Normal pulse rate?

Golden_Muscle

Hybrid Athlete
In 30 seconds, how many times should your pulse beat if you have your finger on your wrist pulse?

Hope that made sense.....:D

I cant find it anywhere on the net!

Is 17 normal? Im 22 years old, and its when im sitting down relaxing.

Also, where can I find proof that you are correct?

Thanks, GM.

This isn't exactly "proof" but . . .

"Resting heart rate averages 60 to 80 beats per minute. In middle-aged, unconditioned, sedentary individuals the resting rate can exceed 100 beats per minute. In highly conditioned endurance-trained athletes, such as Olympic cross-country skiers, resting rates in the range of 28 to 40 beats per minute have been reported. Your resting heart rate typically de-creases with age. It is also affected by environmental factors; for example, it increases with extremes in temperature and altitude."

http://btc.montana.edu/olympics/physiology/cf01.html

CM

That is a pretty impressive resting heart rate bro. I really do not think that there is much you should be worrying about unless you are feeling light headed or something.

I just took mine, 24 beats in 30 seconds. So 48 beats per minute.

Mine is consistently in the high 40's to low 50's. My doc said its fine for an athletic young guy, so I wouldn't worry about it.

You must be in great condition to have a pulse in the thirties!

I ahve a roommate that was an all american in the 2 mile at Notre Dame and his resting heart rate used to be ~40bpm so 30 is low but not unheard of, most people with heart rates that low are into relaxation techniques and things of the such

bigdaddy22 said:
I ahve a roommate that was an all american in the 2 mile at Notre Dame and his resting heart rate used to be ~40bpm so 30 is low but not unheard of, most people with heart rates that low are into relaxation techniques and things of the such

This is true, however, most trained athletes resting pulse, off cycle will average 45 to 60 beats per minute.

holy shit i didn't know the normal pulse was so slow...i've always been around 70-75 per minute....now on cycle i'm always 80-90 per minute..

Back