N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) A Great Supplement

TheWalkingDead

Farmers Walk
#3 - NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine):

NAC is derived from the Amino Acid; L-Cysteine. Most of you already know that this Over the Counter product is my choice. It's readily available and it's cheap. You take it for your liver, but NAC's uses and areas of benefit would shock even some of the more educated users. I'll go as far as saying many doctors are unaware of how powerful this drug really is. Let's have a look...

I'll cover the liver first since that's the main concern for us. NAC can prevent all types of damage to the liver. Whether it's alcohol damage or steroid-induced damage. NAC is a precursor for Glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants available in our bodies and it's very stable. Similar to UDCA, it also provides aid in bile flow and lowers elevated enzymes. Not quite as effective in the presence of stones, however, can be an effective preventative measure for cholesterol generated stones.

I posted this as part of another thread, but I was concerned that few would read it since it was on the 12th page, so I thought I would start a new thread. Anyway here is my personal experience with NAC.

February 14, 2013
AST 72 (0-40)
ALT 129 (0-44)

June 11, 2013
ALT 72 (0-40)
AST 121 (0-44)

I have fatty liver due to a massive weight loss (250+ pounds in under a year back in 2007, kept the fat off for 6 years). My liver values have remained elevated for quite a while now, in spite of the fact that I do not drink alcohol and do not take oral steroids/prohormones. I read an older thread back in June from Austinite and he was talking about the benefits of NAC, and how it was the best liver support supplement. I bought a bottle of NOW brand NAC in 600mg capsules online, and began taking 3 caps a day (1800 mg) on 6/11/2013. On 7/09/2013 I went and had another blood test. The results speak for themselves.

July 9, 2013
AST 35 (0-40)
ALT 42 (0-44)

I should note that there is no change in any of the supplements I was using aside from adding the NAC, during all tests I was using Animal Pak multivitamin, creatine monohydrate, whey protein powder, and fish oil. I should mention that the blood tests on 2/14/2013 and 6/11/2013 were off-cycle blood work, while the test on 7/09/2013 was about 4 weeks into cycle (750 mg test cypionate/week), and that I am using anastrazole on a daily basis.

It is my conclusion based upon these results that NAC is extremely effective. In fact it is one of the most effective supplements that I have ever used. It is very relieving to me knowing that even with fatty liver, I can have normal liver values.

nac is some amazing stuff :) always been a fan just make sure its capped raw nac smells something awful

Back