Mifepriston/abort pill

GOHAN

What do you think about using mifepriston to block progesterone and avoid progestenic gyne??

Vit B6¨is a powefull antiandrogenic substance. I think nobody want's to use it during a cycle, besides even with lower prolactin it is possible gyne goes on.

GOHAN said:
Vit B6¨is a powefull antiandrogenic substance. I think nobody want's to use it during a cycle, besides even with lower prolactin it is possible gyne goes on.

HUH ???

We are talking about Vitamin B6, you know the OTC stuff ??

It's not anti-androgenic, and it helps lower prolactin. It's not anti-gyno, just anti-prolactin. There isn't anything that is anti-gyno.

I was just reading about RU 486 (Mifepriston), and I was wondering the same thing, myself.

Apparently, in a clinical trial, 3 men, and 4 women died while using the drug. But, I think in other studies, only one woman in 200,000 died. They can't even really link it to the drug, and they say similar ratios may occur naturally even in the absense of the drug.

This blocks progesterone, B6 only supresses prolactin, right?

What is the precisepathway in which B6 works? Is it a coenzyme precursor that bonds to the estrogen receptors? Or does it actually inhibit the prolactin by "suicide inhibition" where it binds to the prolactin thusly deactivating it?

majic said:
What is the precisepathway in which B6 works? Is it a coenzyme precursor that bonds to the estrogen receptors? Or does it actually inhibit the prolactin by "suicide inhibition" where it binds to the prolactin thusly deactivating it?

Mifepristone isn't the best choice because not all of the adverse effects are mediated through the prog receptor. Progestins also have affinity for the prolactin receptor too....that and the potential sides of mifepristone.

B6 works at the hypothalamal/pituitary level, thus lowering systemic prolactin (and increases GH release in some studies)

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread/t-1138.html

Damn glad you're here, einstein.

What is the precisepathway in which B6 works? Is it a coenzyme precursor that bonds to the estrogen receptors?

Vit B6 has no effect on estrogen or the estrogen receptors.

woops, little eratta there. I knew I was talking about prolactin, I just said estrogen, heh

Vit B6 decreases protein sintesis and have effects in the androgenic receptors.

Look at this,,, there is others studies that show the same:

"this provocative observation first suggested
a link between vitamin B6 and steroid hormone receptors.
Subsequent studies with the progesterone, estrogen, androgen,
and glucocorticoid receptors demonstrated that pyridoxal
phosphate influences not only the in vitro DNA binding
capacity (25-29), but also other common properties of steroid
hormone receptors, including molecular conformation or sub-
unit complexity (26, 27, 30) and subcellular localization (31-
35).

Vitamin Bs and Steroid Hormone Action

http://www.jbc.org/cgi/reprint/267/6/3819

I have to wait until later today to get to these old journals in the library, as they're not available online (in full text), but I want to see the concentraions of B6 that have an inhibitory effect.

I have to give you credit for finding this. I have no idea how you stumbled onto it or what made you look for this, but the fact that you found it is impressive.

GOHAN said:

Look at this,,, there is others studies that show the same:

"this provocative observation first suggested
a link between vitamin B6 and steroid hormone receptors.
Subsequent studies with the progesterone, estrogen, androgen,
and glucocorticoid receptors demonstrated that pyridoxal
phosphate influences not only the in vitro DNA binding
capacity (25-29), but also other common properties of steroid
hormone receptors, including molecular conformation or sub-
unit complexity (26, 27, 30) and subcellular localization (31-
35).

Vitamin Bs and Steroid Hormone Action

http://www.jbc.org/cgi/reprint/267/6/3819

You can read all the text in jbc, if you have acrobat reader. I think there is a lot of meterial in pubmed.

GOHAN said:
You can read all the text in jbc, if you have acrobat reader. I think there is a lot of meterial in pubmed.

Yeah, but the article you cited is a review. The actual data aren't included in the review....it merely references data from other papers, and those other papers are older and not online. I'll get them later today or tomorrow.

GOHAN said:

I don't know if this is accurate, but even if it does, so what? When you start getting gyno symptoms, are you not going to take something to help?

TxLonghorn said:
I don't know if this is accurate, but even if it does, so what? When you start getting gyno symptoms, are you not going to take something to help?

This is also true. We could also talk about the catabolic effects of bromo, our other alternative.

Yes,, that's why i questioned about some antiprogestenic drug,, I think mifepristone is the most known. There is alto cabergoline, but it's too expensive.

GOHAN said:
Yes,, that's why i questioned about some antiprogestenic drug,, I think mifepristone is the most known. There is alto cabergoline, but it's too expensive.
Cabergoline and all the other dopamine receptor agonists just deal with prolactin, but not directly progesterone or progestins.

Back