My cut while on TRT dose of Cyp

AverageMan

My cut while on TRT dose of Cyp
I’m sick seeing people post up photos of their current progress with zero information on how they got there. My goal is solicit feedback on what can be improved as well as possibly help others.

Stats:

TT: 1150. I’m lucky that my doc keeps my TT high.

Current cut weight: 155 lbs (starting weight upper 160s)

Current total caloric intake: 2300-2400. Have been at this intake for 3 months and steadily dropping weight all along. I’ve started to level out lately.
Pants went from a 32” to 29”. I have a HELL of a time finding 29” waist pants.

Macros: high protein (150-200 grams), mid fat (50grams), moderate carbs (150g)
Diet: carb cycling but keeping carbs in check on workout days. I modified 3J’s plan to fit my lifestyle / goals. ~150g of carbs during the week and low / no carbs on weekends (I lift Mon-Fri). Diet was VERY clean. Carbs were from good sources – yams, unsweetened oatmeal. Occasional popcorn. ZERO simple sugars.

Mon-Friday
Cardio – 3 miles of a run / jog. Sometimes a fast walk (LISS).
Lifting – focused on hypertrophy with a mix.
Set 1 – warmup – 15-20 reps of light weight
Set 2 – heavier – 8-12 rep max
Set 3 – drop set – 15-20 rep max
Set 4 – drop set again – 15-20 rep max
Shit loads of abs – situps, leg lifts, side bends etc.

I followed 3J’s workout routine as I ran a carb cycle with him in the later summer / fall last year. This taught me how to diet properly / watch macros
No lifting on weekends and often times do zero cardio.

Pros – at 40 my body fat is lower than in my 20s. I look great – well if you are going for the underwear model look.

Cons – at this caloric intake I did lose some strength – maybe 5-10%. I get fatigued quickly and don’t have the muster I used to. At times I get crazy hungry and want to stuff my face with McD! I allow myself a cheat meal (not day, but meal) once every 1-2 weeks. I stuffed my face with an entire plate of cookies last week as my cheap meal ***61514;

I felt like a 9 year old kid – stomach ache and all ***61514;
Supplements: Gold Standard preworkout, BCAA before working out, 2 scoops Gold Standard whey post workout. And the standard TRT sups – NAC, Liv.52, etc.

I know my caloric intake is a bit too low but the stubborn lower belly fat just did NOT want to come off and this was the only way..
Also I like doing cardio for the health benefits and keeping my stamina up.

What would you do different?

Thanks for commenting

View attachment 564454

View attachment 564455

Wow! That's quite a drop from your AV. Did you wax your chest too? ;)
Solid work but can't really evaluate without some pre-cut pics.

Back