Newbie! Trying to Make acome back

Bright Eyes 48

Hello everyone!!! After many health issues I am back in the gym lifting and eating right. I have been a low carber for years and it is no longer working. Had my blood work done and I need Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Therapy and help for my Thyroid and especially my Adrenals. I am recording my food intake on MFP and am currently at 1350 cal. Doing heavy lifting 4x a week, HIT Cardio 2x a week. Been at it a couple months. I could use all the help and friends I can
get. At 5'8 I am at an all time high weight of 168 with a fat percentage of 23...It has been a rough road but I know I can do this. Thank you so much!!!:bootyshak

at 5'8 and 168lbs @ 23%bf I would expect you to be eating closer to 1900-2000kcals/day. Providing your hitting the gym and doing exercise?

How did you work out you needed 1350kcals?

1350 and heavy lifting? More good carbs earlier on in the day will feed your work outs and allow your body to replenish essential muscle energy stores. 1350 seems incredibly low sir.

Thank you for the replies! 1,350 cal 84 carbs 38 fat 169 protein 14 fiber 24sugar. Been having a hard time meeting the protein. I have a pretty sedentary life aside from the gym. And yes, I somehow manage to lift and do cardio and am slowly making progress with the weights except my dumbell press is really slow and shaky. Row are up to 40lbs. I have actually gained weight in the last couple months(ugh). Appreciate any help. Force feeding now! Weird! Hugs P.S. I am a girl!:)

Even as a female, you need more calories. Are you familiar with Layne Norton and his YouTube videos on metabolic damage and reverse dieting?

Thank you ! Actually my fiance was talking about Layne Norton. I need to look more into that. He is one of the reasons I upped my calories from the start and added more healthy carbs. Thanks for the reminder.

Back