New cycle started today, thoughts on timming welcome

i have a free diet advice sticky in the diet section.. read post 1 and then post your diet.. ill give you a free critique..

or, if you ever think about hiring a professional to handle your nutrition and training, email me at 3jdiet@gmail.com to inquire

or check out the website for more info: 3J's Nutrition

Thanks,
I have read thru that sticky a couple times and understand more and more. 2 yrs ago I didnt know what macro or micro, carb cycling or anything like that was. How much quicker results can you really get going full bore like if I was coached by you compared to being healthy in general with high protien, low carbs and lower fat? we talking 5 extra lbs a month of muscle build and 5 extra lbs of fat loss (total of 10lbs a month of more progress than a general healthy diet)?

Thanks,
I have read thru that sticky a couple times and understand more and more. 2 yrs ago I didnt know what macro or micro, carb cycling or anything like that was. How much quicker results can you really get going full bore like if I was coached by you compared to being healthy in general with high protien, low carbs and lower fat? we talking 5 extra lbs a month of muscle build and 5 extra lbs of fat loss (total of 10lbs a month of more progress than a general healthy diet)?

Going for the build muscle and lose fat at the same time plan? How long have you been lifting weights for?

Going for the build muscle and lose fat at the same time plan? How long have you been lifting weights for?

since 90, won first teen drug tested lift comp when I was 17, @5'11, weight 205 and stall benched 395 and did not use a bench shirt like some of the people did.. I'd eat a whole large pizza myself before the gym never knowing how nutrition was worth, actually didnt even think of it back then period..... I have done cycles where I have dropped 40lbs of fat while re comping my entire body in a 6 month period, 247 (44" waist) and FAT to 205 (34"waist current) and respectable looking considering my past shape. I will post up pics of last transform( actually only one to date, I had motorcycle accident and bad time in life that took up 4 yrs)..
Was eating anything for the time, on pain pills for broken shit in my back, shoulders and my missing skin, did 3 yrs of coke and hard drinking as well. Had just come off a divorce, and the wreck and gave up on myself for 4 yrs and was just messed up in the head unknowingly...

Here is pic of me View attachment 564878 and my fat 247 and 44" waist, to getting there pics. 205 and 34" waistView attachment 564879View attachment 564880
Done in 6 months at 39 yrs old. Went from 225 flat benching 3 reps in first week back to 18 reps latest with strict form, 55lb overhead dumbell press for 8 to 85lb for 12 reps, lat raises with 20lbs of 8 reps to 30lbs for 12 reps latest set count, so made modest strength gains while losing shitload of fat. Legs I dont measure wiehts I do machined extensions, presses and incline walk with toe pushes. I made good progress in strength as I always do when I train, I know those are small potatoes to some real builders, but I made progress and felt I made it in a timely and healthy way. I did diet, but I dieted to what I thought of dieting, 3J would laugh at my diet understandably, but I was happy with the results and time considering how little i tried before I changed up. I am trying to go from where I am now to just a bit slimmer and hold on to, add some details and mass. Nothing major, but, want to get down some more, not ripped, I dont look good ripped, and would like to be around the 195 mark and healthy sizing.

Last edited:
Back