Need Experienced Advice

pump_past50

I need a little advice from some more experienced people than me.

I was 4 weeks into a cycle of test c 500mg per week, deca 400mg per week and 50mg of tbol daily. I wound up in the hospital with pericarditis (viral). I've been put on anti-imflamatories and told not to weight train for at least 6 weeks.
I've stopped the cycle and am at the stage where I would normally start pct (3 weeks from last inject). The problem is, the perscribed meds that i'm on are taxing on the stomach and liver. I'm thinking that it would not be wise to add clomid or nolva to the meds that i have to take.
I know that I'm shut down after 4 weeks but pct seems riskier than going through a long period of returning to natty levels.

My thought/question is this, should I consider going on a low dose of test for the next 6 weeks...like an Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) dose (I'm 53)?
Then when I'm able to get back into serious training, start back on cycle.
I would be interested in hearing experienced thoughts on this strategy and what are the risks with this type of plan.

I understand where you're coming from asking experienced guys on here, a lot of people hate doctors but my doctor is for real. To be honest I would just tell the doctors that you have been using AAS and tell them the doses. The medications they give you may not interact well with the steroids at all and you could be in for some serious damage. I don't mean to scare you but thats some serious shit, and I wouldn't be playing around self-medicating at this stage.

I guess I'm fearful of the repercussions of telling them...maybe the best course would be to stop all aas and face the long recovery time. The wife was enjoying having an 18 year old in bed. Guess that will come to an end!

Wow, I feel for you!

I was diagnosed with Pericarditis about 15 yrs ago. I thought I was having a heart attack and collapsed at work. The meds they gave me basically left me lethargic and bed ridden for a month. Complained to the doctor and he advised me that's what the meds do. Well lying on my couch 24/7 is just not me. My thinking was if I'm not healthy I better get my ass back to the gym! Not going to get healthy lying on my couch!

I stopped my meds, went to the gym and at the next doctors appointment was told I was healthy and could resume my training.

But that's me, no aas in my system. and much younger at that time.

I would suggest you telling the doctor exactly what your doing,doses and duration.

If the meds your on do react in some way to anything your taking for your cycle. It could have serious consequences to your health long term.

Better safe than sorry!

I understand where you're coming from asking experienced guys on here, a lot of people hate doctors but my doctor is for real. To be honest I would just tell the doctors that you have been using AAS and tell them the doses. The medications they give you may not interact well with the steroids at all and you could be in for some serious damage. I don't mean to scare you but thats some serious shit, and I wouldn't be playing around self-medicating at this stage.

I m an Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) guy but i agree with KV...my doc is cool..disclosure may be the best route..or find another doc and explain what s up..tell him you want a second opinion ???
Good to see back pp50 good luck

Thanks Teutonic!
I'm just going to stop the test until the pericarditis has been completely dealt with. Once I can get back into the gym I'll make a decision about doing another cycle.
It's going to be a slow recovery without post cycle therapy (pct) but I see no other way.

Back