My Dr pissed about private blood work

hiram1st

Had Dr appointment with PCP yesterday to have him examine me for gyno.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/674266-help-inflamed-gland-gyno-issue.html

The bumps went away over the weekend don't know it was because i was using tomax or the rolax I'm currently using I'm just glad they're gone. I kept the appointment anyway.

He asked what the issue was I explained what I had, he examined me and said he doesn't see or feel anything which was a relief. He asked about my TRT protocol (I started with him then moved to a urologist) and he said it probably was a gyno flare up and that I needed an AI to manage estrogen. So he started writing a order for blood work to check estradiol and I mentioned that I had blood work last week and my estradiol was in range ( didn't mention the sensitive was low). He asked who ordered the blood work as he was looking in my chart at the results of blood work he had ordered and what my urologist had sent to him. I said I got my own online and labcorp did the testing.

He crumbled up the order and closed my file and said I guess you don't need a Dr. to diagnose you and that it was illegal for people to do that. I said I don't think it's illegal and he said he meant to say unethical for a Dr to order blood work for someone they never met. I diffused the situation be telling him I tried to get in and see him last week and I couldn't be accomidated and was very concerned and scoured the web and found this site that could do blood work.

I said I'm here for you to examine me aren't I? Your my Dr and I need you to monitor me as I go through this body recomp to make sure I'm staying healthy. I need a full panel of blood work done since you last ordered one in July.

He calmed down apologized and just reiterated how he is against those type of services.

I'm sure it's about the money but was never expecting a professional get so bent out of shape and show it like that.

Needless to say will not tell him about any future blood work i get done privately.

I guess I can try and find a new PCP but I live in a small town and there aren't that many PCP to chose from and I bet they talk even with all the HIPPA rules.

He could address the issue nicely and explain why he feels it's a bad idea, but to address you in a hostile way. Yes I would already be looking for a new PCP. End of story.

When it comes to your health you should have the right to get any test done at any time you want without a referral. It's YOUR health. If you feel something is off and you want a test done you should be able to walk in and demand one. It's called being proactive which docs fail to do. It seems they'd rather treat the problems as they come instead of preventing them.

edit: get a new doc.

next time just say, "Thank you. I will take your opinion into consideration."

Next time I'll do just that. Just caught me off guard felt like a kid who was caught doing something wrong and lies to cover it up. That's not good to feel like you have to do that when your trusting someone to take care of you.

When it comes to your health you should have the right to get any test done at any time you want without a referral. It's YOUR health. If you feel something is off and you want a test done you should be able to walk in and demand one. It's called being proactive which docs fail to do. It seems they'd rather treat the problems as they come instead of preventing them.

edit: get a new doc.

Exactly. I feel it's ridiculous that we have to have a SCRIPT to get a blood test done! My blood, my money. Let me do as I see fit with it; I'm an adult, not a god-damn kid. :flamingma

Your doctor was pissed because he was seeing dollar signs flying out of his pocket. Every time a doc writes a script even for blood work he gets paid for it. If he's not writing scripts and ordering stuff, obviously he gets paid less. That's why it costs less for us to get bloodwork done privately. It cuts out the middleman. I'm lucky to have a doc that accepts my third party bloodwork so I can save a little money.

Your doctor was pissed because he was seeing dollar signs flying out of his pocket. Every time a doc writes a script even for blood work he gets paid for it. If he's not writing scripts and ordering stuff, obviously he gets paid less. That's why it costs less for us to get bloodwork done privately. It cuts out the middleman. I'm lucky to have a doc that accepts my third party bloodwork so I can save a little money.
. X100. It's all about the bucks for this one. I'm sure he has his favorite pharma companies too.

Medicine is a business. The Doctor have been arrogant and heavy handed with treatment because they could. People are over it and taking an active roll ion there health. We have options today that we never had before the doctors are going to have to suck it up. I got into it with an endo who was treating my 70 year old father he said he didn't prescribe hcg. He thought it outlandish when I told he why he should be prescribing it. He was treating my father like he was a 18 year old on cycle. We found an other doctor.

Back