NO PROTEIN for MORE GAINS?

shainesboostin

I dont know if anyone else read the article, I cant seem to find in now...

It was a T Nation article, and basiacally said, just as we take breaks from lifting which is beneficaial, we should also take a break from protein for a few days, which is supposed to deplete amino/protien stores, so once you start eating it again your body will be more responsive.

How do yall feel about this?

Other than lowering protein levels for a month or 2during the off season to give the liver a break, that seems like a good way to limit gains,. Know that it's good to cycle carbs, but I'd have to have the science connected behind cycling protein

Other than lowering protein levels for a month or 2during the off season to give the liver a break, that seems like a good way to limit gains,. Know that it's good to cycle carbs, but I'd have to have the science connected behind cycling protein

Yea, probably just more "bro science" but I guess at the same time it may sound useful? Who knows, I personally found it interesting just do to I have been having a hell of a time making gains and am looking at every aspect!

hmm look into to inetmitting fasting or IF, this is interesting i will be IF'ing this summer.

Wouldn't this just cause nitrogen depletion and muscle catabolism? I could be wrong, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

brb, holding breath underwater until unconscious so my body is more responsive to oxygen later
brb, no more water for a couple days so my body processes it better later

see where im going with this?

Wouldn't this just cause nitrogen depletion and muscle catabolism? I could be wrong, but this just doesn't make sense to me.

brb, holding breath underwater until unconscious so my body is more responsive to oxygen later
brb, no more water for a couple days so my body processes it better later

see where im going with this?

This is a good point, lol, when you put it that way it sounds even more silly than I originally thought.

Back