Looking to lose 60 lbs in about 6 months, need advice......

MIGHTY DOG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! I just started working out again and i am 285 lbs and 5'11'. I used to be in good shape but i let myself go. I am looking to lose 60lbs in 6 months. Is that a little to ambitious? and what would be the best way to go. I live in the NYC area and work out at the recreation center all over the city. Please give me some advice on how best to do this. Also what is the best fat burner and appetite suppresant avaialbe. Thanks!

You can reach me at rodney_the_king@hotmail.com

Cardio Cardio Cardio and then do some cardio

start out by getting a physical and talking to your doctor about your plan to start. make sure he gives you a green light then get your ass moving. As you get into the cardio you might have to walk, jog, walk jog for a 30 minute session. Eventually you will get to where you can jog throughout for a solid hour. Personally, i like the stationary bike. I get my heart rate to the same point but less stress on my joints.
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16

next move would be to get your diet in check. are you eating the right foods and eating by the clock (every 2 to 3 hours).
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Get those two things in order and you will see it melt off

Last edited:
Like mentioned in the previous post diet and cardio are going to the two most important factors. I would also add a weight training program in there. Adding muscle mass will increase your metabolic rate (calories burned while at rest).

You need the full monty. Weight lifting, cardio, diet, and in the end perhaps some fatburners. You don't need steroids for your goals.

Standard advice from the land of bodyrecomposition is to diet for no more than 6-8 weeks then take a week or two off and eat at maintenance. Repeat until you are a lean mofo.

If you want the diet part of things to do a lot of the work and can stand really low calories look into a protein sparing modified fast. My personal choice would be to lift, do lots of cardio and eat a bit more while staying moderately hypocaloric.

Cardinal said:
My personal choice would be to lift, do lots of cardio and eat a bit more while staying moderately hypocaloric.

good advice. i would eat 2500-2800 kcal a day depending on how active your life is you MAY need 3000 but i doubt it.2500 in good whole food will fill you up once you get used to it.

i would not overdo the cardio though. 30 min of hard work 5-6 days a week is plenty. notice i said hard work, as in youre begging for the 30 to be up and youre drained when its over. your clothes should be pretty drenched in sweat.

dont drop your carbs to low with this program and youll lose shit tons of fat while gaining muscle.

nope.. all u need to do is cardio an hour a day...perhaps or perhaps not with fat berners. but cardio is the main factor. a person can eat, drink, or shit crap, just as long as he is willing to exersize it off..

i he starts out with an hour of cardio a day where does he go when he plateaus? easier to make the diff with diet and he wont be so tired.

he has to adjust his diet if he wants to lose the weight. if he tries to just ramp up his cardio without paying attention to his diet, he might be cramming in more calories unknowingly because his body senses extra calories being burned. losing 60lbs is a major lifestyle change, and he's going to need to do a lot of cardio combined with a change in diet to pull it off.

good luck with the endeavor. keep in mind that this is a big goal, and don't get discouraged if you don't see results as fast as you want to. sometimes it helps to set your goals in smaller steps, so that it's easier to remember what you have accomplished.

Back