Myostatin initiator or blocker

Hoss_12

I was reading a lot about the idea of a myostatin inhibitor. It is interesting th effects myostatin has on muscle. There wasn't any real evidence or I guess drugs that have been reported to actually work to reduce myostatin? Is there anything that has achieved a lowering of myostatin levels? I may have missed something in the research I was doing but it didn't seem like to many supplements have been effective. Anyone have knowledge on this subject?

There are a few that peptide companies are selling. I am gathering info on them myself. Follistatin and ace 031 seem to be the most popular. The whole peptide thing fascinates me and I cant help but think that moving forward these compounds will continue to evolve and grow in their popularity and use.

I've used ghrp-2 and cjc and liked them but they weren't amazing. I was advised by a lot of guys here to wait before I do a cycle as im only 20 so I am going to wait. Everything within the realm of these different supplements is very interesting to me. I'll have to research follistatin and ace 031

There are a few that peptide companies are selling. I am gathering info on them myself. Follistatin and ace 031 seem to be the most popular. The whole peptide thing fascinates me and I cant help but think that moving forward these compounds will continue to evolve and grow in their popularity and use.

Any studies done on these things? Seems interesting. I know they could modify human genes to cause this at a genetic level.

Any studies done on these things? Seems interesting. I know they could modify human genes to cause this at a genetic level.

I'm not sure it's worth it to me if they have to modify my genes. But I do also wonder if there are studies on the peptides

I'm not sure it's worth it to me if they have to modify my genes. But I do also wonder if there are studies on the peptides

I think that they have to do that to you when you are an embryo or maybe even by messing with sperm and eggs. I don't think they can just turn you into a muscle monster by injecting you with some myostatin blocking gene bud, maybe you were being sarcastic. The shit that I am referring to falls into the realm of genetic science and fucking with human genetics is frowned upon in the scientific community when there is no medical benefit.

Jimi, What are your takes on the majority of these studies? I feel the peptides (though have huge potential and the idea behind them is great) use studies so vaguely or with dosing that is unreasonable. Do you feel there have been any real break through; to put these guys on the map compared to AAS?

I get a large marketing supplement vibe from a lot of the peps I see come out.
"Human Monster Growth, is clinically proven to increase gh levels by 300%!!" ... ingredidents valerian root -_-

I think that they have to do that to you when you are an embryo or maybe even by messing with sperm and eggs. I don't think they can just turn you into a muscle monster by injecting you with some myostatin blocking gene bud, maybe you were being sarcastic. The shit that I am referring to falls into the realm of genetic science and fucking with human genetics is frowned upon in the scientific community when there is no medical benefit.

So for when I am about to have kids it's possible...
I'm just kidding

Jimi, What are your takes on the majority of these studies? I feel the peptides (though have huge potential and the idea behind them is great) use studies so vaguely or with dosing that is unreasonable. Do you feel there have been any real break through; to put these guys on the map compared to AAS?

"Human Monster Growth, is clinically proven to increase gh levels by 300%!!" ... ingredidents valerian root -_-

HGH is a peptide hormone...They have the potential to work but a lot of them don't. Some are proven like GH (obviously), igf-1 and a few others.

Yes thats why I do so much looking into them on my own before I will pull the trigger on them myself. I think its important to keep their use in perspective. For example I think the GH peptide stacks are useful BUT they are like a low dose GH protocol. Thats all. A low dose GH protocol is going to offer benefits, but not like the high dose GH use competitive bodybuilders use. The lines get blurred. I think expectations need to be realistic and due diligence done before you try them for yourself. Thats why in a case like this I am looking into these types of peptides. I did a ton of research before i would try the GH stacks, it will be the same here. I do think there is some promise to the compounds. How far they have come in the way of effectiveness in the question in my mind and I honestly dont even know enough yet to say either way.

Like most OTC supplements I have to assume myo-x doesn't work. Its made by mhp is a myostatin inhibitor but I naturally am very skeptical. Anyone know anything about that product?

You are correct for the most part. There is some gene therapy that can be done on adults, but for the most part it only works on very selective things. The key is to create the blastocyst outside of the body and change the genetic structure prior to the first cleavage - the first cell division. Then every cell in the body will obtain the altered genetics. If we are going to do such things, I recommend we start with genetic diseases first and worry about cosmetics later. We have already moved past naturalistic evolution - our genetic errors are protected and allowed to procreate (speaks highly of our moral systems). It is time we start doing what nature did for us - but in a permanent and more humane way, via genetic modification.

Considering how ridiculously expensive REAL myostatin inhibitors are, I would have to question any peptide company claiming to sell them for reasonable prices.

On a side note, the myostatin deficiency only exists in the greyhound breed for dogs - not the typical "muscle" dogs like pitbulls, rottweilers, etc :)

Wow, never mind. Link won't show up. It's a topic on Reddit about this.. just interesting I thought.

Last edited:
Basically, the word on Myostatin Inhibition is.. dont fuck with it just yet.

A true myostatin inhibitor will generally cost thousands not hundreds.. and if you simply injected it, your body would destroy it..goodbye all your moneys..

So, to prevent that you need an Adenovirus Vector, and an immuno-suppressant. You somehow, attach the inhibitor to your virus and then inject.

The adenovirus allows it to attach to cells and spread through to other existing cells. It will not stick around during cell replication however.. It will travel and infect new cells if the virus is still present though..Your body will recognize the virus and work to fight it keep in mind. An immuno-suppressant is used in order to stop that and allow the virus to spread freely.

There is also some word about genetic modification too.. but who do we know that's this deep into the science of it..

That's what I've read that seems the most promising, and especially the least far fetched.. to have something come so easy has to require some sort of sacrifice right?

Last edited:
Back