night sweats after switching T from IM once a week to subcutaneous twice a week

trtbaldguy

Hey all, i have been on TRT for over 2 years. I was looking for alternatives to IM test cyp injections. My dosage was once a week 80 mg of 200 mg/ml. I could feel by day 5 or 6 that my test was dropping off so i knew my numbers weren't staying consistent. I started reading and talking to people and a few recommended i do some research on switching to subcutaneous test cyp. I did some reading on it and a lot of people noticed an increased ability to burn fat, their E2 levels stayed more consistent, testosterone was way more consistent and some even reporting they didn't have to use a AI.

So i switched it up. I found some bigger needles, 5/8" 27 gauge insulin pins. They are a little slow on the draw but they work. I started noticing a difference after a week. I didn't have the taper offs on 2 injections of 40 mg. I've been doing it for going on my 3rd week now. I haven't had a blood draw done but plan to on Monday.

I work graveyard though, and my problem is most mornings now, i wake up completely drenched in sweat, head to toe. Something is wrong. It's the only time i feel bad, and it only started after i started this subcutaneous injection. I feel an improvement in consistency of my T but i think my E2 may be off or something. I am taking an AI, .25 mg anastrozole 24 hrs after each T dose.

Any thoughts? I know i need a blood test. I may go in Thursday morning instead of waiting until Monday.

Last edited:
Hey all, i have been on TRT for over 2 years. I was looking for alternatives to IM test cyp injections. My dosage was once a week 80 mg of 200 mg/ml. I could feel by day 5 or 6 that my test was dropping off so i knew my numbers weren't staying consistent. I started reading and talking to people and a few recommended i do some research on switching to subcutaneous test cyp. I did some reading on it and a lot of people noticed an increased ability to burn fat, their E2 levels stayed more consistent, testosterone was way more consistent and some even reporting they didn't have to use a AI.

So i switched it up. I found some bigger needles, 5/8" 27 gauge insulin pins. They are a little slow on the draw but they work. I started noticing a difference after a week. I didn't have the taper offs on 2 injections of 40 mg. I've been doing it for going on my 3rd week now. I haven't had a blood draw done but plan to on Monday.

I work graveyard though, and my problem is most mornings now, i wake up completely drenched in sweat, head to toe. Something is wrong. It's the only time i feel bad, and it only started after i started this subcutaneous injection. I feel an improvement in consistency of my T but i think my E2 may be off or something. I am taking an AI, .25 mg anastrozole 24 hrs after each T dose.

Any thoughts? I know i need a blood test. I may go in Thursday morning instead of waiting until Monday.

I have brought up this subject before and I was thinking of going sub-Q injections. So am curious about the out come of your test please keep us(me) posted

Your estrogen is off - in either direction. I get sweats from low and high. It has nothing to do with the IM/SUBQ method of injection, but more the frequency/dose. I get notably higher T levels when I split doses. Ex. 70mg of test, once a week, gets me to 600 at peak. 70 split over two injections gets me to about 700. 70 split to every day injections gets me to 850.

With the change you made will come some type of change in TT and E2. Need to get tested. I'd be willing to bet your AI dose is too high. .5mg of adex for 70mg of T a week, no matter how you inject it, is probably too high.

Get some tests!
Jim

Last edited:
Your estrogen is off - in either direction. I get sweats from low and high. It has nothing to do with the IM/SUBQ method of injection, but more the frequency/dose. I get notably higher T levels when I split doses. Ex. 70mg of test, once a week, gets me to 600 at peak. 70 split over two injections gets me to about 700. 70 split to every day injections gets me to 850.

With the change you made will come some type of change in TT and E2. Need to get tested. I'd be willing to bet your AI dose is too high. .5mg of adex for 70mg of T a week, no matter how you inject it, is probably too high.

Get some tests!
Jim

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of wondering about this very thing. When i was injecting IM once a week, i was on the same AI dose but only once a week. I'm wondering if splitting my T dose and also splitting my AI dose in half has effected me in the way you're thinking.

Curious also, i've been splitting .5 mg AI capsules to get my .25 mg twice and just dissolving the powder in water and drinking it. Is this method maybe effecting the way my body handles it?

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of wondering about this very thing. When i was injecting IM once a week, i was on the same AI dose but only once a week. I'm wondering if splitting my T dose and also splitting my AI dose in half has effected me in the way you're thinking.

Curious also, i've been splitting .5 mg AI capsules to get my .25 mg twice and just dissolving the powder in water and drinking it. Is this method maybe effecting the way my body handles it?

You dissolve it in a glass of water? Some of the medicine can stick to the side of the glass and you can lose some.

[/B]

You dissolve it in a glass of water? Some of the medicine can stick to the side of the glass and you can lose some.

Well, i dissolve it, drink, then do 2 more rinse and drink. I guess i could just get some empty gel capsules and split them proper but i was told this is ok too. Is it not?

Yeah I guess so. Im funny with stuff like this. I just put it in my mouth to make 100% sure Im getting everything.

i would guess your E2 is very low. Do you have any joint pain, muscle pain, feeling generally dry? at the dose 2x40mg subq i dont think u even need ai, let alone 2x 0.25 adex

No joint or muscle pain, have generally good energy levels. Everyone is different. At 80mg IM once a week followed by .5mg anastrozole, my E2 and TT numbers were great. 900+ TT and E2 hung around 25 to 30. My numbers stay that high on that dose because i also do 500ui x2 of hCG.

My semi educated guess is that splitting my T dose and switching to SQ effected my T numbers, and/or my E2 numbers. If E2 were low i wouldn't be able to keep an erection for the life of me, from experience and that has not been an issue at all. In fact since i split my dose and started injecting SQ, i'm in the mood more often than i was prior, which was a lot. Even have morning wood more often than not. So i'm guessing that if E2 is off it's slightly high, and i also think that TT is high. I'll find out next week.

Today was my T day and i dropped my dose 5mg. Didn't have the sweats.

Last edited:
2 x 0.25 mg can be high..
0.125 mg x 2 is a better starting dose if labs are not on hand.
At 700 TT u could be taking more a.I. than needed.
Only blood labs will tell u. Do the labs on day of shot but before shot and preferably 24-48 Hrs after adex dose.

Yeah i always do blood draws morning of my T dose prior to my shot. Monday is my longest w/o a shot since i have it split into 2 doses. Also longest without AI at 72 hrs.

Got my results back. This is after I dropped my dose for a week from 40 mg x2 to 35 mg x2. Also split my .5mg anastrozole into 3rds instead of halves, so dose was .167 mg approximately.

TT: 1010
E2: 18.5

May drop my dose again to 30 mg or so and split the AI into .125 mg doses. Night sweats are only slightly present currently. Doc was really happy with where I am and I even told him I split my dose.

Got my results back. This is after I dropped my dose for a week from 40 mg x2 to 35 mg x2. Also split my .5mg anastrozole into 3rds instead of halves, so dose was .167 mg approximately.

May drop my dose again to 30 mg or so and split the AI into .125 mg doses. Night sweats are only slightly present currently. Doc was really happy with where I am and I even told him I split my dose.

So this is with 80mg of Test Cyp total per week, injected twice at 40mg per?

What have i told u buddy. You should drop the adex a little bit because you dont wanna live with low estrogen. Its a big risk for atherosclerosis

Capsules will NOT give uniform dosing when broken in half like that. You're easily taking an estradiol rollercoaster as one half may have ALL the active ingredient, and the other just filler. Pills are the only form of meds that can be split in this manner. If this is prescribed adex, either ask for a smaller dose concentration, or go to a compounding pharmacy with your script.

No need to mess with your test levels, I'd leave your injection doses where they are.

My .02c :)

Back