Max. amount of protein body can handle per meal

jimdawg

Testalicious
I eat about 50-60g of protein per meal. I have everyone from doctors and nutritionists telling me I'm wasting my money because the body can only handle 28g at a time. Any truth behind this? I can't see how a figure skater can handle the same amount as a bodybuilder.

I have very little faith in MD's. My doctor told me there were no anabolics aproved for human use.

Its an individual thing and really, there is no way to find out how much you can take down in each meal.

For me, when I eat too much protein I get the runs.

You best bet is to spread out your protein consumption evenly throughout your meals, so 50-60 grams doesn't seem that high.

I know a couple people on another board that were pushing 1,000 G of protein per day, so your 60/meal doesn't that all that high anymore.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water and also eating your good carbs and fats and you will be fine.

Most doctors and nutritionists don't know jack shit about BBing or a BBing diet.

People get all jumpled up about this.. I just say decide how much protein you need in a day, divide that up by 5-8 meals and eat. People seem to worry about a lot of little things without grasping the basics.

Of course theres no specifics to it. 50-60 grams per meal is perfect for any big guy imo. 1000 grams a day is just ridiculous.

Easto said:
Its an individual thing and really, there is no way to find out how much you can take down in each meal.

You best bet is to spread out your protein consumption evenly throughout your meals, so 50-60 grams doesn't seem that high.

I know a couple people on another board that were pushing 1,000 G of protein per day, so your 60/meal doesn't that all that high anymore.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water and also eating your good carbs and fats and you will be fine.

Most doctors and nutritionists don't know jack shit about BBing or a BBing diet.

good post mang

Easto said:

agreed. Great post

i always figured i'm getting enough when i'm farting like crazy...lol

It all depends on the individual, but everybody has their limit.

The docs are right that on average, the adult human body can only process about 28g of protein about every 3 hours.

But if you're a bigger guy with a higher metabolism and greater nutritional requirments because of your training, you're going to be able to handle a bit more. (I don't think that's going to be 1000g though!)

Try to get some advice from someone with knowledge and experience in sports medicine. No doubt there are relevant studies of athletes, as opposed to couch potatoes, which will give you more useful information about how much you can eat.

when i eat i try to take in at least 60grams...my shakes have 60 grams too... and im not doctor either but i've always felt if i have to shit like 3 or 4 times a day, then im taking to much in...

evansss said:
when i eat i try to take in at least 60grams...my shakes have 60 grams too... and im not doctor either but i've always felt if i have to shit like 3 or 4 times a day, then im taking to much in...

How much you shit is probably going to have as much to do with how much total food you are eating as opposed to just grams of protein.

Your body takes time to adjust as well, rapidly increasing your protein intake will only give you digestion problems, the increase has to be gradual and it needs to correspond with increased intensity in the gym.

LiftTillIDie said:
How much you shit is probably going to have as much to do with how much total food you are eating as opposed to just grams of protein.

maybe, but if my food content stays the same and i drink more shakes then i shit more...thats why i equate protein to shitting...and also protein farts....it adds to the argument.

It's gotta be around 40-50 grams for me, any lower and I feel soft...with 40 I'm rock hard but at 50grams I know I'm at my limit as no mater how much water I drink my face feels dry as fuck, still I guess it means I'm injesting it as I wouldn't get the sides.

my buddy has told me for the past week that i am waisting my time eating all these eggs ect during the day because my body can only consume 25 grams of protein at one time. If this was the case to get my amount of protein in a day i would have to eat about 10 times a day.

doctors are cocky.. most dont know shit about BB'ing

except the ones that get direct sources and fondle hot milfs.

How much can you eat at one sitting without throwing up?

That's how much protein the body can handle.

the average person might only be able to take in 28 grams at a time, "person", but what is the average wieght of a "person" (meaning femal and male). plus , if you are on anabolics, you have increased motablism and require more nutrients anyways.

Back