Medications,AAS and working out

Bullseye Forever

Prince of Darkness
since this forum is for this type of discussion,i thought i would start this thread about meds people are on while on AAS and see how it effects your mood,training,appetite etc...im not asking for all to tell what meds you are on,like the name,but if you are taking antidepressants,anxiety meds etc and how they affect evry aspect of your life while on AAS

Ive been on anti depressants for a long,long time and they do affect my appetite from time to time,and as my body has got used to them,i seem to do better,they dont usually affect my workouts any,the only meds that do affect anything is the anxiety meds,all the benzo's esp,because they all kill your test levels if you use them alot,i try and o nly take mine when i need them to.

My doctor put me on a new medication yesterday for bipolar/anxiety disorder,and was supposed to start out at 50mg/everyday and work my way up to 150mg ed,she only sent me home with 150mg samples,you cant cut them up,so me,being stupid as hell,took a 150mg tablet,what a mistake,i went to bed at 9 pm like i always do,and i slept until 1:30pm today:eek: and when i finally got up,i have felt like a zombie all day.

No energy,lethargic,tired sleepy etc,so i didnt go to the gym today,i just couldnt,i called the doctor and got everything straighten out on the mg to take,gonna go and get the right samples tomorrow,i hate the way this stuff makes me feel,but if i start where im supposed to,i will make it fine over time

I think alot of people tat havet to take these types of meds react differently with the addition of AAS,sometimes i get mad a little easier than normal,but i dont know if its the aas or the meds,science hadnt proved yet that AAS does this,from what ive read

The big negative side effects that meds cause me is appetite supression,i try and eat the best i can all the time weather im on cycle or crusing on my trt,it just affects my body in that way.

Ive been wanting to hire 3J for months and months and have talked to him several times to get me set up to start,but until i can get my appetite fixed,i dont want to waste his time and my money to get the right diet for me,and that aggravates me so much,i want help with diet but the meds just mess it up in some ways

Anyone else have any comments about this subject? I would like to hear from yall and see if im the only one that does,thanks

hey Bullseye...thanks for sharing. With prescription drugs, there is a perfect balance between the dose and the ability to maintain a certain quality of life. When prescriptions are taken at the inappropriate dosages, it is normal to experience the negative effects as you have. Do your best to maintain your fitness habits while the correct dose is achieved...but also understand that incorrect doses will greatly affect your motivation, mood, energy, libido, etc.

I personally have been fortunate enough to never had to have taken prescription drugs. There were times where I probably should have, but I didn't want to take the chance. I am a firm believer in attacking personal problems naturally if at all possible. There were times where I was deeply depressed for a couple years at a time. It placed incredible stress on my relationships and of course my fitness habits. I realized it was a problem and did everything I could to get out of it on my own.

With prescriptions, there are always sides, which you then have to battle with. It's a solution that comes with more problems. If I were you, I would make a list of the reasons why you take the medications, including specific triggers for your problems. Continue to take the medicine as prescribed, but begin attempting to address these problems on your own. The effects of medication only last as long as you are on the medication, but if you learn how to defeat the problems on your own, this will never leave you.

I would go ahead and contact 3j and get a diet. Explain to him your situation...he is a very understanding person. Do as much of the diet as you can, day by day. This is better than nothing. As you become more accustomed to the diet and your meds, you will be able to adhere to the diet better. There is always an adjustment phase with any diet, with meds or not. Keep your head up, stay motivated and start getting better. Good luck.

brother thanks for posting in this thread,i didnt think anyone was gonna post

Well actually im in the process of seeing a new shrink and getting my medications slimmed down,and all of what you said is really scary lol,my new doctor told me to write the reasons im taking each medication and explain is it working or not,etc...just like you posted

Im trying to get off all of them to be honest,but with my history,i know i will have to be on something,but hopefully with my doctors help,we can narrow it down to minimum meds,and learn to handle problems naturally like you stated

Im like alot of other people i guess,ive just relied on the antidepressants for so long,they are just a part of me,but im gonna change that for sure

again thanks for your post my friend i appreciate it

I am glad you are getting a new psychiatrist! The one you have now is an idiot. Only a rookie or really cocky MD will send a patient home the way she did. Thankfully I have never had a need for a psychiatric med but I have dated plenty of women who did! The stories I could tell... Anyways, due to the toxicity of a lot of these meds, I certainly hope some bloodwork was done prior to prescribing any meds to establish a baseline and then periodically thereafter. I would certainly be interested in how your liver is affected by any gear and medication run at the same time.

You mentioned bi-polar so I am going to assume that is your DX or part of your DX. You probably know by now that Lithium is the old standby for bi-polar. Most people don't know that Lithium actually looses it's effectiveness each time the patient stops taking it - most bi-polar patients tend to stop taking medication when they "feel better" thinking they don't need it again. There have been substantial breakthroughs in bi-polar treatment over the last 10 years with medications that are as effective or almost as effective as Lithium.

That "zombie" feeling is fairly common in patients who do not have a good psychiatrist. For some reason psychiatrists seem to think that their patients feeling like zombies is an okay thing. I hope your new one understands that you need to feel somewhat "normal" - if one can really define that - and need to be able to function.

Here is a story that might give you some hope when it comes to your appetite: I used to date this beautiful Latina who was bi-polar. When she took her meds she was the most amazing woman. When she didn't take her meds, well, lets just say that's the reason we aren't together anymore. Anyways, her meds made her a midnight eater. I can't count the number of times I woke up with a HUGE bowl of cereal and the whole gallon of milk in bed with us or a whole lasagna gone or... the list could go on! If you get to this point, just keep some healthy foods next to your bed!

this section really should be put up near the top where more people could see it! it really doesnt get any attention that it should

bullseye.. i know we talked by email but keep in mind that the food you eat can also help you with your issues... having a more healthier well balanced diet can really help energy levels and mood..

iv already told you my situation.. i have to say when i start eating shitty it all gets worse.. keep that in mind

and take your time my man.. im not going anywhere.. get yourself together and hit me up

I am glad you are getting a new psychiatrist! The one you have now is an idiot. Only a rookie or really cocky MD will send a patient home the way she did. Thankfully I have never had a need for a psychiatric med but I have dated plenty of women who did! The stories I could tell... Anyways, due to the toxicity of a lot of these meds, I certainly hope some bloodwork was done prior to prescribing any meds to establish a baseline and then periodically thereafter. I would certainly be interested in how your liver is affected by any gear and medication run at the same time.

You mentioned bi-polar so I am going to assume that is your DX or part of your DX. You probably know by now that Lithium is the old standby for bi-polar. Most people don't know that Lithium actually looses it's effectiveness each time the patient stops taking it - most bi-polar patients tend to stop taking medication when they "feel better" thinking they don't need it again. There have been substantial breakthroughs in bi-polar treatment over the last 10 years with medications that are as effective or almost as effective as Lithium.

That "zombie" feeling is fairly common in patients who do not have a good psychiatrist. For some reason psychiatrists seem to think that their patients feeling like zombies is an okay thing. I hope your new one understands that you need to feel somewhat "normal" - if one can really define that - and need to be able to function.

Here is a story that might give you some hope when it comes to your appetite: I used to date this beautiful Latina who was bi-polar. When she took her meds she was the most amazing woman. When she didn't take her meds, well, lets just say that's the reason we aren't together anymore. Anyways, her meds made her a midnight eater. I can't count the number of times I woke up with a HUGE bowl of cereal and the whole gallon of milk in bed with us or a whole lasagna gone or... the list could go on! If you get to this point, just keep some healthy foods next to your bed!
man thanks for your post,very informative!!!....yea my new shrink done blood test this week actually and i got my results back already,liver test were fine,hemacrit,hemoglobin,rbc,wbc etc all were good to go,my over cholesterol was great,LDL was good but my HDL was low,im on cycle right now with test/deca,i increased my fish oil to 10g/day and increased my niacin and switched over to crestor instead of zocor,i pretty much figure its the deca and beta blockers im on thats decreasing my HDL,so hopefully these changes will help that,my blood pressure was good as well
this section really should be put up near the top where more people could see it! it really doesnt get any attention that it should
i agree Travis
bullseye.. i know we talked by email but keep in mind that the food you eat can also help you with your issues... having a more healthier well balanced diet can really help energy levels and mood..

iv already told you my situation.. i have to say when i start eating shitty it all gets worse.. keep that in mind

and take your time my man.. im not going anywhere.. get yourself together and hit me up

thanks 3J will do brother,im on the right track now,hopefully it wont be long

Bullseye, if I told you what and just how much medication I was on your jaw would drop. Bipolar disorder/anxiety disorder/ticks & twitches/mild OCD and ADHD to top it all off. None of this was recreational drug induced or related to my environment or upbringing - I'm just genetically gifted! What I can tell you though is I've had dramas with my appetite for a long time and 3J helped me out. I've been his client since November last year and obviously I've had my ups and downs. He understood and tweaked my diet accordingly. When I couldn't physically eat my calories, he gave me the recipe for a shake (different for both high and low carb days). He'll sort you out. I'm doing my first bb comp in 7 weeks :)

whats your 2cense on adderall AAS, And tranning? Ive been on an off for the last 8 years since highschool cant function without way to dependent but I need it can foucus without it.... And since ive been cycling last 3 years on an off ive noticed a better surge of focus on it with the addition of adderall?

Back