muay thai, the best heavy weights..

Poor Sakuraba, Silva destroyed the poor guy. I'll never forget that kick to his shin that liquefied it to a pulp. I agree with you guys, the old Pride was the shit, but we do need to recognize that there were some moves made illegal for good reason. Elbows to the back of the head comes to mind.

My favorite fighter of all time was Igor Vovchanchyn. Dude had fists like cinder blocks and every time a grappler went in for a take down, they were met with a knee to the head.

Saddens me knowing the money difference between REAL fighting, and the crap they call boxing.

yeah, when Saku lost it was almost aways horribly ugly man

i never hated to se someone lose as bad as i did with Sakuraba, the bigger the heart the braver the warrior - the graver the beating and more heart breaking to see him beaten

if we are talking about rule changes for " safety " and not for ''protecting the ju jitsu guys!"

fucking heel hooks need to be looked at very very closely. that shit is career ending - walking with a cane for th rest of your life - fucking recklessly endangering fighters - DANGEROUS

so many bullshit injuries from heel hooks in the amateurs , it disgust me

12-6 elbows being outlawed is bullshit in my opinion. if you're going to outlaw something - it should have been strikes to the back of the head/neck..

everything they've done for the " safety" of the fighters has been underhanded moves to protect grapplers from high level strikers

under pride rules, id have been competitive at mma well past my late 30's with the skill sets i already had.

ufc rules? it became a love fest

I've never heard anyone complain

" the fights tonight were great - but there wasn't enough grappling - the guys just spent too much time exchanging on their feet!"

under ufc rules - you get two well matched grapplers, evenly matched, both healthy and evenly prepped and ready to brawl..

and its nearly a stale mate situation everytime they hit the ground.

its fucking BORING

here is a perfect example..

*** silva vs diaz ***

oh the excitement !!!!!

it was a fucking huge disappointment - where was the war for the ages that everyone anticipated?

ufc protects its fucking golden boys, and trashes everyone that they feed to the 'stars' that puts asses in seats

if a guy can win fights being conservative and defensive - tying up the action on the ground to be safe, and engaging in exchanges with stand up JUST ENOUGH to look active...

it is a steaming pile of watery horse shit

i have seen really talented strikers lose time and time again - because the ground guys could " control the action" and " dictate the fight"

translation? the grappler could prevent there even being a fucking fight!

the burden is placed consistently on the striker to make the fight ,

the god damn wrestlers can win by hugging and clinching and getting take downs..

and again - with ufc rules there is no punshimnt, no penalty, for a fucking lame take down attempt.. just nothing!!!

they can sit down in the middle of the ring if they don't want to fight!!!

under pride rules? in a bar fight?

losing your feet could mean losing your god damn teeth

ufc is the ANTI mma organization

bring back pride with modified rules..

ready?

-no striking to the back of the head/ neck
- no kicks to the spine/ groin

- no headbutts (ON THE GROUND)
- small joint manipulations are legal (FLAGRANT FINGER BREAKING ARE A DQ)

- break the fighters and stand them up if there is no action past 45 seconds on the ground
- points taken / DQs for fighters who refuse to engage ( this is a rule in thaiboxing )
- eight counts for fighters who are knocked down ( no more diving onto downed fighters with fucking hammers fist attacks or soccer kicks to the head , lets bring back some of the EXCITEMENT to these fights where you saw guys taking knockdowns , eight counts, then recovering and rallying - the lack of ever seeing a rally past being knocked down or taking an eight count has been a huge disappointment - and we have seen far too many questionable early stoppages where an eight count would have protected our fighters and ensured the fight wasn't won by a shitty referee)

Last edited:

i never hated to se someone lose as bad as i did with Sakuraba, the bigger the heart the braver the warrior - the graver the beating and more heart breaking to see him beaten

if we are talking about rule changes for " safety " and not for ''protecting the ju jitsu guys!"

fucking heel hooks need to be looked at very very closely. that shit is career ending - walking with a cane for th rest of your life - fucking recklessly endangering fighters - DANGEROUS

12-6 elbows being outlawed is bullshit in my opinion. if you're going to outlaw something - it should have been strikes to the back of the head/neck..

everything they've done for the " safety" of the fighters has been underhanded moves to protect grapplers from high level strikers

under pride rules, id have been competitive at mma well past my late 30's with the skill sets i already had.

" the fights tonight were great - but there wasn't enough grappling - the guys just spent too much time exchanging on their feet!"

under ufc rules - you get two well matched grapplers, evenly matched, both healthy and evenly prepped and ready to brawl..

its fucking BORING

*** silva vs diaz ***

oh the excitement !!!!!

it was a fucking huge disappointment - where was the war for the ages that everyone anticipated?

ufc protects its fucking golden boys, and trashes everyone that they feed to the 'stars' that puts asses in seats

if a guy can win fights being conservative and defensive - tying up the action on the ground to be safe, and engaging in exchanges with stand up JUST ENOUGH to look active...

i have seen really talented strikers lose time and time again - because the ground guys could " control the action" and " dictate the fight"

the god damn wrestlers can win by hugging and clinching and getting take downs..

and again - with ufc rules there is no punshimnt, no penalty, for a fucking lame take down attempt.. just nothing!!!

ready?

- break the fighters and stand them up if there is no action past 45 seconds on the ground
- points taken / DQs for fighters who refuse to engage ( this is a rule in thaiboxing )
- eight counts for fighters who are knocked down ( no more diving onto downed fighters with fucking hammers fist attacks or soccer kicks to the head , lets bring back some of the EXCITEMENT to these fights where you saw guys taking knockdowns , eight counts, then recovering and rallying - the lack of ever seeing a rally past being knocked down or taking an eight count has been a huge disappointment - and we have seen far too many questionable early stoppages where an eight count would have protected our fighters and ensured the fight wasn't won by a shitty referee)

Well put, couldnt agree more. One thing Id like to add is.....they need to get rid of the cage and throw up the ropes. How many rounds have you watch where the majority of it is spent hugging and leaning on one another, with maybe the odd knee to the thigh, up against the cage? Far too many. A ring eliminates any of that nonsense.

its fucking BORING

*** silva vs diaz ***

oh the excitement !!!!!

ready?

You won't get an argument from me on this. I've heard on multiple occasions that the Gracies had a lot to do with the ruleset and shaping of the game. It wasn't always terrible though, I remember bare-knuckled and guys like Tank Abbott swinging haymakers - hoping for a connect. ;)

I agree cage has to go. Forget about the fighting itself but just from the spectator issue. I have been to a few UFC events and the cage ruins the view even from ringside. You wind up looking at the TV monitor the whole damn time.

Some of the BS rules were all concessions that the UFC made to get it sanction in the U.S. and other wimpy states. Knees in side control must come back. Even as a grappler I agree with that. Keeps people from stalling. Also heals to the kidney in full guard. That keeps the wrestlers from just smothering someone ontop.

I agree cage has to go. Forget about the fighting itself but just from the spectator issue. I have been to a few UFC events and the cage ruins the view even from ringside. You wind up looking at the TV monitor the whole damn time.

Some of the BS rules were all concessions that the UFC made to get it sanction in the U.S. and other wimpy states. Knees in side control must come back. Even as a grappler I agree with that. Keeps people from stalling. Also heals to the kidney in full guard. That keeps the wrestlers from just smothering someone ontop.

i can walk through a lot of guys with just knees from side control, knees from north south, head to head

these shitty take down attempts have no repercussions under the current rules

this changes the game dramatically, makes things so un-natural

when a grappler can't risk clinching with a thai boxer, and has to stay outside - he is target practice for the striker from outside

all he has - is to try to stay safe in that outside range - and shoot in for take downs

the further out he has to shoot from - the greater disadvantage he faces

BUT

when they can shoot over and over again without fear of being caught in poor position once the initial clash from the takedown attempt has settled..

it becomes a bad joke - they can fish flop onto the god damn mat and be safe from any punishment

well trained strikers can render so many guys with poor takedowns into clowns , absolutely fucking outclass them ( and easily) with the ability to throw knees on the ground..

guys like pele in vale tudo DOMINATED the Jits guys with exactly this kind of mechanism..

you know the whole " actually fighting while on the ground" thing that used to happen in MMA

a somewhat absurd parallel here .. just imagine this though

imagine the frustration for a grappler

- if all the striker had to do was lay one palm down flat on the mat - and the ref would stand us back up

the grappler would have no chance to work things he is dominant at, it would break his rhythm even in that small time and space that he would have time to work at imposing his strengths

it is THAT unnatural and THAT awkward for a striker to have to hold back because of a god damned knee being down - or not

i fucking hate ufc, the organization, the front office, the rules, and even the ufc fighters who are suck ups and whore themselves out to an organization like the ufc because they lack fuckjing character

look up wanderlei silvas farewell address

- if that doesn't make things crystal clear about what kind of soulless corporation ufc has mutated into - then nothing will

i can walk through a lot of guys with just knees from side control, knees from north south, head to head

these shitty take down attempts have no repercussions under the current rules

this changes the game dramatically, makes things so un-natural

when a grappler can't risk clinching with a thai boxer, and has to stay outside - he is target practice for the striker from outside

all he has - is to try to stay safe in that outside range - and shoot in for take downs

the further out he has to shoot from - the greater disadvantage he faces

BUT

when they can shoot over and over again without fear of being caught in poor position once the initial clash from the takedown attempt has settled..

it becomes a bad joke - they can fish flop onto the god damn mat and be safe from any punishment

well trained strikers can render so many guys with poor takedowns into clowns , absolutely fucking outclass them ( and easily) with the ability to throw knees on the ground..

guys like pele in vale tudo DOMINATED the Jits guys with exactly this kind of mechanism..

you know the whole " actually fighting while on the ground" thing that used to happen in MMA

a somewhat absurd parallel here .. just imagine this though

imagine the frustration for a grappler

- if all the striker had to do was lay one palm down flat on the mat - and the ref would stand us back up

the grappler would have no chance to work things he is dominant at, it would break his rhythm even in that small time and space that he would have time to work at imposing his strengths

it is THAT unnatural and THAT awkward for a striker to have to hold back because of a god damned knee being down - or not

i fucking hate ufc, the organization, the front office, the rules, and even the ufc fighters who are suck ups and whore themselves out to an organization like the ufc because they lack fuckjing character

look up wanderlei silvas farewell address

- if that doesn't make things crystal clear about what kind of soulless corporation ufc has mutated into - then nothing will

Thats a good video. He did another one touching on the Jon Jones issue that went down a while back with his positive testing. He shed some light in that video as well of the the corruption and lack of, basically anything smart happening in the UFC. Its sad how the people that are actually making that busniess money (the fighters) are so pooly treated, disrespected, and taken advantage of. Sickening.

Thats a good video. He did another one touching on the Jon Jones issue that went down a while back with his positive testing. He shed some light in that video as well of the the corruption and lack of, basically anything smart happening in the UFC. Its sad how the people that are actually making that busniess money (the fighters) are so pooly treated, disrespected, and taken advantage of. Sickening.

dna whyte is a fucking whore monger

making his loot off naive kids chasing their dreams - who get locked into a sport as disillusioned adults due to the amount of time and energy they have extended into pursuing a goal

he is the white don king. this sport will be much better off when he takes the dirt nap and passes on

the glory promotion is carrying the torch for world class international muay thai - there are several mma promotions who are up and coming - but ufc has so much money and power , they keep gobbling up all their possible competition just buying up promotion companies and assimilating them

fucking disgusted with dna whyte and the ufc with predatory biz model

pimping out some of the hardest working athletes that have ever lived, using them as expandable commodities and discarding them when they aren't useful any longer.

morally reprehensible, souless fucking machine

Man you know who was another devastating puncher and all around devastating, lethal fighter, was Fedor. Fucking scary good that guy was.

He was, if the not the only fighter with, a complete package that was never less than 100% on point.

Altough not my favorite fighter (Wanderlei is) but I believe Fedor was the best MMA fighter ever, of all time, hands down.

Last edited:
fedor..

the russian bear

love fedor, watching him walk through people

freak of nature

check out the mma thread

some good scrappers posted..

fedor highlights coming soon on that thread.....

Back