Need help on my dosage and the way I'm feeling

Newuser1988

Long story short I was diagnosed with low t a year ago. I'm 28, 5"11 200lbs, 15% body fat. After struggling with doctors for almost a year and not prescribing me anything higher then 100mg a week I decided try things out my self. I've been dealing with low t ( last test I got from my doctor after Being on 100mg week for 4 weeks came back with a free t level of 7.1. High normal range was 57) I was still feeling terrible and it was taking a toll on my marriage and almost losing my job. For one month I took 600mg of test e a week. I felt great. Had my sex drive back wasent getting any hot flashes, I finally had an appetite and was able to go to the gym daily and be productive at work. As before, when I would go to the gym I would litterly be sick the rest of the day, tired, no appetite just terrible. Now since I have low t I know I'll have gone on this the rest of my life. From my understanding 600mg a week isn't something can do for life so I lowered my dose to 250mg a week for a little over a month. This whole month I have felt terrible again. Not quite as bad as being on 100mg a week but very close. I'm needing more sleep again, I have lost my sex drive, my appetite has gone back down not really wanting to eat. My energy has also fallen. So I'm really not sure on what to do. I'm very discouraged again as I thought I was on the right path. My idea was to go back up to 500mg a week for 1 month and gradually go down to where I feel good but have my dosage be as low as possible since I have to be on this for life. Also I'm not concerned about fertility as I had a vesectamy already and a little testicular atrophy is fine. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated

i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah264/modifiedamerican/410987A1-EDF8-4413-B31B-DD1A0323B40A_zpslq6g3t0h.jpeg

Sounds like it could be attributed to elevated estrogen levels. Are you currently, or did you take an aromatase inhibitor when you upped the test dosage?

Welcome.

You should post these types of questions in the TRT section.

We can't really help you without blood work to analyze. If you have it, post it. If not don't change your current 250/wk dose until you get bloods pulled. If low test is what's causing your symptoms I'd be very surprised if your current dose didn't remedy them fully. 250/wk is about as high as TRT doses go and generally put people over the max range of normal, but some do need that much to get to the higher range or normal.

My gut says there is more to your symptoms than just low t.

600mg/wk is a full on cycle, as is 500/wk.

Two things:

1. You gave up way too easily and are now risking your script because you have a shitty doctor. Getting the script is the hard part; now you can shop around for another doctor that actually has a clue, but you have to wait a good month (and go back to your PRESCRIBED dose) or you could have unintended results pop up.

You're probably going to be perfect at 200mg a week, but you have to let them decide that with some gentle guidance.

2. I'm betting you're not taking an AI. As test goes up, so does estradiol. High estradiol is what causes all the nasties like boobies and prostate cancer. It's also probably what is making you feel like crap.

I'd suggest adding an AI (you have some reading to do - start with the TRT sticky), but you should manage your TRT first and foremost. If there's something else going on, you really don't want to add high hematocrit/estradiol/androstendione to the mix ON TOP of whatever else is messing with your quality of life.

I'd sort out the testosterone (and estradiol) first, then start looking at other issues like sleep apnea, thyroid/adrenal issues, etc. Troubleshooting is much easier if you add one new (or eliminate) variable at a time.

Welcome to ology. ;)

My .02c :)

If you're going to do this on your own, you need to learn how to order blood work to dial in your sweet spot with test AND an AI. You need to learn about hematocrit and why you need to manage that by giving blood periodically. If your nuts shriveling makes you cringe, then look into hcg as well.

Like Half mentioned there is a trt section to guide you through most of those questions...good luck and welcome to 'ology

Well OP you just got the essential lowdown. I'm following my buddy halfwit tonight and getting in behind to support what he says. NO really a little joke man, but you need to read as you were told. It seem you don't have much understanding of the simple fact that when your Test level goes up, so then your E2 (estradiol) follows. With that comes many side effects and many you have described to us that you are experiencing.

Start on this forum and read the sticky's , found where the threads are located where you posted. Specifically lean about Estrogen , Prolactin and Progesterone. What Aromatizing is and how to manage E2 with an AI.

Welcome and Good Luck :wavey:

Back