need some advice

I'm not real old, I turned 16 a couple months ago and have problems on my max days. On the days that i know i'm going to max i usually seem to pysch myself out and can't seem to get the weight i expected up. I do a warm up set and then go to a weight and do one and go up by about 30 pounds each time. It seems as tho some days i go into the gym and should do my max then. What seems to be the problem

start at
135X10
255X1
285X1
315X1
345X1
350>never been able to put it up

the first thing i would try is dont do 345 for a single when its only 5 pounds from your attempt on a new pr , i wouldnt go over 320 befire my 350 attempt . also dont maxx out every week .

yea i don't max out every week. i try and max after i switch my workout routine every 6-8 weeks... i.e. powerlifting phase, cutting phase.. i'm 5'6 225 and am kinda squatty i guess u could say.. and i'm trying to get a goal for the end of the summer before football stars. what is a reasonable goal on bench and squat
bench-345
squat425

stumpdastud said:
yea i don't max out every week. i try and max after i switch my workout routine every 6-8 weeks... i.e. powerlifting phase, cutting phase.. i'm 5'6 225 and am kinda squatty i guess u could say.. and i'm trying to get a goal for the end of the summer before football stars. what is a reasonable goal on bench and squat
bench-345
squat425
no way to know but i would concentrate on nothing but heavy compound movements till then , theres plenty of time later for concentration curls and cable crossovers

Dude, you've gotta do more reps, period. Screw all this 1 and 2 rep shit. Start doin 8 and 10 reps on sets and tell me if that makes a difference.

Back