My dog just got killed by a snake :(

Rastas

I got home this afternoon and found my little girl dead in the garden. She ripped the cunt of a snake in half too so at least the bastard didn't get away with it. That's the worst part about living in the sticks during the warmer months in Australia. Your backyard is literally thriving with venomous snakes. This one was an Eastern Brown Snake. I've buried her under the lemon tree. I don't know what to do now. I want to go out and get a pup to replace her but she was such a character I don't think I could ever find another dog that would. How have you dealt with the loss of a pet? What did you do?

I got home this afternoon and found my little girl dead in the garden. She ripped the cunt of a snake in half too so at least the bastard didn't get away with it. That's the worst part about living in the sticks during the warmer months in Australia. Your backyard is literally thriving with venomous snakes. This one was an Eastern Brown Snake. I've buried her under the lemon tree. I don't know what to do now. I want to go out and get a pup to replace her but she was such a character I don't think I could ever find another dog that would. How have you dealt with the loss of a pet? What did you do?

I hate that for you brother. I recommend going on a massive snake killing spree. I lost my beloved dog to a coyote a few months ago. I would rather be mad, than sad, so I set about destroying all four-legged predators in the region. It is winter in the northern hemi, so the cold has made my pressure baiting so effective that I am killing a few coyotes every week. Hell, I am doing it now. I have transparent red gift wrapping paper over my laptop right now, sitting in front of an open window, with a crossbow for the stupid bastards that come close enough to my house, and my .338 for the more cautious feeders. Of course, I will caution most against drinking and hunting out of your window at night. People might get the wrong idea. But this is Alabama, and drunken weapons use is the norm, so here's to the rustling in the bushes...

I hate that for you brother. I recommend going on a massive snake killing spree. I lost my beloved dog to a coyote a few months ago. I would rather be mad, than sad, so I set about destroying all four-legged predators in the region. It is winter in the northern hemi, so the cold has made my pressure baiting so effective that I am killing a few coyotes every week. Hell, I am doing it now. I have transparent red gift wrapping paper over my laptop right now, sitting in front of an open window, with a crossbow for the stupid bastards that come close enough to my house, and my .338 for the more cautious feeders. Of course, I will caution most against drinking and hunting out of your window at night. People might get the wrong idea. But this is Alabama, and drunken weapons use is the norm, so here's to the rustling in the bushes...

These fuckers are quick though and they're the second most poisonous snake on the planet. It takes no time to die from a bite. I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time where I live. I've dealt with the browns, copperheads and tiger snakes mostly. I usually just whip out the trusty shovel and it's off with their heads. I'm spewing I wasn't home at the time because she probably would've been by my side and this wouldn't have happened. I've even set up the anti-snake pulsing things around the place but they've failed me this time. Her brother came running over to me covered in blood as soon as I got home so I knew something was wrong. Obviously protecting his little sister. She just came off second best. I'm fucking gutted. Our gun laws are extremely tight over here. But hypothetically, I may know where a Remington 870 is. And hypothetically, it may be in my house. It might be time to dust it off and keep it at the back door.

These fuckers are quick though and they're the second most poisonous snake on the planet. It takes no time to die from a bite. I wouldn't make it to the hospital in time where I live. I've dealt with the browns, copperheads and tiger snakes mostly. I usually just whip out the trusty shovel and it's off with their heads. I'm spewing I wasn't home at the time because she probably would've been by my side and this wouldn't have happened. I've even set up the anti-snake pulsing things around the place but they've failed me this time. Her brother came running over to me covered in blood as soon as I got home so I knew something was wrong. Obviously protecting his little sister. She just came off second best. I'm fucking gutted. Our gun laws are extremely tight over here. But hypothetically, I may know where a Remington 870 is. And hypothetically, it may be in my house. It might be time to dust it off and keep it at the back door.

I feel for you man. It killed me to lose my buddy of 8 years. That dog outlasted my marriage. I went to the gym. I wasn't scheduled to go that day. I left, my careless girlfriend let him out bringing in groceries....I found him the next day. I am still furious about it.

The best thing you can do is to find a constructive way to kill the offending species. The gun may make you feel a bit better. Just smoking a few snakes will bring a smile to your face, or you could find a bird of prey that has an affinity for the brown...find out what that bird likes to eat...ensure your land is strewn with it. Bring the birds...bring the pain. But still, they drew first blood...let a few shots ring out. It is therapeutic.

Sorry brother that sucks. That's one of the reasons I live where it gets cold, most of the crazy shit that kills you quickly like year round heat

I hear you. If it's not the spiders it's the fucking snakes. She's crossed the rainbow bridge now. I just need to do things to distract myself and not dwell on what's happened, because I can't change it.

Condolences for your lost, Rastas. For dog lovers, our dogs are a part of our family, and they are treated as such. When a family member passes their is a grieving process, this process should be no different for the K-9's in our family.

Again, condolences for your loss.

ive been lucky twice as far as this type of thing is concerned, dogs killed 2 eastern browns 2 years ago, luckily didnt get bitten,,if you make it in time overdose the shit out of the dog with vitamin c and rush to the vet,,sorry to hear man :(

Sorry for your loss, I was devastated when my dog died. (Died the same way, snakebite in the back yard area) Although it's not funny but when I scroll to the bottle it says similar threads: "Snake's First Cycle" :/

Back