Getting lean is a bitch. Low leptin levels make you constantly hungry and extremely lethargic. Since your body is used to having plenty of fuel around it really takes a dive when you shed the excess adipose. I used to wrestle and box so I needed to have low body fat levels due to weight classes.
My top 5 appetite suppressants. These have helped me reach ~8% body fat three seperate times in the past.
1. One thing that works for me is green tea. I drink some when I'm hungry and it takes the hunger away. It also speeds up metabolism because of the ECCG in it, and is a powerful antioxidant. If you don't like the taste of green tea you can buy capsules and just take those. You can also make your own for almost no cost. Buy pill capsules and a bag of green tea- buy the right type of green tea or order it online and it should cost you next to nothing. Then put the green tea in a coffee grinder or blender and blend it up. Last step is to cap the mixture. You can have virtually a lifetime supply for about 50 bucks.
2. Water. Drink water before a meal and it fills you up a lot of the way. It also prevents the feeling of false hunger and keeps you hydrated- which you should be doing anyways. Try to drink water throughout the day, and spread it out. This helps a lot.
3. Adderall. I'm not reccomending anything, but when I was on ADHD medication for about 4 months I couldn't eat anything. My workouts were amazing too, it's like caffiene and creatine times 5, and without the jitters. The reason stopped taking it was because I lost 12 pounds without trying. This may be bad for someone trying to gain muscle, but for someone trying to lose weight it would work perfectly. Just don't take any late in the day or you'll end up staring at your cieling until your alarm goes off. I still have some, and may actually use it myself one day.
4. Sprints. I don't know the exact reason behind this, but whenever I do a couple of hill sprints my appetite takes a dive. Normally exercise raises cortisol and makes you hungrier, but this one seems to do the opposite for me. Perhaps it's because of the release of Growth Hormone which releases more fatty acids into your blood stream. If anyone knows why sprints prevent hunger, please chime in.
5. Sunlight. This is a powerful natural appetite suppressant. Sunlight makes your body release Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone, or MSH, which makes you feel full. Sunlight, as well as heat, are why you don't feel as hungry during the summertime. It is a proven fact that people naturally gain weight in the winter and lose weight in the summer, and sunlight is one of the main contributing factors. On top of appetite suppression, sunlight will also give you a nice tan, turn cholesterol into vitamin D, which is an anti-carcinogen btw, and help you sleep better at night by regulating melatonin.
Also make sure you get enough sleep. When you don't get enough sleep your body has higher cortisol levels, releases more ghrelin, and less y-peptide. This concoction of hormones will send your appetite through the roof as well as break down muscle.