Melanotan-II - Anyone used this?

MagicallyMinded

Amateur Bodybuilder
I haven't been on here for months and i've missed everyone very much, is there any chance i could get some feedback on this as i was thinking of getting some if its as good as its made out to be.

Thanx Guys

Melanotan II is an analog of the peptide α-MSH hormone and they both cause a tanning/darkening effect in the skin. They were inadvertently developed at the University of Arizona during research into skin cancer.

Although Melanotan-I and Melanotan-II are similar in name they possess different biological properties, and Melanotan II causes an increase in libido not found in the first version.

Background

Currently both forms of Melanotan are being tested and developed under the name CUV1647 by the Australian company Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals.

Action

Melanotan works by stimulating the body's naturally occurring alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (α-MSH), causing Melanogenesis, a process where melanocytes (tanning cells in the skin) produce melanin (pigment). Administering this hormone to the body directly is an effective and safe alternative to tanning by UV exposure without any previously documented toxic effects.

Technical Data

Melanotan research has been ongoing at the University of Arizona since the mid 1980's and is currently being headed by Dr. Victor Hruby. Numerous trials and testing have proved Melanotan to be safe and 1,000 times more potent than natural a-MSH. Melanotan is expected to be used in the future as a drug to combat the major health epidemic of melanoma (skin cancer) (1). Scientists found it to be effective by stimulating subjects' natural tanning mechanism and to create a tan without first needing exposure to harmful levels of UV radiation (2). This will eventually (potentially) allow people to obtain a tan and reduce skin damage that can potentially cause cancer of the skin(3). Additionally, Melanotan II was found to cause increased libido and sexual function (4).

User Notes

I’ve actually used Melanotan-II, and can say that it works as well as it’s supposed to. I was basically the first person in the performance enhancement community to have the opportunity to use this stuff, before it was released as a “research chemical”. The vials I received were just unlabeled powder, which needed to be reconstituted before injection, and were totally unlabeled.

I injected 1ml of the stuff, and went about my normal business for the day, and about an hour after I shot it, thought I had given myself razor burn when I shaved my face. I felt a bit hot, and was slightly red. Of course, it was a “sunburn” feeling, which I hadn’t figured out until I started getting tan later that day.

Melanotan II gives you a nice even tan, and lasts as long as a “normal” tan, based on how dark you get. I used 1 mL the first day, and then 0.5 mL every day for the rest of the week and the following week. That basically made me as tan as I would be in the summer (which was easily maintained with 1mL once a week).

The prosexual effects are also very pronounced, and you can definitely expect to experience more erections, on the level of a decently dosed cycle of testosterone.

Substance name Melanotan II; Melanotan-II; Melanotan 2; Melanotan-2; MT-II; MTII; MT-2; MT2
Chemical name (sequence) Ac-{NLE}{ASP}{HIS}{D-PHE}{ARG}{TRP}{LYS}-NH2
Systematic name (3S,6S,9R,12S,15S,23S)-15-[[(2S)-2-acetamidohexanoyl]amino]-9-benzyl-6-[3-(diaminomethylideneamino)propyl]-12-(3H-imidazol-4-ylmethyl)-3-(1H-indol-3-ylmethyl)-2,5,8,11,14,17-hexaoxo-1,4,7,10,13,18-hexazacyclotricosane-23-carboxamide
Index name L-Lysinamide, N-acetyl-L-norleucyl-L-alpha-aspartyl-L-histidyl-D-phenylalanyl-L-arginyl-L-tryptophyl-, cyclic (2-7)-peptide
CAS Number 121062-08-6
Merck Index Number N/A
Molecular formula C50-H69-N15-O9
Molecular weight 1024.19
Legal Status Still in research stage
Route of Administration Subcutaneous injection

Back