Needing help with cutting !

darkwing86

Hey guys , im looking for some help on how to do a proper cut . Ive never done it before . Since my first year training ive always bulked and have never wanted to lose the weight and size for mental trip reason . Though it looks better imo . Im looking to finally getting there again but have no clue where to start .
Im 29 , 5'8" , training 5 years , bf% 16-18 , 220lb .
I just dont know where to start at all to do it properly . In the summer ive always just stupidly drastically cut my cals and lost alot of size and strength very quickly .
Where shall i start ? do you guy need to count cals . Ive calculated for myself now at 220lb ive been eating roughly 4500 cals a day . I know this cause ive been writing everything down ive been eating for 3 days in a row with consistent results . I dont weigh my food though ever . Just eat by instinct primarily making sure i hit my proteins and let the rest fall into place . All helps appreciated big time ! thanks in advance !

1) Get over your fear of losing size - its inevitable when cutting but its mostly just fat, glycogen and water NOT muscle.

2) Buy a scale & learn to weigh your food - eating by "instinct" doesn't work for someone who has never cut before.

3) Read this to calculate your BMR/TDEE & set a small deficit for yourself (20%) since this is your first time cutting:
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/654553-beginners-guid***********-proper-nutrition-3j.html

4) Once you've got your calories all set its time for macros - set protein at 1.25g/lb, 0.5g/lb fat and the rest carbs as a nice baseline.
You can make adjustments with carbs & fats as you go along depending on how you feel, gym performance, etc but keep the protein high.

1) Get over your fear of losing size - its inevitable when cutting but its mostly just fat, glycogen and water NOT muscle.

2) Buy a scale & learn to weigh your food - eating by "instinct" doesn't work for someone who has never cut before.

3) Read this to calculate your BMR/TDEE & set a small deficit for yourself (20%) since this is your first time cutting:
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/654553-beginners-guid***********-proper-nutrition-3j.html

4) Once you've got your calories all set its time for macros - set protein at 1.25g/lb, 0.5g/lb fat and the rest carbs as a nice baseline.
You can make adjustments with carbs & fats as you go along depending on how you feel, gym performance, etc but keep the protein high.

Yes sr and use the mirror
And the way ur clothes fit

I Agree

thanks for this. and your avatar....ha!

Keep a high protein diet and watch carbs. Old school is no carbs after 5pm. It worked for all the greats.

Reduce weight you are using and increase the numer of sets and reps. I like using 5sete on each lift in 8-12 rep range.

Supplements are important too.

Back