My first delt injection experience!

goingtowin

So I just finished injecting 100mg test E into my right delt.. (TRT dose) not on cycle yet.

So surprisingly I pushed the entire 1 inch needle into my delt.. (I REALLY doubt I could have not went far enough to hit muscle?)

I forgot to wait 30 seconds after injecting and pulled out a few seconds after injection.. Anyways I found it VERY hard to get the last bit of gear out.. I couldn't get the last few drops because I had no leverage to apply force to the syringe.. Injecting in my quad I can go all out and apply a ton of force to get the last bit.. so I pulled out and once the needle was out I applied force and a few drops came from the needle :redhot: I doubt I wasted enough to make a difference though right?

Regardless I felt like the deltoid is a very easy spot to inject but not so easy to get every bit of gear out of the syringe..

Also injection site doesn't matter as far as absorption rate right?

Add a tiny bit of air to the syringe next time. This helps clear out the barrel and needle and the air is harmless intra-muscularly. It's doubtful you wasted much to matter, and the only difference between sites and absorption is time to be absorbed. Areas with less blood flow, like subcutaneous see less circulation, so the depot takes a little longer to enter the blood stream. (not enough to matter though)

My .02c :)

Add a tiny bit of air to the syringe next time. This helps clear out the barrel and needle and the air is harmless intra-muscularly. It's doubtful you wasted much to matter, and the only difference between sites and absorption is time to be absorbed. Areas with less blood flow, like subcutaneous see less circulation, so the depot takes a little longer to enter the blood stream. (not enough to matter though)

My .02c :)

Awesome I appreciate the response! You're always very helpful!

So I just finished injecting 100mg test E into my right delt.. (TRT dose) not on cycle yet.

So surprisingly I pushed the entire 1 inch needle into my delt.. (I REALLY doubt I could have not went far enough to hit muscle?)

I forgot to wait 30 seconds after injecting and pulled out a few seconds after injection.. Anyways I found it VERY hard to get the last bit of gear out.. I couldn't get the last few drops because I had no leverage to apply force to the syringe.. Injecting in my quad I can go all out and apply a ton of force to get the last bit.. so I pulled out and once the needle was out I applied force and a few drops came from the needle :redhot: I doubt I wasted enough to make a difference though right?

Regardless I felt like the deltoid is a very easy spot to inject but not so easy to get every bit of gear out of the syringe..

Also injection site doesn't matter as far as absorption rate right?

Grab the syringe with two fingers and put the plunger against the wall and using your body weight lean into the wall pushing the plunger into the syringe until all the gear has been injected. jk you know that.

Bro if quad injections are working well for now, stick to quads. Go around the world latter.

Grab the syringe with two fingers and put the plunger against the wall and using your body weight lean into the wall pushing the plunger into the syringe until all the gear has been injected. jk you know that.

Bro if quad injections are working well for now, stick to quads. Go around the world latter.

The problem with injecting in quads is that i'm into a sport that involves a lot of jumping and impact to my legs..

A quad injection should not effect that unless there is a problem with the gear and using 100mg which is 1/2 ml my guess is you are moving that needle around while injecting. No worries though, practice makes perfect. Don't leave the needle in 10 seconds. Hit and run has always worked best for me, and injecting 1/2 ml is no problem. It is natural to over think this when first getting use to it. I use to sweat bb's when hitting delts until I discovered quads. I was a noob to needles. Merh addicts don't have the same problems that we do when beginning, but good for us:)

A quad injection should not effect that unless there is a problem with the gear and using 100mg which is 1/2 ml my guess is you are moving that needle around while injecting. No worries though, practice makes perfect. Don't leave the needle in 10 seconds. Hit and run has always worked best for me, and injecting 1/2 ml is no problem. It is natural to over think this when first getting use to it. I use to sweat bb's when hitting delts until I discovered quads. I was a noob to needles. Merh addicts don't have the same problems that we do when beginning, but good for us:)

Well I was also using new muscle (left quad) but I know for a fact my gear is solid.. Very reputable source.. either way if delts have no disadvantage.. i'm going to continue to use them.. i'd rather have arm pain than leg pain :p

What about lats? Traps? All easy. I'm too scared of tris, bis and calves though. And that(whatever it's called) in the side of your hip freaks me out too much to even think about even though it's supposed to be one if the easiest/best spits.

Lats are easy.. depends on how wide you are though, may be hard to self inject. I rotate delts, quads, lats, and glutes.. that is enough, don't see a need to add in bis or tris or calves (it only takes once to find out wither you are good with an injection site or not)

I save glutes for blasts when I have to inject 2-3ml per. Trt dose gets delts, lats, traps. Blasts get glutes, quads.

I've only had one time where the lat involuntarily spasmed. I suppose I passed thru a nerve?? Kinda freaked me out. But I'm not a huge f#$@er like most of you, so I can hit them fairly easily.

Last edited:
try a slin pin on the delts for 1cc, I think you'll like it even more.

That reminds me... I'm due for my shot: left side delt with slin pin this PM.

Well I was also using new muscle (left quad) but I know for a fact my gear is solid.. Very reputable source.. either way if delts have no disadvantage.. i'm going to continue to use them.. i'd rather have arm pain than leg pain :p

There is no disadvantage in using delts. After 25 years I have scar tissue in my lateral quads so I use delts.

Just be sure to rotate using at a MINIMUM of four sites. You don't want scar tissue to form, it's a royal bitch to try to break up, and is near impossible to pin through.

Chest is easy once you realize that you're not going to pierce your heart (you would need a HUGE needle to do that), and quads are cake once you get the hang of them. Just stick to the vastus lateralis one hand width down from the hip, and one up from the knee.

Yes MJF, that was a nerve showing you who the boss is haha. I do light pokes to see where the little bastards are, as a spot that I can barely feel the poke will be pretty far from a nerve.

Ventroglutes are tricky the first couple times, but extremely smooth and pain free once you figure them out. I do them lying on my side, and lift my leg to really give a good visual to see where the needle goes. YouTube had a decent couple videos on them. Just be sure to feel for the illiotibial band (runs from the hip to the knee), and don't piss it off by punching a hole in it - that makes it really angry. ;)

Lats can be easy, but I'm not flexible enough for them. You can use your off hand to support the pinning hand to keep it steady.

Traps scare me, but I know plenty of guys that like them. Maybe a slin pin would be a good idea there. I just know that nerves run around the traps, so I get leery of that spot.

Glutes are AAS 101, but I don't like pinning where I can't see without a mirror, and get a cramp when I twist for too long lol. I save them when I absolutely must, but lots of folks really enjoy glute pins. Just be sure to use a 1.5" pin if you have some junk in the trunk. :p

Bis/tris/calves/forearms are either AWESOME, or a nightmare. I can't do them without really regretting it. I suppose trying with really small volumes would help break them in, but good gawd, peg leg from a calf pin? Yeeeeouch! Forearm pins I did on a dare, and I couldn't hold a pen for two days lmao.

Feel free to experiment and become comfortable with each site. Some swear by one, while others avoid them at all costs. If you happen to watch youtube for pec injections though, I do want to state that there's a freak on there that pins his nipples - don't do that. Aim about 2-3" ABOVE the nipples, where the muscle is thickest. I shudder everytime I think about that tool ramming that needle there. :Puke:

Hope this helps. :)

Ventro glutes are easier than the video's on youtube make it seem. I just lean a little to the opposite side I'm injecting and the muscle pops right out. I usually feel with my thumb for the top of my iliac crest or hip bone..(hope I got that right) and make a small V with my fingers in the center of the muscle and inject. With Ventro's, Delts, pecs and thighs I have 8 spots to rotate between.

Back