Need help gaining

skoal1111

I'm 20 years old, been actually working out for 7 months consistently now.
I'm also 5'11, and weigh 158lbs.

When I started working out, I was weighing in as 147lbs.

I can't sit down and eat 5-6 Meals a day, just to busy with school work etc.

I do try to eat as much as I can, everyday. But a meal can really last me many, many hours.

Is there anyone that might be able to help me get a decent meal plan down to about 3-4 Meals a day?

My goal for weight is 185 lbs. Just so hard to reach it seems.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
185 is not hard to reach. You could gain that naturally in less than a year...without changing your bf % too much. I'm sure you have a higher metabolism so i would recommend not worrying about eating clean. Eat ice cream. Eat fast food every once in awhile. Heavy heavy peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Add sugar to your corn flakes. You get my drift..up the calories at each meal how ever possible. Add shakes to you regime, they are easy when you just add water.

As for your lifting...Avoid excessive cardio. I would say cut it all out together but that's just me. Just lift heavy, eat alot and get a good night's sleep whenever possible.

3-4 meals is fine, no need for 5-6 unless you just cant fit the calories into fewer meals. But at 158 that shouldnt be a problem.

come up with a 3 or 4 meal per day plan of the foods you would be eating and well make any necessary recommendations.

btw what are you doing as far as training?

Suareezay said:
3-4 meals is fine, no need for 5-6 unless you just cant fit the calories into fewer meals. But at 158 that shouldnt be a problem.

come up with a 3 or 4 meal per day plan of the foods you would be eating and well make any necessary recommendations.

btw what are you doing as far as training?

Latley I have been packing many many pb&j sancwiches, eating tons of eggs and try to put down my cyto gainer every now and then.
shit gets nastys after a while.

Went from 147 to 158 pretty easy, now it just seems like im stuck between 155-160. Can't get anything else out of it.

As for workouts, I'm def in the gym 4-5 Times a week, for about an hour, going heavy weights.

the 147-158 weight gain was your "noob" gain. people tend to experience greater muscle/strength gain and fatloss in the beginning stages. results taper off as time goes on. you shouldnt expect more than maybe 10-15 pounds of lean weight gain per year after this point.

you should add some more meat to your diet. think ground beef, top sirloin, chicken, fish, etc. eat the meat with a big plate of rice or a potato. i like drizzling olive oil over my rice - good healthy fats and lots of calories. pb&j with a side of whole eggs would be another meal. possibly do the cytogainer in milk post workout. Then have a few cups of cottage cheese before bed. Thats 4 meals, and you should have no problem getting enough calories in, unless you just dont have a big enough appetite to eat enough.

I would also keep gym time down to 3 days a week. At 158 pounds, its probably safe to say that you dont have the greatest recovery time in the world, so 4-5 days a week could be overdoing it. I would stick to a basic 3 day a week push/pull/legs split, low volume, high intensity workouts with mainly compound movements and a few isolation sets for tris/bis/calves on their respective days. there should be enough sample splits in the training section to give you an idea.

Suareezay said:
the 147-158 weight gain was your "noob" gain. people tend to experience greater muscle/strength gain and fatloss in the beginning stages. results taper off as time goes on. you shouldnt expect more than maybe 10-15 pounds of lean weight gain per year after this point.

you should add some more meat to your diet. think ground beef, top sirloin, chicken, fish, etc. eat the meat with a big plate of rice or a potato. i like drizzling olive oil over my rice - good healthy fats and lots of calories. pb&j with a side of whole eggs would be another meal. possibly do the cytogainer in milk post workout. Then have a few cups of cottage cheese before bed. Thats 4 meals, and you should have no problem getting enough calories in, unless you just dont have a big enough appetite to eat enough.

I would also keep gym time down to 3 days a week. At 158 pounds, its probably safe to say that you dont have the greatest recovery time in the world, so 4-5 days a week could be overdoing it. I would stick to a basic 3 day a week push/pull/legs split, low volume, high intensity workouts with mainly compound movements and a few isolation sets for tris/bis/calves on their respective days. there should be enough sample splits in the training section to give you an idea.
\

I really appriciate all the help I am getting, thanks everyone. I'll go ahead and give it a shot.

watch the HIT workouts as mentioned above....IMO it's best not to do them if weight gain is the goal, it's just like doing cardio in a way.....give yourself 3 min. between sets and 5 min. between exercises for full strength ability on each set.....

Back