Need help with blood tests please

maxwellg

Hi,

I've been asked by my doctor to go for some blood tests but the problem is I'm just at the end of a cycle of sust and depot.

Over here we have to go to the hospital to get the blood sample taken so I could probably stall the tests for a week or so.

I took my last shot on Saturday so whats the shortest peroid I'd have to wait before I can get the test done so I've either got a normal test level, low or very low test level (i.e. anything BUT a high test level)?? I don't think he's going to wait around 3 weeks.

He's checking for U and E, LFT (gamma GT), thyroid function and glucose and he also wants a full blood count.

He's going to find out pretty quickly about the elevated test level isn't he?? LOL

Could someone please spell out how much shit I'm in and maybe a way out of it.

Thanks.

maxwellg.

I think it will be at least 3 weeks before your Test levels fall back into the normal range.

You could always try explaining your elevated readings by saying you were experimenting with prohormones.

thats what i said to him when he asked what supplements i was taking, but would it really be as high as 12 weeks of sust and depot though??

Tell me what I should say, or what would you say if you were in this situation?? cheers StoneCold

maxwellg.

Nothing you've indicated shows a check fo testosterone levels. the tests requested are good ones for checking vital systems post-cycle. If the levels are elevated a great deal, it will tell you that your cycling habits need to be revised.

Get them done post-cycle if possible. I assume that you will be starting a recovery cycle soon thereafter.

Just to let you guys know that I got the blood tests done on Wednesday night, got the results yesterday and everything is normal.

I'm pleased that my cycle hasn't had an impact on my body as much as I thought it would as this one has been longer than the others.

DrJMW - thanks for letting me know what the tests were about.

maxwellg.

here's the scoop, unless you are either an old man or a youg man complaing of impotence, no doctor will randomly order either a free or total testosterone level ( the free is the most specific of how your levels are) the labs that you have indicated may show the following, all of which are explainable by other means than AAS

LIVER FUNCTION TESTS: the alkaline phosphatase and/or GGT (gammaglutamyl transferase) levels may be mildly elevated due to intrahepatic cholestasis associated with steroid usage, but may also be explained by alcohol, viral hepatitis, gallstones, and other uncommon causes, also the transaminases may or may not be elevated (AST/ALT) the ALT is more liver specific, and indicates inflammation/necrosis of liver tissue which may also be associated with any of the above, AAS, and fatty liver (caused by nolvadex)

GLUCOSE: should not be affected at all by the AAS, may increase insulin sensitivity and actually lower levels

CBC: may notice an elevated RBC count, elevated hemoglobin and hematocrit, especially with anadrol (was used to treat refratory anemias and myelofibrosis in the past)

THYROID FUNCTIONS: may be a bit more tricky, usually on the TSH is checked as a screening exam and should not be affected. the thyroblobulin binding proteins may be affected and change the levels of total thyroxine or T4, but this can be checked by ordering a Free T4 level which should be normal, especially if the TSH is normal

hope this alleviates your anxiety

remeber that if you use AAS, your HDL (good) cholesterol will be lowered and this must be addressed, especially since this is an independant cardiovasculsr risk factor, it has also been hypothesized that due to the increase in blood volume that patients may become hypercoaguable or prone to form atherosclerotic vessels, folic acid 1-2mg qd may help with this, especially since homocyeistenemia has also been associted with CVS disease

enough rambling, sorry

Back