NCAA Tourney, Who Do You Pick????

Lol at you guys.

Anyways, looking at who's left Texas has certainly got a chance, but is anybody playing better ball than Kansas? I don't think so, they look like a buzzsaw waiting for their next victim.

TxLonghorn said:
Lol at you guys.

Anyways, looking at who's left Texas has certainly got a chance, but is anybody playing better ball than Kansas? I don't think so, they look like a buzzsaw waiting for their next victim.

Hey TX -

Did you know that the last three national championship winners were all #1 seeds? Hmmm, which No. 1 seed is left I wonder? I'm still rooting for 'Cuse though!! Carmelo Anthony HAS to win his only shot at the National title, you know!!

now if you want to talk about next year. you better watch out for Michigan State, they have 4 starters coming back, and are gettign 2 blue chip players. and whti tom izzo, there going to be good. Im also pulling for University of Michigan.

I picked Syracuse to go all the way. I have watched too many games where they were down by as many as 15 points and came back and won it... I haven't seen any other team do that as consistently as the cuse. And the 2-3 zone the cuse has this year is unlike any zone the NCAA has seen in recent memory. Cuse has long armed pure athletes that will steal that ball and prevent shots without much issue.

What is great is that I just moved back from Austin Texas to Syracuse... and have been dying to see these two teams play each other for the last 3 years. And in my opinion, in watching years of big 12 play.. they just can't compete with the big east. Syracuse is certainly proving that point. 3 and 0 against the big 12... hopefully it will be 5-0 after the year is over!!

'Cuse does have a nasty defense. If they can shut down T.J. Ford, Texas is all done. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lived in Austin just 4 months ago. I watched them play, I watched them play for the last three years. And I can tell you that the BIG 12 just isn't as competative as the big east. And if that team has never seen a 2-3 zone the way Cuse plays it... they don't stand a chance.

there is no if... they will contain him... he can drive in all night but the cuse won't let him pass the ball... that is about all the damage he can do... SU has much more talent than Texas does. They will make it so that TJ does all the scoring himself... hell he could score 60 points and that would be fine.. because it will only be him scoring...

The only hope that Texas has is that Barnes worked at providence some 16 years ago...so he may have seen a zone like the one we play.

Last edited:
clubfootedmidget said:
there is no if... they will contain him... he can drive in all night but the cuse won't let him pass the ball... that is about all the damage he can do... SU has much more talent than Texas does. They will make it so that TJ does all the scoring himself... hell he could score 60 points and that would be fine.. because it will only be him scoring...

They can't contain him, all they can do is pray that he has a bad day...:D

And I can assure you that TJ will not be the only horn scoring when they play syracuse...'cause I'll be getting some, lol. ;)

It doesn't change the fact that the best player on the floor is Carmelo Anthony, and you'll see when he busts out on you. When I think of Texas all I think of is T.J. Ford. The supporting cast doesn't impress me. Cuse has Billy Edelin, G-Mac and Hakim Warrick... these guys would start for the premiere teams in the country and be stars in the Big 12. We'll see though. I mean.. Texas lost to Notre Dame??!?

Update on the tourney, Kansas is going through Marquette like a hot knife going through butter!!!! The score at halftime 59-30!!!

Did I not tell you all Syracuse was going to Win!!! Yeah.. that was a Big if... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Longhorns were overrated!! We did have the best player on the court in Melo!!!!

clubfootedmidget said:
Did I not tell you all Syracuse was going to Win!!! Yeah.. that was a Big if... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Longhorns were overrated!! We did have the best player on the court in Melo!!!!

GO "CUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big East all the way!!!

Back