looking for chest exercise

^^^^ This.

I don't know how you guys think you are managing to isolate 1 minor part of your chest.

First of all, you have the pectoralis major and the pectoralis minor unless you're somehow different than the rest of us. Muscle fibers DO NOT span the entire length of a muscle, as one single muscle fiber. Muscle fibers are actually segmented and joined with other muscle fibers/segments to form a long ensemble that will eventually link both attachments together.
Each strip/segment of a muscle fiber is selectively linked to its own set of motor axons. This means that not only are muscle fibers really divided into shorter segments aligned in series, BUT THAT EACH SEGMENT HAS ITS OWN SOURCE OF ACTIVATION. You can't isolate say the inner chest, but you can emphasize the inner chest. In the Muscle and Fitness magazine [september 29, 2008 - Page 200] There is an interview with Phil Heath the man himself. He clearly states that he used the ISO press machine and cable cross-overs to fill out his inner chest. He mentions that the key is to squeeze through the entire movement and you can feel it in the middle chest. I would love for you to tell him that he is full of shit. Also, Charles Glass one of the top trainers in the entire world has videos where he talks about the "inner chest". So yes, you can tear more muscle fibers in different parts of the chest with different movements. Have you even done any research to back up this claim, or do you just post shit to post it?

when people talk about working the inner chest 9 times out of 10 they are referring to speration or shaping it somehow. that's just simply genetics, all you can do is make it bigger and harder. yes some exercises will emphasize a certain part of a muscle, but you're just breaking that part of the muscle down for it to grow, hence bigger. absoloutely nothing you can do about shape or seperation, that all has to do with muscle insertion which is all genetics. different from person to person. you may do decline flies and say "wow, i really felt that in the middle of my chest!" but in all reality it took your entire chest to perform that movement the same as flat flies or incline flies. that's why i say just work on your basic pressing and squeezing movements, go heavy, and the rest will follow.

when people talk about working the inner chest 9 times out of 10 they are referring to speration or shaping it somehow. that's just simply genetics, all you can do is make it bigger and harder. yes some exercises will emphasize a certain part of a muscle, but you're just breaking that part of the muscle down for it to grow, hence bigger. absoloutely nothing you can do about shape or seperation, that all has to do with muscle insertion which is all genetics. different from person to person. you may do decline flies and say "wow, i really felt that in the middle of my chest!" but in all reality it took your entire chest to perform that movement the same as flat flies or incline flies. that's why i say just work on your basic pressing and squeezing movements, go heavy, and the rest will follow.

Yeah, I agree that you can't just isolate one part of the chest when doing certain lifts, but as I stated, you can "emphasize" certain areas of the chest that you hit. I also agree that you don't actually change the shape of your muscles, but rather enlarge them. All I was really trying to get at was that you can do certain exercises to tear more of the area you are lagging in to make it bigger. I feel we are both right to a certain degree in our posts. There are however 2 parts to the chest, it's not just one muscle. Oh well, we got off topic of the OP thread. Off to the gym to work my inner chest. LOL! JK, couldn't resist!

Yeah, I agree that you can't just isolate one part of the chest when doing certain lifts, but as I stated, you can "emphasize" certain areas of the chest that you hit. I also agree that you don't actually change the shape of your muscles, but rather enlarge them. All I was really trying to get at was that you can do certain exercises to tear more of the area you are lagging in to make it bigger. I feel we are both right to a certain degree in our posts. There are however 2 parts to the chest, it's not just one muscle. Oh well, we got off topic of the OP thread. Off to the gym to work my inner chest. LOL! JK, couldn't resist!
yeah pec major and pec minor, but neither one of these is simply just the "inner chest", i don't think a lot of people understand that. also i agree we are both right, but for some reason arguing about it. i swear if i see another thread asking about the inner chest though i'm gonna lose it:soap:

yeah pec major and pec minor, but neither one of these is simply just the "inner chest", i don't think a lot of people understand that. also i agree we are both right, but for some reason arguing about it. i swear if i see another thread asking about the inner chest though i'm gonna lose it:soap:

LMAO bro! I feel the same way about a lot of shit on this site. It's like nobody does any research on their own. Then you have a noob asking for sources every day or someone asking about oral only cycles and people who don't use AI's or do proper PCT protocols asking why they are messed up and losing all of their gains. I know bro, it's a damn cycle that seems to be never ending. We aren't arguing, just sharing our viewpoints is all, it's all good. We both know what we're talking about here, no need to explain any further. Now, lets get huge and teach the noobs some more.

LMAO bro! I feel the same way about a lot of shit on this site. It's like nobody does any research on their own. Then you have a noob asking for sources every day or someone asking about oral only cycles and people who don't use AI's or do proper PCT protocols asking why they are messed up and losing all of their gains. I know bro, it's a damn cycle that seems to be never ending. We aren't arguing, just sharing our viewpoints is all, it's all good. We both know what we're talking about here, no need to explain any further. Now, lets get huge and teach the noobs some more.

have fun gettin huge, i'm out of the gym for a few days. i'm sick :mad: had to happen right when i started this cycle. fuckin upper respiratory infection

have fun gettin huge, i'm out of the gym for a few days. i'm sick :mad: had to happen right when i started this cycle. fuckin upper respiratory infection

Shit, that sucks bro! Hope that clears up soon for you. I'm not actually getting huge yet, haven't started the cycle yet. Should be in about a week or so. Can't wait for the crazy pumps and big gains. I'm doing good without it, but will do GREAT with it. You have plenty of time, so don't stress it bro, just make up for it when you get back in.

Back