my journey with my 3j diet and exercise program

sxd45

Well I got my diet and exercise program in from 3j today and had already started a little early on the exercise part of it Saturday morning before work, did back tonight after a trip to Lafayette and I feel pretty good about it. Still have a wicked pump in my back and I hope it does down a bit so I can sleep.

Diet isn't too far off from what I have been eating so adjustment won't be too bad. It's hard to cook a lot of my meals from a hotel but I think I will manage OK with it
The only real worry I have is equipment because my workouts will soon change to evenings and my gym is packed at that time.

I will update this as much as possible. Thanks 3j

Just finished shoulders, strength felt good and just feel a drive now that I have a set plan in place.

When prepping food for the next few days I realized I have been eating way less protein than I thought, I bought a scale and was amazed at the amount of protein I could have been eating. Probably explains why I felt so hungry all the time and why I kind of stalled as far as fat loss.

Did arms today, felt good and I pushed myself harder than I ever have before. I'm utilizing 3j's reverse pyramid workout and really testing my strength with the whole 4 rep setup. Did 65's and I will say that's the most I have ever done with dB curls.

Diet is going great and so far I feel pretty good, gym will change to evenings next week so I may have limitations with equipment needs. I will ask to work in with people but I am a outsider at this gym since I am out of town so we will see how it goes.

Today was weight and measurements and I feel pretty good about my progress so far, gained a inch in my chest and lost a inch in the belly and a 1/4 in the waist. 3 lbs down as far as weight goes.

Had my leg workout this morning and I will be the first to admit that I didn't do legs like I should for a while, I would do them here and there and I guess I'm paying for it now. Squats were disappointing but I did them and pushed myself with as much weight as I could safely handle. Guess I will be walking a little funny today.

Today was weight and measurements and I feel pretty good about my progress so far, gained a inch in my chest and lost a inch in the belly and a 1/4 in the waist. 3 lbs down as far as weight goes.

Had my leg workout this morning and I will be the first to admit that I didn't do legs like I should for a while, I would do them here and there and I guess I'm paying for it now. Squats were disappointing but I did them and pushed myself with as much weight as I could safely handle. Guess I will be walking a little funny today.

Today was an off day, chest tomorrow early in the AM. Gonna hit it hard. I have been keeping a log of the weight I am lifting and remember last chest day barely making the 4 reps with 85lb db's so I am gonna stick with that weight and see if I can get 4 easy if so I will increase the next chest day. I have always kept a log of my workouts and it's very useful to gauge strength increases so if your reading this and don't keep a log then start doing it trust me!

Diet has been on point and no cheat meals have came into play but the temptation has been there, I have pretty good self control so I should be ok. I am making a trip to Louisiana and the Cajun food will be tempting but I'm gonna do my best to not eat any. Will update again soon.

Did chest this morning, absolutely killed it! Got almost 6 reps with the 85's so I will step it up to 90 next chest day. Strength on other exercises was great and endurance was awesome. I have some new pre workout coming from mrsupps and can't wait to give it a try. Just made it to my room in Louisiana and I know we will be eating out tonight so hopefully I can find something decent on the menu so I don't mess my diet up too much.

I'm really liking this journey so far and have big plans once I hit my goal bf and weight. I will definitely be extending my diet coaching with 3j. He is quick to answer emails even after hours and he is full of knowledge. Will update tomorrow night after my back day.

Did back yesterday and my lifts went up, felt great to move that much weight. Met a guy there that needs a workout partner so I will be doing my workouts with a spotter so I can move more weight. Diet was off a little while I was out of town but I tried to make smart choices while eating out.

Did back yesterday and my lifts went up, felt great to move that much weight. Met a guy there that needs a workout partner so I will be doing my workouts with a spotter so I can move more weight. Diet was off a little while I was out of town but I tried to make smart choices while eating out.

View attachment 560561 sorry the before and after weren't together.

Well I did my first weekday night workout and it wasn't so bad, I went in feeling super focused and ready, I ordered some pump juice from Mrsupps and let me say it is crazy good.

Tonight was shoulders and I was feeling really strong, there was some redneck guy trying to impress some ladies and kinda got in my way but I didn't let him slow me down. I put up 80's for my 4 rep set and it felt amazing, really pushed myself and was happy to use that much weight. 215 on the bar for shrugs and walked out of there with a crazy pump in my shoulders which I'm sure I will feel tomorrow. I have never used this rep range and I feel like my muscles are in shock of what I'm doing with them but I guess it's a good thing.

Did arms tonight, was a great workout. The gym isn't nearly as packed as everyone says it would be and the people generally seem to share pretty well. This pyramid workout is killer and so far it feels like I'm making good gains. I don't use a lot of pre workouts that have stuff in them for pump so the pump juice I started using is working like crazy! Arms are tight almost to the point of hurting lol. Taking tomorrow evening off and will hit chest with one of the locals for some moral support on the tougher lifts.

Been a few days since I posted, been getting up at 3 am for work and hitting the gym after work about 7:30. 15 hours work days isn't gonna slow me down from hitting my goals. Weight is coming off at the right I am comfortable with. Stats so far are
Height 6'3"
weight 223
Chest 46 3/4
Arms 16
stomach 39 3/4
Waist 39 1/2
Thighs 24
calves 16
forearms 12 1/2

Did chest the other night and it was great, used the same weight as the week before and got 6 so I will move up next time. Gonna hit legs tomorrow and I know the rig I work on will not be forgiving to that.

Back