Mass Gainer help to make smaller shake with high calories

FrenchieFlare

What's up fellows? I need a little help to condense down my shake it's roughly 1,200 calories. The problem is it makes so much around 24oz or more...looking for smaller ounces but those calories. My shake consist of as follows
1 cup oats
2 scoops hydrowhey
1 banana
2oz heavy whipping cream
2 large spoons peanut butter
1 1/2 cup whole milk

Any help or other recipes would be greatly appreciated

The only way you're going to do that is by replacing some of the carb and protein calories with fat calories.

That, and cutting down on fiber (probably mostly in the oats)

The only way you're going to do that is by replacing some of the carb and protein calories with fat calories.

That, and cutting down on fiber (probably mostly in the oats)

Bingo ^^ if I were you I'd eat the peanut butter and banana outside the shake, especially because they are so enjoyable. Ice cream would be a decent way to add calories and reduce volume. I'd also suggest udos 3 6 9. It's a little pricey but it's amazing. You could also take out the oats and add dextros/maldextrin. Hee is what I would do for max calories. 2 servings udos, 2scoops whey, fill the rest work dextrose (might end up with 50plus grams of sugar)

Don't change anything, keep it exactly the same, fill up a 24oz shaker cup, whatever's left over.....drink it ;)

Or lower the oats and up the PB, or lower the oats and add in macadamia nut oil or coconut oil to replace lost cals. I wouldnt sacrifice protein, I would sacrifice the carbohydrate every time, and replace it with fat, both are energy sources. It would up the cals a bit though.

Last edited:
Don't change anything, keep it exactly the same, fill up a 24oz shaker cup, whatever's left over.....drink it ;)

Or lower the oats and up the PB, or lower the oats and add in macadamia nut oil or coconut oil to replace lost cals. I wouldnt sacrifice protein, I would sacrifice the carbohydrate every time, and replace it with fat, both are energy sources. It would up the cals a bit though.

What's some easy good tasting things to up the calories? I really would like my homemade shake to be around 1500-1600 calories so I can drink 2 a day. Thanks for any additives

Yep, hard to gain my metabolism is so high so I gotta eat whole foods and a good gainer. Even with dieting I'm struggling weight wise

Right on that was my next question, I have the same type of metabolism. My suggestion is to throw some dirty food into the mix. Guys that are ectomorphs with very fast metabolisms can get away with doing this. It is pretty much impossible to consume enough calories to bulk and gain muscle throughout the day eating only clean food, you would literally explode, only way it could be done is to sleep less and eat more and that's not smart IMO.

Anyways, what I used to do, I actually used to make a very similar shake. But in each one, and I would drink two per day, I would add in vanilla ice cream and a melted up snickers chocolate bar. Now a lot of people couldn't get away with doing this without gaining any fat, but when you are a guy who has a hard time gaining due to a retarded metaolism its game on. I actually still to this very day eat ice cream once or twice a day, lol.

Right on that was my next question, I have the same type of metabolism. My suggestion is to throw some dirty food into the mix. Guys that are ectomorphs with very fast metabolisms can get away with doing this. It is pretty much impossible to consume enough calories to bulk and gain muscle throughout the day eating only clean food, you would literally explode, only way it could be done is to sleep less and eat more and that's not smart IMO.

Anyways, what I used to do, I actually used to make a very similar shake. But in each one, and I would drink two per day, I would add in vanilla ice cream and a melted up snickers chocolate bar. Now a lot of people couldn't get away with doing this without gaining any fat, but when you are a guy who has a hard time gaining due to a retarded metaolism its game on. I actually still to this very day eat ice cream once or twice a day, lol.

I posted my current diet below if you can see it, but those damn chicken breast suck now the snickers sound like a great idea I know they're bout 500 calories atleast

View attachment 558598

That's my current diet and so far it's only maintaing weight

Based on what you said about your metabolism you will have a VERY hard time gaining muscle eating like that, its too clean, and not enough calories, and those whey protein shakes (if they aren't the mass shakes were talking about) should be whole meals. I don't even use protein powder, but if I did the only time I see it being necessary is post workout only.

I am by no mean a guru or even close when it comes to dieting but I know what works for me and I know for me at least, having a high metabolism eating cheat meals on the reg to up calories is key to building muscle, I eat a cheat meal every day, sometimes twice. I am by no means telling you to do this, because each individual reacts different to different dieting techniques, but I am giving you info on what I do, being a guy with a very fast metabolism.

When I first started lifting I would eat 10,000cals per day, consisting of anything and everything, high protein and whatever else I wanted, lots of healthy food but also lots of cheats and so called 'dirty' meals, I would eat till I was sick almost, lol, only gained muscle and zero fat whatsoever.

You need to try different things if the thing your doing isn't working.

just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Based on what you said about your metabolism you will have a VERY hard time gaining muscle eating like that, its too clean, and not enough calories, and those whey protein shakes (if they aren't the mass shakes were talking about) should be whole meals. I don't even use protein powder, but if I did the only time I see it being necessary is post workout only.

I am by no mean a guru or even close when it comes to dieting but I know what works for me and I know for me at least, having a high metabolism eating cheat meals on the reg to up calories is key to building muscle, I eat a cheat meal every day, sometimes twice. I am by no means telling you to do this, because each individual reacts different to different dieting techniques, but I am giving you info on what I do, being a guy with a very fast metabolism.

When I first started lifting I would eat 10,000cals per day, consisting of anything and everything, high protein and whatever else I wanted, lots of healthy food but also lots of cheats and so called 'dirty' meals, I would eat till I was sick almost, lol, only gained muscle and zero fat whatsoever.

You need to try different things if the thing your doing isn't working.

just some food for thought.

Good advice, I wouldn't even know where to begin on how to eat 10,000 calories a day. I'm going to research that now. Thanks for the help, and the whey shakes yeah those are the gainers

Ya man just do some reading, try different thing and see what fits man. It all takes time and learning, thats the fun of it though.

Back