My Dads Bloodwork on 250mg Test E

MGunz

Hope everyone is well, it's been some years since Iv been on the forums but I see many of the same guys are still around!!! After a long stretch of work and move overseas I am back and hitting the weights hard..I'll make a thread of my own later but want to get some opinions for my Dad.

I'll start with his background. He is 55 and has been an avid athlete all his life. He was a natural bodybuilder in his 20's and 30's and transitioned to an endurance athlete in his 40's and 50's. He still competes in long distance triathlons and endurance type training 20+ hours every week. He had never used any anabolics before but was always curious in my use. Over the last few years he has felt a drop off in his total strength and energy levels and TRT was an idea we had discussed.

Wanting to preserve his muscle and help increase general energy levels we decided to try him on 250mg per week. Yes, I know for TRT this is a rather high dose however I feel this is best, at least to begin with because it will allow him to get back a solid 10lbs of muscle which he has lost over the last few years and also pad his joints which have taken a beating from running. He is 12 weeks into the treatments and he feels amazing. After getting his bloods back I am recommending he reduce to 175mg every week as his T levels are much higher than I thought they would be and also his e2 is higher than I expected and I don't want him to have estro related effects in the long run. He had blood work done before the cycle and his LDL and HDL are virtually unchanged so that is not of concern for us, however his hemocrit increased from 44 to 50.6. I have family history of stroke and I am a little concerned with that number. I am no expert by any means so getting some opinions on here will be helpful. Maybe someone will see something I overlooked or have any good suggestions for keeping my Dad happy and healthy.

Last edited:
He can donate blood for the hematocrit. Better hurry tho cause they won't allow it if it gets too high. If they turn him away he will have to go thru his Dr.
Is he taking an AI for his estrogen? Perhaps if he drops the test dose his e2 will drop but if it's high already then he better use an AI for the time being.

He can donate blood for the hematocrit. Better hurry tho cause they won't allow it if it gets too high. If they turn him away he will have to go thru his Dr.
Is he taking an AI for his estrogen? Perhaps if he drops the test dose his e2 will drop but if it's high already then he better use an AI for the time being.

I am skeptical about starting him on an AI as he is very leary about adding additional drugs. He hasn't experienced any e2 related sides, but again it has only been 12 weeks. He has nolvadex on hand just in case, but I think we will try lowering the dose first and see if we can bring it down without adding a SERM or AI.
Also good idea about donating blood. that was something we discussed.

4500 ng/dl on 250 mg?

Yes..I was also confused at this as I have ran the same test at 1g per week and been at similar levels. Can it have something do to with his receptors..I am unsure??
His bloods were drawn 3 days after his once weekly shot.

edit: also is HG gear I should add so no questions on dosages. He is actually taking 1cc every 8 days.. I just said 250/week for ease.

Last edited:
4500?....not a chance. Something's wrong. Either messed up the dose, or error in the readings.

Yeah I was thinking that could have been a possibility. I've seen dozens of bloodwork and had dozens on myself and never seen a level that high in TRT range doses.. He said when the nurse drew his blood she was having trouble getting it into the tube and thought her tube was broken.
Either way the rest of the numbers do make sense. We are still going to adjust to 175mg per week e8d and re-assess new bloodwork in 12 weeks. Still confused at that number.
I would really like to see his HCT and LDL come down a bit though.

I'm like your dad maybe. Because I got sust flu on 250 mg. I think my levels are too high and it causes test flu. My blood work says it is >1500 ng/dl but we don't know actual numbers. Maybe 3000 ng/dl on 250 mg :D

Is this UGL testosterone or pharmaceutical. The UGL may be overdosed. Has he been injecting himself? Perhaps he took a little extra.

Some people get really high readings on even low doses, so it's possible, but he definitely needs to bring that e2 down. This will increase his chance of stroke and clots + hematocrit, it's a recipe for a cardiovascular accident. If he's an endurance athlete, he probably has a strong cardiovascular system and heart so he can get away with it more than others, but you should look into fixing that.

Back