New to Low-T and looking for advice/thoughts

IHI

Hey fella's, been lurking for awhile after seeing 3 months ago my T was low and got referred to a urologist. The post may be long, but wanna try to answer questions that may be asked.
39yr old male
Workout 4-5 days a week
cardio2-3 days a week
Eat as good as I can, lots of chicken, rice, tuna, salmon, steak, currently using creatine and whey for main supplments.

Anyhow, for the past few yrs noticed I had ZERO sex drive, and I used to wanna screw anything with a pulse prior. I used to be a motivated go getter, owned a construction business I started when I was 18 and finally closed it up 3yrs ago- still profitable but becoming a headache with EPA and other rules/cost of business and found a good machinist job I will retire from. Anyhow, I just haven't been myself...severe loss of confidence, used to be almost arrogant since I was a badass and knew it (weather it was running my business or racing)...at this point, not so much.

3 months ago family doc drew blood to check my test, 179. So they referred me to urologist, they did test 210...okay, they say I'm low. The Doc has had my spidey senses tingling since day one, I don't trust him, so he puts me on 50mg Clomid EOD. 2 months in check blood, 410...okay progress. Just had blood drawn last Friday and a follow up yesterday 396.

So Doc is all jacked up, "look at the screen, what do ya see?" well, I see I dropped since last month and that I'm still low. "your not low, your perfect, right where you need to be so it shows the Clomid is working and your starting to naturally produce your own testosterone" okay, so why do I still feel like shit and no better than the day I came here 3 months ago, what are my estrogen levels since my back and chest have broke out with acne worse than when I went through puberty? "We don't check estrogen, because as your testosterone goes up, your estrogen follows; you should be feeling great, your right where you need to be. NOW I want you to stop taking the Clomid, make an appointment for 2 months and we'll see ya then"

I didn't argue, just shook my head, made the appointment, got to the car and called family doc to schedule appointment to see if THEY would like to do some blood work and trial with creams or something to see if getting my T higher will make me feel better, like a more normal person...and if not, see if there's anybody else in the area that can give me a second opinion.

Just really bummed and don't know what to think, everything I read it sounds like it's a major headache trying to find a doctor not stuck in 50yr ago teachings on Low-T and treating it, also sounds like since as of last week my level at 400 nobody will touch me or even see if a higher T level will fit ME better. I guess like I 'll tell the family doc next week, what if your dentist said a study 50yrs ago said most people only need 2mg novicane before a root canal...and said that's all your gunna get because that's what the study says. And what if your like me and basically immune to novicane, it has no effect? Would you be satisfied with that answer since YOU know your body better than the doc does? This is where I'm at...I know what it's like to feel good, and the past few yrs aint it. Would love to get horny again, have my motivation back..as of right now I just flat don't give a shit about nuthin, and it isn't bothering me a bit...and I know that's wrong.

Advise???
Any sites that would give links to any TRT places in Iowa? all I can find is infomercial sites trying to sell me crap.

AS far as lifting goes, not really getting anywhere with it, all I'm getting is a fat azz gut...and I'm not into sweets, drink only a few times a yr...life just kinda sucks right now.

Thanks guys
Josh

I'd call IMT. It's what I did after months of getting yanked around by doctors that didn't know anything. They'll get you squared away quick.

They are a TRT clinic with a nationwide network. They sponsor the forum. You will see their ad to the right of your screen. They do quality TRT protocols and should have you feeling better. I would discuss restarts with them too.

Read my sticky on TRT in this section for a better understanding of how it works.

Thanks guys, I did a search on here and found 3 pages of stuff, and went to their website and submitted a consult deal just because it's a Saturday and nobody is probably around live to answer a phone.

I'll go check out your sticky megatron, thank for pointing me in the right direction:)

Lol. You still feel like shit but the numbers are within range so the doctors job is done.

I'd seek out hrt.

Lol. You still feel like shit but the numbers are within range so the doctors job is done.

I'd seek out hrt.

Met plenty A holes like that doc.
On the HCG mono protocol best level was 384 ng/dl TT being on it for 7 weeks.
Doc says its great...e.t.c. "this is excellent"....
without it I was 290 ng/dl....
jerks!

IHI

This doctor's knowledge seems limited at best...
Find someone else...
Did he even test for SHBG, BIO Avail. T ?
Clomid raises SHBG making less T Bio Avail.
I had a doc like that....
best thing is to walk!!!!
And coincidentally my doc did not test for E2 as yours does not....
That's a huge red flag indicating incompetence imo....
told me TRT will bring PC in the future and best to avoid it at all costs....:rolleyes:

Told my wife after reading everything on here and online its pretty sad men have to take this matter into their own hands to try and be healthy. On a drag racing forum im on they have a bunch of pwr lifter/body huilders and guys doing trt and thats what got me interested on this topic since symptoms they described were me to a t.

I just answered my own question awhile ago when a guy responded and said most docs arent up on things and that usually guys in the gym will know more......which made sense when i told him i guess itd be like asking an old mechanic how to set up a drag car...chances r your going to get dated info thats far from optimum vs asking a fellow racer how to set your stuff up.

Told my wife after reading everything on here and online its pretty sad men have to take this matter into their own hands to try and be healthy. On a drag racing forum im on they have a bunch of pwr lifter/body huilders and guys doing trt and thats what got me interested on this topic since symptoms they described were me to a t.

I just answered my own question awhile ago when a guy responded and said most docs arent up on things and that usually guys in the gym will know more......which made sense when i told him i guess itd be like asking an old mechanic how to set up a drag car...chances r your going to get dated info thats far from optimum vs asking a fellow racer how to set your stuff up.

If you read my posts from June 2013 and on....
you'll see what I went through.
Have you ever cycled in the past IHI ?
I'd hit up IMT...
forget endos

Never cycled...take that back maybe 20yrs ago i did a month of dball with a guy i worked with but after the introductory price was done the new cost per month was too much and i just lifted to stay in shape...not try to be the biggest/strongest guy out.

The 396 was taken 2weeks ago. Doc wanted me to get blood drawn a week before we met eachtime so we had something to discuss.

Havent read your headache yet lol...at work now so ill catch up on it tomorrow when i get up. Its sad really something most men deal or will probably deal with is so hard to get taken care of...trt wise i mean.

Hate to say this....
but your T would need to basically crash to where it was again before another endo will try any sort of "new" treatment again. Was this an older endo ?
Had one tell me my "levels are not abnormally low"....
they were 184 ng/dl when he saw them and made that comment....
and that was with ADEX EOD as well....

Did you notice any increase in libido/strength at least from the clomid EOD therapy ?
any physical signs that showed it was doing something ?

I seemed to sleep a tad better and i wasnt near as grouchey as usual...but other than that still no horniness, and no shits given about anything or any sense of motivation. My workouts i just make myself do it because i know i need to but i could stop and not care.

So overall sense of well being is just as crappy now as its been for yrs.

The urologist i saw is probably 5yrs from retiring..so yeah, old school thru and thru. First meeting he flat out said im too young to need trt so that came acrosss as he already had his mind made up.

Also kinda accepted the fact im gunna have to crash and deal with the crap again becore it gets better...kinda read into that months ago when i read what clomid did and how the urologist was goi g to experiment to see if itd kick start my brain...so i knew if levels went up on the pill...theyd most likely need to crash so he could have his a-b-a testing....and i get that, dont like it but i understand the principal of why hes doing it....i just dont like how he said my levels are where they should be and i should feel great even though i dont and from the sounds of our talks he wouldnt try to increase me to find MY correct level.

Aint lookin to get huge or anything...would just like to feel.good again and would love to remember what getting horny is like. As of now wife is very tolerating....we only have sex once a month if that and i do it out of guilt not because i want too....its just messed up

I hear you....have you gained visceral fat?
You have lost muscle mass ?
Problem these endo's/urologists don't realize is as a male ages.....
The machinery is not there to make higher T levels...no matter how much clomid u use.
Kind of hard to get T levels in 800 range with just clomid therapy in plenty of guys....
like I said the machinery (leydigs) aren't always there.
I found HCG/Clomid worked better when I was younger.....
Doesn't raise my Endogenous T no more than 120 ng/dl now as opposed without it.

I seemed to sleep a tad better and i wasnt near as grouchey as usual...but other than that still no horniness, and no shits given about anything or any sense of motivation. My workouts i just make myself do it because i know i need to but i could stop and not care.

So overall sense of well being is just as crappy now as its been for yrs.

The urologist i saw is probably 5yrs from retiring..so yeah, old school thru and thru. First meeting he flat out said im too young to need trt so that came acrosss as he already had his mind made up.

Also kinda accepted the fact im gunna have to crash and deal with the crap again becore it gets better...kinda read into that months ago when i read what clomid did and how the urologist was goi g to experiment to see if itd kick start my brain...so i knew if levels went up on the pill...theyd most likely need to crash so he could have his a-b-a testing....and i get that, dont like it but i understand the principal of why hes doing it....i just dont like how he said my levels are where they should be and i should feel great even though i dont and from the sounds of our talks he wouldnt try to increase me to find MY correct level.

Aint lookin to get huge or anything...would just like to feel.good again and would love to remember what getting horny is like. As of now wife is very tolerating....we only have sex once a month if that and i do it out of guilt not because i want too....its just messed up

It's got nothing to do with getting huge....
T effects your quality of life. Any doc that brushes it off obviously is ignorant and does not care for their patients...
Best to move on from those old timer docs and find a progressive medicine type younger doc.
When did that urologist think is a better time for you to do TRT...in your 70's when you've developed diabetes from leaving this untreated, or worse yet...metabolic syndrome?? ? when life is almost over ?
ridiculous....
If they are low like that now, and you are reasonably young, they ain't gonna get any better with age.
Been through all this my man.....
Those docs are discriminatory from the moment you walk into the room with them to discuss this stuff.
They ask if you bodybuild, e.t.c. to get a feel for you....
You would have to look like a toothpick, and or in real bad shape with a testicle missing to get anywhere with mainstream endos. They prefer you actually went on your way and suffered in silence.

Just an update before stage 2 starts tomorrow. Went back to quack urologist, after 2 months on clomid level was 410, 3rd month 396...he told me this is great, your cured, now let's stop the clomid for 2 months and see if your body will pick T production back up. When I asked why I still feel like the same piece of shit like when I first met with him, his reply was "you should feel great, your in range now".

So literally that day I wrote that asshole off and called family doc to schedule and try a different referral. 3 weeks later family doc did blood work to check for himelf, level came back 339 so it's dropping obviously in the 3 weeks since I stopped the clomid, and they set me up with an Endocronologist....with whom I meet with tomorrow, and the gal is also treating my wife for her Graves didsease/thyroid problem.

So what I did is took a chance, I basically wrote a 2 pages summary of how I've been feeling/what lead to getting T checked. Protocol I would like to see implemented, blood work I would like to see tested/checked, dosage amount to start....etc....I want to thank Megatron because I used ALOT of the information in his stickey to help me put together this summary to try and convince this doctor- I don't know her experience with Low-T treatment so wanted to provide all the how's and why's so we can have an open discussion and that she knows I've been doing my homework too and should be able to have a half way intelligent conversation with her, and maybe counter anything she may have to say.

Tomorrow at 10:20 I guess I'll find out if I will have to find a 3rd doc....I do have one in waiting if tomorrow don't go well, local chiropractor literally just down the road that popped up when I searched anti aging clinic. Talked to a friend that went to him after a car wreck jacked him up and my buddy made the comment about getting on some gear, chiro told him he has everything there if he really wants to try it, so nice to know I may have a legit back up source if tomorrow don't go as planned...but I'm hoping with my lil summary/plan I have laid out she will be open to my suggestions since obviously she will be running the blood work and will be able to watch me first hand.

I also noted that if I don't respond well, mainly if I don't FEEL better at my starting dosage after 3 months, I would like to try and increase dosage and work into the higher "range"...and gave my wife, her patient, as the example that just being in range don't necessarily mean you feel better...by accident my wife ended up going to the high side of her "range" and found that's where she needs to be.

Wish me luck, I know I have some local buds all letting me do the leg work so once I find a good doc they want to get checked out too. I'll post up results of tomorrow when I wake up tomorrow night.

Back