Low dose DNP question.

cooldude_1981

low dose DNP question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i found this study where they said that deaths are linked to DNP and blood levels of deceased were 31 and 28 mg/l. We have around 5.6 litres of blood in the human body and the DNP levels come up to 202.16mg and 156.8mg. This level can be acheived with couple of 200mg dosages. The question is can DNP be fatal at such low dosages and the blood still does not have stable levels beause on many forums i have read that at 200mg you barely feel sides. The reasons of death were not given but someone with more knowledge comment on this.

THE STUDY
-----------
Two deaths attributed to the use of 2,4-dinitrophenol.

We report the cases of two individuals, one in Tacoma, WA, and the second in San Diego, CA, whose deaths were attributed to ingestion of 2,4-dinitrophenol (2,4-DNP). 2,4-DNP has historically been used as a herbicide and fungicide. By uncoupling mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation, the drug causes a marked increase in fat metabolism that has led to its use to aid weight loss. Both cases reported here involved its use for this purpose. Features common to both cases included markedly elevated body temperature, rapid pulse and respiration, yellow coloring of the viscera at autopsy, history of use of weight loss or body building supplements, and presence of a yellow powder at the decedent's residence. Because of its acidic nature, the drug is not detected in the basic drug fraction of most analytical protocols, but it is recovered in the acid/neutral fraction of biological extracts and can be measured by high-performance liquid chromatography or gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. The concentration of 2,4-DNP in the admission blood samples of the two deaths reported here were 36.1 and 28 mg/L, respectively. Death in both cases was attributed to 2,4-DNP toxicity. Review of information available on the internet suggests that, although banned, 2,4-DNP is still illicitly promoted for weight loss.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...rch=1 6803658

DNP keeps working after death. At the moment of autopsy, it is likely the detected levels are lower than that what the deceased actually ingested. Also, your link doesn't appear to work.

I really doubt anyone would die off 200mg, unless they were a total spanner and just didn't drink water or something.

Thoms is this proven?? I am not arguing here. Just curious. It is beyond me to understand that how can a chemical be reduced to its half life or lower in a lifeless body. I don't think that is true. Even if it is true you have to consider that it is only a possibility not a proven fact. Hence, it might still be dangerous at low doses.

200mg/day would be way to low, but I think it may be possible if the person was dehydrated and working in heat or a scenario like that.

cooldude_1981 said:
Thoms is this proven?? I am not arguing here. Just curious. It is beyond me to understand that how can a chemical be reduced to its half life or lower in a lifeless body. I don't think that is true. Even if it is true you have to consider that it is only a possibility not a proven fact. Hence, it might still be dangerous at low doses.
There is some activity after death since the tissue doesn't decay instantly. Corpses have been known to still generate heath for a little while. However, there have been no studies on the phenomenon.

It is hard to conceive that 200 mgs. of DNP daily could cause death. I am pretty skeptical what facts were used to "attribute" these deaths to DNP use at such low dosages. There are always going to be a high number of variables present, I don't know how you can isolate one and determine that it, and nothing else, caused death.

@200mg/day it would be virtually impossible to become toxic enough to die...the only thing I can think of is they had some type of severe allergic reaction to the DNP which can happen with virtually any substance one injests.

Either that or DNP continues to break down post-death

it happens with cyanide, making it nearly impossible to determine cause of death....could be the same, i dunno

DocJ said:
@200mg/day it would be virtually impossible to become toxic enough to die...the only thing I can think of is they had some type of severe allergic reaction to the DNP which can happen with virtually any substance one injests.
i agree . ive MANY MANY dnp cycles where people ran much higher doses than 200 mg .

First of all, blood levels are going to be much lower than the amount ingested. DNP gets distributed in tissues throughout the body.

The full text gives us some more details. It explains that the amount ingested in either case was unknown. It also explains that in the first case, the girl had complained of being "fatigued and tired" "for several weeks". She showed up with a temperature of 103 deg F. She had been vomiting the night before and had muscle pain. She didn't just pop one 200mg pill and die.

In the second case, the man was a 28 year old bodybuilder. He was found unconscious by his roommate in a bathtub full of ice. His roommate related that "he had been taking some bodybuilding supplements from Mexico." Besides the DNP in his blood/urine/etc, they found 850mg of DNP in his stomach. It's almost like this guy was trying to kill himself. It looks like he had recently taken 1000mg of DNP.

Neither of these cases provide evidence that low doses are DNP are dangerous. The facts of the cases show that both subjects were clearly taking an excessive, toxic amount.

Hope that helps,
Conc

Last edited:
Conciliator said:
First of all, blood levels are going to be much lower than the amount ingested. DNP gets distributed in tissues throughout the body.

The full text gives us some more details. It explains that the amount ingested in either case was unknown. It also explains that in the first case, the girl had complained of being "fatigued and tired" "for several weeks". She showed up with a temperature of 103 deg F. She had been vomiting the night before and had muscle pain. She didn't just pop one 200mg pill and die.

In the second case, the man was a 28 year old bodybuilder. He was found unconscious by his roommate in a bathtub full of ice. His roommate related that "he had been taking some bodybuilding supplements from Mexico." Besides the DNP in his blood/urine/etc, they found 850mg of DNP in his stomach. It's almost like this guy was trying to kill himself. It looks like he had recently taken 1000mg of DNP.

Neither of these cases provide evidence that low doses are DNP are dangerous. The facts of the cases show that both subjects were clearly taking an excessive, toxic amount.

Neither of these cases provide evidence that low doses are DNP are dangerous. The facts of the cases show that both subjects were clearly taking an excessive amount.

Hope that helps,
Conc
Our presence is graced by the DNP guru! :)

Bro!

Dude I been trying to find out where you went, what'd AR ban you for? Also saw you used to be on SSB....lol you're not too popular!

frankiedawrench said:
Bro!

Dude I been trying to find out where you went, what'd AR ban you for? Also saw you used to be on SSB....lol you're not too popular!
Yeah, in his book thread I posted about how poor his research is. I gave examples of the horrendous references he used in his clen and DNP papers. I explained that he was unable to interpret the research, understand its scope, and make valid extrapolations. I guess he didn't like that, lol. He banned me for flamming.

I'm a pretty outspoken guy, so on forums where they have a Nazi administration with dictators running the show I have a tendancy to get censored and banned. Oh well, their loss.

-Conc

Popichulo said:
WOW bro your a long way from home (bodyrecomposition.com) here aint cha. Glad you could lend a hand.
Hey man. I recognized your name in the forum list. Good to see you here and glad to help.

lol, roberts is useless.

I just signed up on bodyrecomposition.com, I thought up some questions to ask on DNP the other day but have forgotten them right now, I'll hit you up over there sometime.

frankiedawrench said:
lol, roberts is useless.

I just signed up on bodyrecomposition.com, I thought up some questions to ask on DNP the other day but have forgotten them right now, I'll hit you up over there sometime.
Yeah, you can reach me there or I've probably posted even more about DNP over at Meso.

Back