Making a Comeback

Jimmykick

Lift, eat, sleep and grow
Well Guys I managed to do it. In mid 2006 I sustained a shoulder injury and took "some time off" from the gym. 18 months later I almost never worked out, ate like shit, worked like a dog and I went from the best shape of my life at 10% bodyfat to my highest weight in recent memory. I am ashamed of what I let happen to my body. I can still see the muscle guy underneath my new fat layer as I didnt completely go to shit but you know how high we set our standards for ourselves here at ology and this is no longer acceptable.

How did this happen? At 41 years old, raising 3 kids (17, 14 and 10) and all their after school activity, managing 3 businesses (2 failing) and trying to keep my wife happy, blah blah blah it becomes very easy to put yourself aside and move other things to the front of the priority list. That is what I did.

I have decided that I am going to get back in shape and the reason I am posting this up is to hold myself accountable to this community. The shit stops here. I officially started today. I lifted and followed that up with 45 minutes of cardio. I feel confident that I know exactly what I am doing with my nutrition and workouts. With the knowledge I have gained over the past 20 years I know that I can get back in shape in a relatively short period.

As a final word of advice to others that my be or are teetering on the brink of what I just did, don't EVER concede your workout time to anyone or for anything.

See my tagline at the bottom? ITS TRUE!!!!!!!! Never again.

Jimmykick said:
Well Guys I managed to do it. In mid 2006 I sustained a shoulder injury and took "some time off" from the gym. 18 months later I almost never worked out, ate like shit, worked like a dog and I went from the best shape of my life at 10% bodyfat to my highest weight in recent memory. I am ashamed of what I let happen to my body. I can still see the muscle guy underneath my new fat layer as I didnt completely go to shit but you know how high we set our standards for ourselves here at ology and this is no longer acceptable.

How did this happen? At 41 years old, raising 3 kids (17, 14 and 10) and all their after school activity, managing 3 businesses (2 failing) and trying to keep my wife happy, blah blah blah it becomes very easy to put yourself aside and move other things to the front of the priority list. That is what I did.

I have decided that I am going to get back in shape and the reason I am posting this up is to hold myself accountable to this community. The shit stops here. I officially started today. I lifted and followed that up with 45 minutes of cardio. I feel confident that I know exactly what I am doing with my nutrition and workouts. With the knowledge I have gained over the past 20 years I know that I can get back in shape in a relatively short period.

As a final word of advice to others that my be or are teetering on the brink of what I just did, don't EVER concede your workout time to anyone or for anything.

See my tagline at the bottom? ITS TRUE!!!!!!!! Never again.

Wow bro you said my story I am just about 40 and 3 kids and runing just 1 family bizz never mind trying to run 3 like you. So what I'm saying is I hear ya and I feal your pain right now. About 9 montha ago i was just comeing back as well fealing everthing you are. But the truth is as we all know in no time at all you'll be fealing and looking like a million bucks. Boy it really is so simple to come up with a dozen different reasons why you just cant make it to the gym
be it kids or work and like you said Keeping the boss happy. So it sounds like you feal like I did 9 months ago so go fucking get em baby. Take no prisoners. One more thing for me I have just came to terms that Most guys like us with a bizz and family and whatever else is going on it is tough so my new thing now is I go to the gym no matter what but now i go get in and get out no fucking around in and out 45 min to and hour the most and i'm gone. I cant make a project or big ordeal about going to the gym so that's why i made up my mind to just get in do my key core most important sets and thats it. And you know what it's working grate for me. So good luck to you keep it up and keep the wife happy it goes hand and hand with your happiness. lol take care and keep us updated.. Mike

thanks for the encouragement
I am doing well but here are some eye openers

Was benching 310 just 18 months ago (I'm not even close to that right now)
Lifted too hard out of the gate, chest was so tight that I couldnt lift my arms above my shoulders for 4 days so I did legs and back/biceps
cardio was easier than I imagined it would be and I am actually enjoying it

Tonite my 10 yr old daughter told me that i have Santas round belly. She said "Dad, your arms and legs look good but that belly has to go". it's not that big but it's not flat either. Kids dont give a fuck, they call it like they see it. Even more motivated after that little gem.

Trying to stay off a cycle at this point until i get my nutrition and workout down to a tee. I am not ready for a cycle at this point. I am using it as a future reward.

I'm jealous that cardio didn't feel like it was going to kill you. I've been having a go at cardio for a long time and I still feel like I'm going to die.

nice man keep it up.. i am trying to get back to where i was before i lost everything suddenly and it was from diabetis.. i mean one night i was 220lbs and the next year i was 155lbs.. finally i went to the doctor.. now im' up to 176 and strength is up.. the only problem is every time i work out my back its really sore untill i work out agian.. like the muscles are way too toit i got a toit little body (sorry i just watched austin powers)

I wish I never stopped

Mranak I dont do the treadmill I prefer the recumbant bike. I get my heart rate around 130 to 135 bpm and stay there for 45 minutes to an hour. It doesnt kill your joints and I've always been able to lean up hard that way

Back