Not my usual post

dirkdiggler9969

Sup bros, this topic is gonna be way off my usual advice topics or progress topics. I've been using Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) for about 4 years now. I'm almost 27 and I'm in the best shape of my life. I'm 6"1" 205lbs with about 7-9%bf. I drink maybe 1 beer a month and use no other illegal drugs. I run pretty tame cycles, I usually run about 600mgs a week of Test and 600mg a week of EQ. Every second or Third cycle I've thown in Tren for 10 weeks or Winstrol (winny) and even kicked things off with Dbol before. I do everything moderately and follow perfect post cycle therapy (pct) everytime. My only side effects have every been a little Hair Loss on the Tren,some acne here and there and maybe two case of Gyno that was quickly blown away by Novla for a couple days.

After that long intro. here is the problem. On January 2nd I woke up around 7:30am and started ironing some pants. While ironing I got dizzy and fell down. When I tried to get back up, nothing on my right side worked. I tried several times but just couldn't get make my body remain straight without falling to the right. My girlfriend came in the room after she heard me calling to her (thank God) and said I was making very little scense. After a few seconds she asked me if I wanted to go to the Hospital and I nodded yes. Once at the hospital I got a PIERCING migraine. I get migraines maybe a couple times a year but this one was absolutely crippling. The emergency room puts me in the fucking hallway for 4 hours, I'm sure they're thinking I did some blow and fucked myself up or that I partied too hard on New Years Eve.(granted I still can't walk at this time) Finally they start ordering more test than an EKG or a Chest X-ray. I have an MRI and an MRE(MRI with contrast in your body) the MRI shows that I had a stroke in my Cerebelum which controls your balance. After that is discovered the mood of my nurses totally changes and I got literally 15 nurses in my room ripping off all my shit to get me down to the stroke ward. Once there the doctors order some heart test( a heart ultrasound and a TEE(It's where they shoved a camera down my throat into my stomach to take pictures of the back of my heart.)) The ultrasound showed a perfect heart, even while on 600mg's test and 600mg's EQ my BP is 120 over 80. However, the TEE showed that I now have a tumor inside my Aortic Valve. Wow. Juice is obviously the first thing that goes through my mind and out of all my visitors only my Gf and best friend knows about AAS. I was still open minded througout the whole thing that it could be from something else other than Juice until every doctor was completely baffled by it (They sent my films to Shands and Jackson Memorial for help and my current thoracic surgeon is extremely recognized as the best around here). One of the only things that my mother always wanted to know when we saw a new doctor was the same meaningless question, "What caused this ?" And before I tell you what they all said, My first profession choice was in medicine and I'm very informed as in regards to tumors and the unexplained growth of them, however, you smoke/lung cancer... you drink/liver cancer ext. But sometimes things just show up fo lack of a better term. But as far as a tumor inside the Aortic Valve goes, all doctors said " Nobody knows for sure except that lots of drug injections have been shown to cause them." Now before you guy's try to flame me, remember. I LOVE JUICE. This isn't a big "don't do juice thread". The doctor's who said this had no idea I was on juice. My levels were back to normal and I just look like I'm extremely in shape( normal folks only think that the big Ronnie muthafuckers are the only ones on, it never crosses their mind that, "hmm, that 50cent fellow sure has big arms or that Timbaland dude used to be fat and no he's completely and utterly jacked... those wonderful hollywood workouts, must've been the 300 one.") I've just always kept all you bro's informed with all the good and now I just wanna tell you what's going on with me and to try and act as a point of reference for some research on Juice for you guys. There is nothing I've ever done that could explain this tumor except for AAS. My choice now has become to never touch the stuff again. It's gonna be hard. I really enjoyed bulking up to 220 in the winter and then chopping it all down and discoving 5 new solid pounds that weren't gonna leave me ever. I know that those of you who don't know me are gonna say this is some dumb newbie I've never seen post much but, my life has been crazy the last couple years with a divorce, a new house( that bitch stole the other one...cunt) and working just about 60hrs a week, so my post have slowed now that I'm so busy and don't really need too much information since my cycles are always similar. StoneCold, Douggie, Niclipse and Dolf can vouche for me, I know my shit and I would've continued to use Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) until I just wanted to stop. There's so little research out there good or bad and this won't get documented because I never told the doctors due to Insurance and Workmans Comp restraints.

HEART SURGERY STUFF YOU CAN STOP READING HERE IF YOUR NOT INTERESTED

So, I now have to have Open Heart Surgery in about 6 weeks to remove this tumor. Anyonme who knows anything about tumors also knows that it might be worse when they get in there and the doctor is pretty must plannning on it so I have to decide on what type of Heart Valve that I want. Mechanical, Tissue(Cadaver), or Ross Procedure (What Arnold had). I'm currently on Coumadin( a blood thinner ) which sucks. If I choose the Mechanical I'd have to stay on it which is just not an option for me( I'm on it now pre-surgery to prevent another stroke and I was brushing my teeth 2 nights ago and my gums bled for about 25 minutes, my gum never bleed). I'm totally freaking out because now all of my stroke symptoms except for a mild headache are gone and I feel totally normal. However, the Tumor has to go because either some of it broke loose and caused the stroke or the turbulance of blood going over it caused a clot. I can't beleive that at 26 and in the best shape of my life with everything the best it's ever been I gotta have surgery where they stop my heart. I can't get angry because there's no one to be angry with except where I'm driving the Mcdonalds by my Gym and some Fat bitch with a puntestine hanging down to her knees flicks her cigarette out of the window as she leaves the drivethrough... and she got to make it to 40.

I know If I read this thread before I would be like , nah, not me that dude must be leaving something out, but I'm not. I'll keep you guys posted and right before surgery I'm leaving a list of things for my GF to do if something were to happen and one of them will be to let you guys know.Later.

Wow!! This is one of the best posts I've read in a while. Let me be the first to thank you for sharing that w/everyone. I'm truely sorry to about this bro and your in my prayers. PLEASE keep us updated w/your progress.

Bro the same thing StoneCold just said. Wow that’s life changing news for you. You seam to sound in good spirits to spite what’s going on Good for you. My daughter started parochial school this year (catholic school) So We have to take her to church every Sunday point being for what ever it’s worth I will say A prayer for you. Get well and Stay well. And thanks for shearing that story. Mike...

I am vry sorry to hear this! You are an honorable man for informing eveyone of your unfortunate situation. Hope everything works out for the better! Good Luck!

Thanks Fellas, I didn't want to be too morbid sounding and too " see what happens" sounding. I took a risk, like we all do, and this is what happened to me. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. I just thought this thread could be used as a tool is someones decision to use, not use, or stop using. Look, Steroids has gotten me hotter girls, helped me win fights and competions, and helped enourmously in my job, but everthing has a check and balance. I know I did tons of research before I used and saw several things that warned me but the majority of them like the highschool kid who "got killed by juice", was actually a suicide and Most BB's actually die from Juice and Coke or have so many other factors that give you too many outs to beleive that it wasn't the gear. For me the Gear is all that's there. Thanks again for the kind words.

dirkdiggler9969 said:
"Nobody knows for sure except that lots of drug injections have been shown to cause them."

Dude, you completely left this doctor-quote out of any of our conversations. Before reading this, I was prepared to say what I'm sure many other might say: freakish shit happens for no reason at all, sometimes. In my mind, I was convinced that if anything, your steroid use probably advanced the growth of a pre-existing ailment to occur now, rather than later in life... maybe even increasing your odds of coming out okay because you are young.

However, now that you mention this quote from the doctor about them noticing it happening in people who have frequent drug injections... and the reminder of Arnold Swarzenegger's heart surgery (was it the same surgery? --I remember hearing his was a genetic/hereditary issue), I cant help but feel more concern for myself and others.

However, how do we explain the away the fact that we all know probably at least one person who has juiced for 20+ years, (i know several) and they are a-okay and/or have never heard of this sort of thing before. Also, Ronnie Colman, Jay Cutler and several other BBers should be rolled over right now when compared to moderate users like yourself.

I'm glad you posted this thread, I wondered if you would. It definitely helps the community to know these things are going on because obviously we can't mention these things to our doctors for fear of being dropped by our insurance companies, work related, etc. so there isn't much doctor research, especially since our government has provided no long term studies.

I'm still up in the air about all this. I feel that it could be related, I feel that it may be totally unrelated. I feel it could be as a result of pinning ourselves so often, or maybe it has something to do with the raw powders from China ... I feel all sorts of different ways, but I'm not convinced of anything yet and I still feel the chances of this happening to myself or another user very minimal.

I felt absolutely horrible when you told me about all this because it was me that lived the life of random sex, extacy, coke, pot, alcohol binges, xannax, paxil, brawls, steroids, research chemicals, and others I can't even remember....for several years. It has only become recently that I've calmed down and just barely enjoy drinking and all the other recreational uses (minus steroids) are gone. There is every reason for me to in the hospital instead of you. I am the equivalent of the fat slob at McDonalds that smokes cigarettes, as you mentioned.

I even took steroid use to the next level sometimes stacking five types and I'm not even including letrozole, nolva, clen, and all my vitamins. You on the other hand rarely used more than just test 500mg/week and never lived the life I chose.

I just don't get it.

I'll be there for your surgery. Godspeed.

Last edited:
Niclipse said:
Dude, you completely left this doctor-quote out of any of our conversations. Before reading this, I was prepared to say what I'm sure many other might say: freakish shit happens for no reason at all, sometimes. In my mind, I was convinced that if anything, your steroid use probably advanced the growth of a pre-existing ailment to occur now, rather than later in life... maybe even increasing your odds of coming out okay because you are young.

However, now that you mention this quote from the doctor about them noticing it happening in people who have frequent drug injections... and the reminder of Arnold Swarzenegger's heart surgery (was it the same surgery? --I remember hearing his was a genetic/hereditary issue), I cant help but feel more concern for myself and others.

However, how do we explain the away the fact that we all know probably at least one person who has juiced for 20+ years, (i know several) and they are a-okay and/or have never heard of this sort of thing before. Also, Ronnie Colman, Jay Cutler and several other BBers should be rolled over right now when compared to moderate users like yourself.

I'm glad you posted this thread, I wondered if you would. It definitely helps the community to know these things are going on because obviously we can't mention these things to our doctors for fear of being dropped by our insurance companies, work related, etc. so there isn't much doctor research, especially since our government has provided no long term studies.

I'm still up in the air about all this. I feel that it could be related, I feel that it may be totally unrelated. I feel it could be as a result of pinning ourselves so often, or maybe it has something to do with the raw powders from China ... I feel all sorts of different ways, but I'm not convinced of anything yet and I still feel the chances of this happening to myself or another user very minimal.

I felt absolutely horrible when you told me about all this because it was me that lived the life of random sex, extacy, coke, pot, alcohol binges, xannax, paxil, brawls, steroids, research chemicals, and others I can't even remember....for several years. It has only become recently that I've calmed down and just barely enjoy drinking and all the other recreational uses (minus steroids) are gone. There is every reason for me to in the hospital instead of you. I am the equivalent of the fat slob at McDonalds that smokes cigarettes, as you mentioned.

I even took steroid use to the next level sometimes stacking five types and I'm not even including letrozole, nolva, clen, and all my vitamins. You on the other hand rarely used more than just test 500mg/week and never lived the life I chose.

I just don't get it.

I'll be there for your surgery. Godspeed.

Bro that was very touching. Your obviously a good friend. Like you I to lived A fearly destructive life and sometimes question how I’m not dead or worse in jail. About A year ago my father in law passed away at 65 after A life of extra good living. I mean this guy did nothing wrong his hole life nothing but healthy things that’s what he did. Point being he got cancer and died. And the same shit went through my mind why him and not me? I guess the only answer I can come up with is very simple that’s life. When it’s your time it’s your time. I think you hit A really good point about how your friends tumor might have been there and the steroids just moved it along faster. That was awesome he’s young and able to fight so I feel real good about him taking this head on and coming out to live A long happy healthy life.

The Thoracic Surgeon said to me that I have what Arnold had but, I can't confirm. One of my 3 options for surgery is called a Ross Procedure and that is what Arnold had done. Unfortunately, I don't thiik it is a coinscience

My heart has given me some nasty scares although the outcome wasn't like yours.....I reassessed a whole host of living habits once it happened! Now keeping my heart happy/healthy is one of my primary concerns!!

I feel most steroids are safe it's the AI's and SERMS that scare the shit out of me! I swear Nolva is going to give me a brain tumor!!

Lucky13 said:
My heart has given me some nasty scares although the outcome wasn't like yours.....I reassessed a whole host of living habits once it happened! Now keeping my heart happy/healthy is one of my primary concerns!!

I feel most steroids are safe it's the AI's and SERMS that scare the shit out of me! [B[U]]I swear Nolva is going to give me a brain tumor![/U]![/QUOTE[/B]]

Lucky what makes you think that? And do you feel like telling A bit more about your hart? if not I understand. But what ever was going on with you do you think it's steroid relatted?

personally I don't know one way or the other on this.. but I don't wish to "Disrespect" dude here..

doc said lots of "Drug injections" or injections period?

if so, all of the diabetics are gonna get this too.. may just be a coincidence..

SleepingGiant said:
personally I don't know one way or the other on this.. but I don't wish to "Disrespect" dude here..

doc said lots of "Drug injections" or injections period?

if so, all of the diabetics are gonna get this too.. may just be a coincidence..

I have a feeling that this frequent injection theory may not apply to subcutaneous insulin injections, but more invasive injections. Just my own thought here. Another hypothesis: Maybe with all the nicks done to arteries and veins from frequent injections have caused fragments to travel through the blood and cause buildup?

Another thing I was able to put together: dirkdiggler9969 only used long acting esters, so he never pinned himself more than two times a week and rarely ever went past 16 week cycles and has maybe run 10 cycles ever.

I, on the other hand, love short acting esters and have pinned my self EOD, sometimes up to three times because I couldnt fit all the gear in my 3cc syrnges, often. Just another blow to the 'this shit isnt fair' case.

I really dont think it has to do with steriods, don't you think there would be some type of evidence? LEGAL testosterone usage has been around for a long time.. and at high doses / long periods of times..for up to years.. and no problems?

I think he was just prone to develop this.. its easy to say steroids could be the problem.. because they are well.. illegal.. and what he has is .. unexplainable

either way.. good luck with the operation good thing we are in america with the best doctors.. imagine if we had shitty free health care.. 3monz later he would be in the dr appt

Remember the HBO Sports Video "The Contrarian View" -- its basically the most unbiased documentary on moderate steroid use... Well, the opponent that they interviewed, who I immediately labeled a doosh (and Im sur ehe still is) had one quote that meant nothing to me then, but means something to me now...

But Mr. Turkeyneck says, "the trouble with steroid related coronary events is there is no tell tale sign at autopsy that says, 'A-ha! There's the signature of steroid abuse!'"

P.s. DirkDiggler9969: If its possible to edit this thread's subject, I think you should so it can get more attention because this is one of the most important threads I've seen on this forum in quite some time.

Back