Low LH & FSH, High E2

MrPhoenix

Hi guys...so I just got some blood work done and i'm very concerned about the low LH & FSH and of course the high E2. I will give as much info as I currently have. Someone suggested I may have a thyroid problem and that I may have iodine deficiency so I've been supplementing Iodine 25-50mg per day for about 5 days now along with about 400mcg selenium that I get in my Multi Vitamin. My waking temp is ~96.9 and my daytime temp never goes above ~98.1. They also suggested to take .25mg Anastrozole E3D which I have been doing for about 10 days now, but someone else suggested I cut that dose down to a daily dose so approximately .1mg per day. Is 30 days long enough to retest and see how T, LH, FSH, thyroid and E2 are doing? Thanks guys. My first thought was maybe TRT but now im thinking maybe I just need to control my E2?

-age - 29, Turning 30 in November 2016

-height - 5' 9 1/2"

-waist - 34"

-weight - 189lb

-describe body and facial hair -

Not too much on my chest. Cant exactly grow a full beard but it's not too bad, still kinda thick. Head hair has always been good and thick.

-describe where you carry fat-

Lower abdomen and love handles. Some on chest but probably gyno.

-health conditions, symptoms [history] -

I had a good amount of gyno removed Sept 2013. Got E2 checked after surgery and it was at 30.9 (ND-39). I had gyno since puberty and I believe taking Tren when I was 21 made it worse.

-Rx and OTC drugs, any hair loss drugs or prostate drugs ever-

Smoked weed daily for 10 years, stopped 6 months ago. Ran Tren prohormone when I was 21 like a dummy. Ran it for 6 weeks and used Tamoxifen + Natural test booster for PCT (young and dumb). I had nipple discharge while on Tren also..

-lab results with ranges (most recent, 8/31/2016)-

Testosterone, Total - 551 (348-1197)
Testosterone, Free - Not taken but will take soon.
LH - 1.8 (1.7 - 8.6)
FSH - 1.0 (1.5 -12.4)
Estradiol - 42.2 (7.6 -4 2.6)
WBC - 4.2 (3.4 - 10.8)
RBC - 4.74 (4.14 - 5.80)
Hemoglobin - 15.3 (12.6 - 17.7)
Hematocrit - 45.5 (27.5 - 51.0)
AST 33 (0-40 IU/L)
ALT 29 (0-44 IU/L)

Everything else in CBC is normal (let me know if you want anything specific).
CMP all normal (let me know if you want anything specific)

-lab results with ranges (December 2015)-

TSH3 Ultra-Sens - 1.72 (0.55 - 4.78)
Free T4 - 1.03 (0.89 - 1.76)
Free T3 - 3.24 (2.30 - 4.20)
AST 40 (10-42)
ALT 35 (<40)
Hematocrit 48.8 (41.0-50.0)
RBC 4.88 (4.40 - 5.80)
WBC 4.6 (3.8 - 10.8)

-lab results with ranges (September 2013)-

Testosterone, Total - 383 (241-827)
Testosterone, Free - Not Tested
LH - 4.45 (1.5 - 9.3)
Estradiol - 30.9 (ND - 39.8)
FSH - Unknown, doctor only gave me first sheet with Test, LH and Estradiol.

-describe diet-

4 weeks ago I started to "cut" and changed to a Keto diet. My Daily Calorie needs are ~2900-3000 calories and I am consuming 2500 calories with 30 min low intensity cardio approximate 3-4 times a week. Carbs are 20g or less, Protein is 170g daily, and Fat is around 200g daily, whatever adds up to 2500 depending on carbs consumed. Usually split into 5 meals and rarely into 4 meals. All calories come from Food and no supplements are being taken except for a little fiber and multivitamin. Water is at 1gal daily.

Before this keto diet I basically "bulked" for about 4 months and ate 3500-3700 calories daily at about 25% pro / 20% fat / 55% carbs. Lots of Chicken, brown rice, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, gold potatoes, egg whites, mct oil, nuts and avocado.

-describe training-

If you're familiar with it, during bulk I did Arnolds Blueprint to Mass with a few slight variations at times if I got bored. I dont do 6 days straight then rest on the 7th like the blueprint says. I just go in order whenever I get a chance to workout. Usually 4 days per week.

bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold-schwarzenegger-blueprint-trainer-day-1.html

Now that I'm cutting i'm using Arnolds Blueprint to Cutting.

bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold-schwarzeneggers-blueprint-to-cut-day-1.html

A recent study I read stated that over 70% of hypothyroid patients were low in b12. I'm hypo and have been for 25 years +. The best I've ever felt sense was when I was injections 1000mcg of b12 a day. I was on a lot of other things but I will tell you it is super cheap and there is not toxic level. I'd start with 1cc a day subs. Fyi I'm not a doctor. hope you get to feeling better stay on the iodine and add magnesium. Welcome to the site.

I believe IMT has access to a B12 HCG combo that is brilliant.

Welcome to the site make some friends. As all the dumb questions you can except where to by illegal drugs.

I definitely feel welcomed here, thank you.

I'll give the b12 a shot ;) I have some left over from like a year ago. So 1000mcg subs in the belly area is fine? And how much magnesium daily? I have zma and there's some in my multi but I can buy mag caps if needed. On top of this I'm also taking ~5000 d3 and 300mg coq10 (1 gel cap), Costco brand.

You are fine. TT of 551 is good.

Your E2 is fine. Looks like you had the ECLIA assay which is inaccurate at low levels and is often overstated by 10-20 points.

Your LH and FSH are fine given your TT.

But you need to get off everything and check your blood work while not under the influence of anything. Arimidex by itself raises your TT.

Your previous thyroid results look fine.

Not sure you should be listening to your "friends".

You are fine. TT of 551 is good.

Your E2 is fine. Looks like you had the ECLIA assay which is inaccurate at low levels and is often overstated by 10-20 points.

Your LH and FSH are fine given your TT.

But you need to get off everything and check your blood work while not under the influence of anything. Arimidex by itself raises your TT.

Your previous thyroid results look fine.

Not sure you should be listening to your "friends".

Sorry I didnt make it clear that all labs were taken while being completely natural. I've always had high estrogen. I had gyno surgery 3 years ago and it started to come back mainly on my left side. It's pretty tender right now. A few months after surgery my e2 was 30.9 and now 3 years later it's 42.2

I started taking iodine after checking body temps and they were low

There are a few things to point out here: Your history does impact your labs, despite how long ago it was (i.e., Tren and the gyno with lactation). That said, arimidex/anastrozole will help to a certain extent, but someone noted it increasing TT -- this isn't an accurate statement, so DON'T run anastrozole as a monotherapy solution. If you're goal is health alone and trying to rectify your bloodwork (not bodybuilding or the like) then my suggestion is to work with your endo to determine the cause of your low LH, FSH (yes, it's low for not being on AAS). There could be underlying issues within your HPTA. Your TT looks fine, but like you inferred, you need to see Free/Bio-available levels. Did you have issues before you tried Tren? I'm assuming you have no bloodwork dating before the Tren use?

There are a few things to point out here: Your history does impact your labs, despite how long ago it was (i.e., Tren and the gyno with lactation). That said, arimidex/anastrozole will help to a certain extent, but someone noted it increasing TT -- this isn't an accurate statement, so DON'T run anastrozole as a monotherapy solution. If you're goal is health alone and trying to rectify your bloodwork (not bodybuilding or the like) then my suggestion is to work with your endo to determine the cause of your low LH, FSH (yes, it's low for not being on AAS). There could be underlying issues within your HPTA. Your TT looks fine, but like you inferred, you need to see Free/Bio-available levels. Did you have issues before you tried Tren? I'm assuming you have no bloodwork dating before the Tren use?

No bloodwork pre or post tren. All i can really say is that I already had gyno before taking tren but tren made it worse. So I've always had naturally high estrogen. My goal is of course to be healthy but I'm also trying to achieve a lean and hard body. Something I've never been able to do. Always have that fat around the lower belly. A year ago I cut down from like 190 to 170 with 10% body fat but I didn't have any muscle to show for it. So then in 6 months i bulked up to 193. Here I am about 6 weeks into my cutting phase while on keto and down to about 189 with 14% bf.

Anastrozole doesn't increase TT when the HPTA negative feedback loop is closed? You sure about that? (hint: it does, you're just confused about when the loop is open)

OP: Tron is absolutely correct in that your estradiol is fine unless it's a sensitive assay - which it would say. The ECLIA assay does report a much higher value than where you really are.

I'm going out on a limb here, but a drastic diet and exercise change can more than certainly decrease pituitary output as the body is responding to such a drastic change in environmental stimuli. I'd bump up the cals a little bit (you can stay in ketosis) and see how you feel.

My .02c :)

Ok so if my e2 is fine, what caused my gyno in the first place and why is it coming back after I had it removed? Prolactin?

So as of now it looks like I should stop AI (cold turkey or taper down?).

I'll stay on iodine for a few more weeks to see if body temps go up. I never go any higher than 98.3. Sometimes I'm lucky to get 98.6 after a workout and cardio. My gf constantly gets 98.9 with the same thermometer so the thermometer is fine.

You say bump up the cals? I'm at 2350 cal and have been losing 1lb or less per week. The weird thing too is that sometimes I feel like I'm still growing even though I'm supposedly on a calorie deficit and I was thinking of lowering the cals.

Ok so if my e2 is fine, what caused my gyno in the first place and why is it coming back after I had it removed? Prolactin?

So as of now it looks like I should stop AI (cold turkey or taper down?).

I'll stay on iodine for a few more weeks to see if body temps go up. I never go any higher than 98.3. Sometimes I'm lucky to get 98.6 after a workout and cardio. My gf constantly gets 98.9 with the same thermometer so the thermometer is fine.

You say bump up the cals? I'm at 2350 cal and have been losing 1lb or less per week. The weird thing too is that sometimes I feel like I'm still growing even though I'm supposedly on a calorie deficit and I was thinking of lowering the cals.

Yes, stop the AI. You don't need it. Your TT and E2 are fine. No need to taper. Just stop.

You are in a caloric deficit. That suppresses your HPTA and Thyroid. Eat at maintenance, or better yet a surplus, for 2-3 weeks. That will help get your body working again. Once it now back to normal you can go into a deficit again. But it is important to "reset" your metabolism once in a while when cutting.

Yes, stop the AI. You don't need it. Your TT and E2 are fine. No need to taper. Just stop.

You are in a caloric deficit. That suppresses your HPTA and Thyroid. Eat at maintenance, or better yet a surplus, for 2-3 weeks. That will help get your body working again. Once it now back to normal you can go into a deficit again. But it is important to "reset" your metabolism once in a while when cutting.

Interesting. Even only being on a deficit for 6 weeks?

I'll stop AI, eat at maintenance or surplus for 2-3 weeks then I'll get a full panel including e2 sensitive, T, FT, LH, CAN, THS, FT3, FT4, Prolactin, PSA etc.

Ok will do in a few weeks so I can get it all done at once. Or would anything I'm doing now interfere with prolactin and rt3? If not then I'll do prolactin and rt3 asap.

I have not been donating blood at all and no other surgeries. I noticed my hematocrit is on the high side. Should I consider donating blood every few months?

Ok will do in a few weeks so I can get it all done at once. Or would anything I'm doing now interfere with prolactin and rt3? If not then I'll do prolactin and rt3 asap.

I have not been donating blood at all and no other surgeries. I noticed my hematocrit is on the high side. Should I consider donating blood every few months?

no need to donate blood at the moment.

prolactin and rt3 can be ran anytime, or u can wait. its up to you.

Back