melting pin plastic while baking

brooklynheight

mPUA "el diablo"
umm the plastic is melting on my needle while baking
my first batch of tren....wtf?

i have a thermometer and it is set at 275...

Oh, just cuz the dial says 275 doesnt mean the oven is even close to 275. You need to get a oven thermometer. I saw an over that was off by 75 degrees.

DougoeFre5h said:
Oh, just cuz the dial says 275 doesnt mean the oven is even close to 275. You need to get a oven thermometer. I saw an over that was off by 75 degrees.

brooklynheight said:

brooklynheight said:
umm the plastic is melting on my needle while baking
my first batch of tren....wtf?

it dont hurt anything. it will still vent.

make sure the vial is close to the bottom of the oven. set it in a baking pan or cookie sheet on the bottom or next rack up.

they not suposed to melt til aropund 300f but shit happens.
:goof:

cut it

just get some needlenose pliers and cut the needle right below the plastic, the barrel will have sealed up from the pressure, but all you have to squeeze the end with the pliers and it will open back up again. you'll be good to go all the way up to BROIL; at least until the fscking stopper melts, that is. :D

macgyver_48 said:
just get some needlenose pliers and cut the needle right below the plastic, the barrel will have sealed up from the pressure, but all you have to squeeze the end with the pliers and it will open back up again. you'll be good to go all the way up to BROIL; at least until the fscking stopper melts, that is. :D

stoppers are supposed to be good to 300F as well.

yah, i've never seen a stopper melt, thank god. first time i saw the plastic on the syringe melt, i shit my pants tho. i had it plugged into a 50ml bottle of test, and all kept thinking was "please don't let that plastic melt down that tiny ass little needle into my test"

macgyver_48 said:
yah, i've never seen a stopper melt, thank god. first time i saw the plastic on the syringe melt, i shit my pants tho. i had it plugged into a 50ml bottle of test, and all kept thinking was "please don't let that plastic melt down that tiny ass little needle into my test"
it wont cause there is positive pressure on the pin.

pullinbig said:
it wont cause there is positive pressure on the pin.

just gotta take it out before it cools cause then there will be negative pressure inside.

FTC said:
just gotta take it out before it cools cause then there will be negative pressure inside.

not true. it wil harden before it gets into the vial. you know how small a 25g pin hole is? teeny weeny. =0)

trust me guys the plastic on the pin melting (which is rare if the stove is calibrated and the pin is not near the top of the oven) aint hurting anything.

been there done that too many times. its a non issue.

Back