Nalgene filter capacity

mranak said:
I thought that flask was supposed to work the the 45mm Nalgene. I know that it says, "Please note that this flask will not fit the 500 ml Nalgene bottle top filter unit we carry", but it looks like all of their Nalgene bottle-top only units have 33mm necks.

They have 45mm neck Nalgene bottle top units, but they come with the flask ... and the flask has the same pressure warning.

Guess I'll just go with 33mm unless I find a decent 45mm collector for a good price.

just go with 33mm mranak.

RJH8541 said:
fuck that... too much money and effort.

But isn't it more economical in the long run since you can use it over and over again and just have to get a new filter membrane?
I am totally new to this and I am looking for a simplier way to filter
thanks

AJay said:
But isn't it more economical in the long run since you can use it over and over again and just have to get a new filter membrane?
I am totally new to this and I am looking for a simplier way to filter
thanks

well, i look at it this way. For about $70 shipped, I get 12 filters that equate to 6000ml. Don't have to clean nothing, reuse nothing, just filter and trash it.

your deal is $206 for just the unit, another $100 for the receiver flask, and whatever else, for a measely 1000ml. See what I mean?

I mean, how long will it take you to filter 6 liters of gear. Unless you are a lab, I would say that is quite a while for your normal meathead.

Back