morning cardio empty stomach question

y4sm4ny

ive done a bunch of research and these are the conclusions i came up with

CONCLUSION 1
doing cardio on an empty stomach can be good because it increases the fat burning process due to depleted glycogen levels.

CONCLUSION 2
doing cardio on an empty stomach can be bad because it can eat up muscle tissue due to starvation ( depletion ) of over night sleeping...

ive read a lot of articles and some say do it straight empty and some say drinking a protein shake can help maintain muscles mass while still burning the fat just the same as being on an empty stomach...

im planning on doing cardio in the morning for 30 minutes low-medium intensity and my plan to keep the heart rate between 120-130.. theres going to be no hiit not high intensity sprints just simple jog to burn some fat off..

my question is.. should i take a protein shake before this and then jog or jog on a completely empty stomach? and why?

Personally, I'd prefer using a home fitness set like P90X. I like it because I can use it at my leisure. It's practically the only set I've seen produce real results. I know people who've actually lost a ton of weight while using the set. I can't say that so much regarding any other product on the market.

For those of you who are interested, I happen to know where you can buy p90x for a discount price of $65. squidoo.com/where-can-i-buy-p90x has them and read the guestbook for customer reviews.

A protein bar before would do the work I personally recommend a light breakfast wait an hour or two and then do cardio buts abviously not always possible depending on ur work schedule

I hope this helps

Well I'm not fat I'm 5'8 I weigh 178 pounds 23 years old and 12 bf I just want to get to the single digits lol Ill wake up at 8 jog for 30 mins outside ( I prefer natural cardio ). I work at 10 so I have time to eat breakfast before work.

try some l-arginine for maintaining muscle. bccas good to for muscle breakdown. but while leaning id go for a protein shake with l-arginine 20min or so before the cardio

Since Feb 2012 of this year I have done cardio 6 days a week in the AM (30 mins) or 250 calories which ever comes first.

I have lost close to 6 inches and a good 14 lbs of fat.

EMPTY stomach is the way to go IMO.

ive done a bunch of research and these are the conclusions i came up with

CONCLUSION 1
doing cardio on an empty stomach can be good because it increases the fat burning process due to depleted glycogen levels.

CONCLUSION 2
doing cardio on an empty stomach can be bad because it can eat up muscle tissue due to starvation ( depletion ) of over night sleeping...

ive read a lot of articles and some say do it straight empty and some say drinking a protein shake can help maintain muscles mass while still burning the fat just the same as being on an empty stomach...

im planning on doing cardio in the morning for 30 minutes low-medium intensity and my plan to keep the heart rate between 120-130.. theres going to be no hiit not high intensity sprints just simple jog to burn some fat off..

my question is.. should i take a protein shake before this and then jog or jog on a completely empty stomach? and why?

It does not matter imo. Doing less than an hour of cardio is not going to force your body to eat muscle and will not deplete glycogen storage. I would be more concerned with the after cardio nutrition.

If I don't take the protein shake before jogging then my post workout meal would be 6 egg whites 2 full eggs a cup of oatmeal and a protein shake. Otherwise just eggs and oatmeal.

Alright guys I've decided empty stomach thanks a lot to all of you for taking your time to respond I appreciate it. I'll post a pic Monday morning when I start and keep you guys updated. I'll post a pic up every Monday. Thanks a lot.

I can appreciate both sides. However as a bodybuilding it's too catabolic for my liking. At least have protein and bcaa prior to morning cardio on empty stomach

Cardio with empty stomach is good idea by this we can take effective control on daily calories level. By this cardio help to convert body fat into healthy and strong muscles. It help to increase body fitness and stamina. Specially bicycle, walk, swimming these are the best and famous cardio work out...

I do it am and love it. Energizes me in the morning(sounds weird but true) I def use a BCAA supp before I do it though. Make sure to have around ~4g leucine in it. Best BCAA around for protein synthesis. Also this should keep your body in a glycogen depleted state and hopefully cause the body to want to use yor stored fat as fuel instead of burning your muscles due to the aminos floating around in your body.

Been doing it for 2 weeks and I can kind of see my two bottom abs finally I gotta say morning cardio on an empty stomach is the MOST effective cardio I ever done and I only been doing for 20 minutes I'm bumping it up to 30 next week. I'll post a pic later on of results so far

Cardio with empty stomach is good idea by this we can take effective control on daily calories level. By this cardio help to convert body fat into healthy and strong muscles. It help to increase body fitness and stamina. Specially bicycle, walk, swimming these are the best and famous cardio work out...

Did you really say that Cardio converts fat into muscle?

Fat will NEVER turn into Muscle..

lol @ turning fat into muscle. thats like saying you can turn coal into gold. fats cells are fat cells and muscle cells are muscle cells.

I wish I turned fat cells into muscle. All I have ever been able to do is shrink them, and those fuckers are always waiting to just nab an extra calories and hold them in there, also water too. best advice I can give to anyone, don't get fat in the first place ;)

I can appreciate both sides. However as a bodybuilding it's too catabolic for my liking. At least have protein and bcaa prior to morning cardio on empty stomach

x2. It really comes down to goals what you feel is important for your look.

I have a lot of people who ask me how to do this and how to do that, and a strong majority is how do I lose fat... quickly...

Although we all know that the best way is slow and steady, the reality of the matter is if you don't care about maintaining muscle mass and just want to shred the fat, IMHO, cardio on an empty stomach, especially soon as you wake up (glycogen is depleted and goes to adipose) is the best bet.

For people like myself who are concerned with maintaining as much muscle as possible it is imperative to make sure you have at least something in your stomach, or at the very least a proper post workout meal.

If I do cardio on an empty stomach which is very rare I make sure to sip on BCAAs intra and have a whey shake with water and some sort of simple sugars after.

I agree with tman. I do 30min four times a week on empty stomach in the morning I also cut carbs at six or seven at night prior to going to sleep. I don't have a problem gaining mass and keeping bf in check.

Back