much more than 3x the top of the normal range when you took your last dose of Winny.

Good job getting bloodwork done. Many guys things they know there liver is fine when they haven't a clue.

The liver repairs itself. That's good. But it scars that that makes it harder for it to do its job. Too much scaring and you've got a significant problem.

it was about 2 weeks after the last dose. yeah he said it was about 3x what it should be

wood78221 said:
it was about 2 weeks after the last dose. yeah he said it was about 3x what it should be
I was probably even higher at the end of your cycle, then.

My advice: don't run Winstrol (winny) in the future. But I'm not a Winstrol (winny) fan.

thanks for the replies. he wants to check them again this coming thursday. it would be almost 2 weeks from the last time he checked them by then. i had heard about the liver being really tough, and being able to take alot of stuff.

wood78221 said:
thanks for the replies. he wants to check them again this coming thursday. it would be almost 2 weeks from the last time he checked them by then. i had heard about the liver being really tough, and being able to take alot of stuff.
As I said, the liver repairs itself. But it also scars. The more scaring, the worse.

So this isn't a big deal, but it isn't something that you want to keep repeating.

If you get that bloodwork done, then let us know the results. I'm guessing that they are way down from what they were, since we don't think that you are still actively causing liver damage.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you and have to check back in 3weeks with my Dr for another Liver blood test....good job we check, some guys out there think that because there eyes don't turn yellow or they don't feel ill means there liver is ok...next time they just keep upping the dose thinking they are fine...

I discovered that i had elevated enzymes last year after a 7 month lay off from the sauce. However they were only slightly elevated most likely from protein consumption. I decided to cycle anyway ran some heavy doses for 3 months(no orals) and recently got blood work done 2 months after discontinuing use. My enzymes were still elevated but w a significant improvement from last year(i made an effort to drink more water and keep protein to 45 g per meal and limited the steak to once a day)

mranak said:
As I said, the liver repairs itself. But it also scars. The more scaring, the worse.

So this isn't a big deal, but it isn't something that you want to keep repeating.

If you get that bloodwork done, then let us know the results. I'm guessing that they are way down from what they were, since we don't think that you are still actively causing liver damage.
The scaring or fybrosis as its called is repared by the liver only if you have a very damaged liver the fybrosis spreads because the liver cant regenerate due to a proteine that is produced by the scartissue cells and acts in a negative way on the healthy cells profibiting them to regenerate.
I had hepatitis B so i know these things,and i used steroids when i had Hep B (not recomended) but the liver can take alot of punishment.

Back