Making your own Sterile OIL

Drveejay11

I am banned!
Borrowed from AU:

Pick what type of oil you want to use. Good ones are planters 100% peanut oil the other is Wesson oil 100% pure soybean oil. I prefer Wesson as it flows easier through the filters.

To steralize the vial tear the alum seal of the top. Then use heat in the yellow bottle which is 100% methanol kills anything pour 50ml into the vial put the rubber stopper back in and shake for a couple of minutes. Pour out the heat makeing sure not to touch the inside neck of the vial. Place the empty vial into the heated oven any left over methanol will evap in 5 min.

Add 100ml’s of oil to an empty vial vent the top with a pin bake at 250f for 45 minutes. You can use any old 100ml vial for the heating process.

PS you can also clean an reuse your .45micron filter suseing methanol simply use a 20ml pin and run it through the filter then wrap in tin foil bake at 250f for 45 min works great for prefiltering fina kits.

While the oil is still warm filter into a sterile vial with a .45micron filter to remove any particulate matter. You can use a smaller filter if you like but it takes a lot longer to filter.

You will now have 100ml’s of sterile oil to mix with high solvent content gear.

got it backwards. sterile filter then bake.

this is still unecessary. run hormone, solvent and oil thru the filter then heat sterelize. this is a waste unless you just want a supply of sterile oil. Now why is this a waste? the only thing i use sterile oil for is diluting solutions. if i have to do this i just filter in the amount oil i need then bake. or with some compounds you can filter solvent and hormone into sterile oil. i however do not like this because there is a greater risk of loosing more hormone because of the increased concentration of the solvent and hormone.

its more trouble cleaning filters than it worth esp since they only cost 2 bucks a piece.

this is my .02 anyway.

good luck you guys and happy experimenting.

Back