Nutropin Depot (once a month GH)

buffdoc

Certified MD.
Lawnsaver, Supergirl, GY, and anyone else w/ GH knowledge.
I've been on anti-aging doses of Genotropin (1 iu/day) for a couple of years, with a few months off here and there. Recently up'd it to a whopping 2 units ;-)
I've been exploring the new Nutropin Depot, which uses, I believe, a microsphere encapsulation formulation to achieve a "depot" release.
I've been haranguing the Genentech reps to come by the office, or at least give me some info (I might be interested in a "test ride", as it were). I should see them in a week or two.
Genetech has evidently gotten FDA approval for kids with growth delay; Phase III clinical trials underway with adults (like me) with GHD. (my initial IGF-1 at age 45, was 40, yes, forty. (normal range for an 85 year old, perhaps!)
The things I've thought of so far are: loss of pulsatile release (spikes), somatostatin elevations with decrease in effectiveness, and sides (if they happen, you're stuck w/ it for a month !)
Any news, knowledge, or awareness regarding Nutropin Depot, other than the above??

I have heard thru the grapevine that from a bodybuilding stand point it is not really effective for the younger folk.. though it may be quite usefull for the older crowd which you seem to fit in. since you are not getting the additional spikes which occur with the 2x daily injects alot of people do, i was told there is less gains as far as growth in general. Though it may prove useful to older folks to give back the GH release they got as a teenager.

this is only what i have heard. I havent looked into it myself.

buffdoc said:
The things I've thought of so far are: loss of pulsatile release (spikes), somatostatin elevations with decrease in effectiveness, and sides (if they happen, you're stuck w/ it for a month !)
cant add to it, but i belive you hit the nail on the head, as far as the pitfalls of it, at least from a BBing standpoint.

natty said:
I have heard thru the grapevine that from a bodybuilding stand point it is not really effective for the younger folk.. though it may be quite usefull for the older crowd which you seem to fit in. since you are not getting the additional spikes which occur with the 2x daily injects alot of people do, i was told there is less gains as far as growth in general. Though it may prove useful to older folks to give back the GH release they got as a teenager.

this is only what i have heard. I havent looked into it myself.

Yeah, bro, I definitely fit in the older crowd! (snif, snif!) Wouldn't mind having that surging GH again I did as a teenager.
Anyone else?

Dont know if this helps,

but my aunts neighbor has a child with a GH disorder. She is in 8th grade, but looks just like my 2nd grade cousin. Shes on the long acting GH and the change is unbelievable. Shes up to about a 4-5th grader I would guess?

I believe that it does work just fine, even with out the spikes. Thats about all I can comment though.

I've seen one study which compared the long term effects of continuous subcutaneous infusion with subcutaneous injections.
They found that both types of administration produced similar results..

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/86/3/1222?ijkey=6/cXrc3dMunIo

..Our data suggest that generation of IGF-I and IGFBPs is stimulated at least as effectively by constant GH delivery as by daily injections...

...ANOVA for repeated measurements revealed no significant difference between the 24-h serum profiles of insulin after daily injections and continuous infusion of GH, respectively...
...Six months of GH treatment by daily injections and continuous infusion, respectively, resulted in unaltered serum levels of triglycerides, total cholesterol, high density lipoprotein, and low density lipoprotein cholesterol..

...Daily injections and continuous infusion of GH resulted in similar and nonsignificant changes in levels of markers of bone resorption in urine, the urinary calcium/creatinine ratio (data not shown), and the NTX/creatinine ratio, and in serum, CTX. Similarly, serum levels of markers of bone formation (osteocalcin, AP, S-LAP, PICP, PINP, and PIIINP) were not significantly different during the two modes of GH administration.

...GH receptor status might be evaluated by levels of GHBP, which is identical to the extracellular part of the receptor. Continuous exposure to GH might theoretically downregulate the receptor, eventually resulting in waning effects of GH therapy. By contrast, continuous infusion of GH to rats up-regulates hepatic GH receptors (2). Short-term studies in humans, however, have revealed no differential effect on circulating GHBP levels of pulsatile and continuously administered GH (31, 32). Similarly, the long-term sustained elevations of serum GH concentrations in the present study neither resulted in down- or up-regulation of GHBP...
In the present longer-term study serum levels of cholesterol particles and Lp(a) were not influenced by the mode of GH administration..
In summary, long-term constant GH exposure exert similar impacts on the IGF-IGFBP axis, GHBP, bone metabolism, body composition, insulin sensitivity, and lipoproteins as daily GH injections

You can find more info about Nutropin Depot here:

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/87/10/4508

Billy_Bathgate said:
Dont know if this helps,

but my aunts neighbor has a child with a GH disorder. She is in 8th grade, but looks just like my 2nd grade cousin. Shes on the long acting GH and the change is unbelievable. Shes up to about a 4-5th grader I would guess?

I believe that it does work just fine, even with out the spikes. Thats about all I can comment though.

I BELIEVE NATTY MEANT THE YOUNGER BODYBUILDER, NOT CHILDREN..

CHILDREN WITH HGH DEFICIENCY ARE IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CATEGORY THAN BODYBUILDERS LOOKING TO GET RESULTS SUCH AS FAT LOSE AND INCREASED PERMENANT MUSCLE GROWTH.....

I BELIEVE THIS WILL BE VERY BENEFICIAL FOR YOUNG CHILDREN W/ HGH DEFICIENCY, BEAUSE FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, ALTHOUGH I HAVEN'T DONE MUCH RESEARCH ON IT YET SO I COULD BE WRONG, THAT IT IS A TIME RELEASED SORT OF HGH, THUS GIVING A STUDY FLOW THROUGHOUT THE PERIOD OF 30 DAYS TO SOMEBODY WHO IS NOT PRODUCING OR PRODUCING A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF HGH, THUS, NOT JUST INCREASING MUSCLE GROWTH, BUT BONES, PLATELETS, AND SKELETAL MUSCLE AS WELL....

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL BE A VERY BENEFICIAL PRODUCT FOR THE MODERN DAY BODYBUILDER, BUT LIKE I SAID, I STILL HAVE TO DO MORE RESEARCH ON IT AND SEE SOME MORE OF THE CASE STUDY'S THAT HAVE BEEN EXECUTED....

GY....

Ya I knew what he meant, that was just the only thing I knew about it. I think the benefit for children is that you dont need so many shots. In fact I think thats the whole point of it anyways.

Anways, there is the short burst GH as well reasoing. But, test is also in short bursts like that and look how well we grow off steady blood levels of it. So im curious as well. I know test and GH is apples and oranges, but still curious.

Hey Buff.. my mother is currently on GHRT and is using the Norditropin click pen at 2ius a day... Her main goal is regeneration, improved motion and joint usage, fat loss... So far so good.. she has been on for 3 weeks and has already noticed fat loss.. I swear, the older you are the faster gh works!!! but Norditropin came highly recommended by her doctor as well as my doctor friend who sent it to me for her...

NOW.. as per the once a month shot.. it works well with time release.. like you said though if sides come you wait it out for a month, but if you keep your dosage low you should be fine.. Just make sure you eat enough carbs to maintain your insulin levels...

Actually you know what... Miracle Man over on elite is currently on Nutropin and swears by it!! He is such a fan he is starting his wife on it.. so he would be a great person to contact and bouce concerns off of.. really nice and informed man as well!!! His email is Miracleman@hush.com

Best of luck to you sweetie.. and for what it is worth, i do believe you are making the right decision.. My mom already feels better (psycho-sematic or not.. something is working!!!)

luv super

I have spoken to the Miracle Man, supergirl you were right, he seems really nice and very well read in Hgh therapy. He simplifies it and breakes it down. I think this product has allot of potential and is still missunderstood. People that just post replies that go with the popular vote seem to not really know what they are talking about. You grow by increasing your IGF-1 levels regardless how you do it. I am going to try the depot, the 22.5mg kit, if my IGF-1 levels increase the way MM did, there will be no difficulty in getting the results I am looking for. I am taking Genetrop now, My baselive IGF-1 were 101, at 4 iu's p/d 7 days per week, 13 months later, they are 155ng/ml. The ideal range to see fat melt off is over 400ng/ml. This is why younger folks will see a better fat burning effect because there baseline IGF-1 levels are much higher. I have seen no fat changes in my Hgh therapy. I use test with it all the time and keep those levels in the high to normal range.

I think this product has allot of real potential in the BB community, I feel if you have not tried it, then keep your opinions to yourself and do not make statements. Unless you are obtaing your Hgh through a legit pharmacy, the Hgh your taking is fake or has been comprimised.

medical doctor said:
Unless you are obtaing your Hgh through a legit pharmacy, the Hgh your taking is fake or has been comprimised.

Now that's a pretty strong statement to make, especially after telling everyone "to keep their opinions to themselves and don't make statements"

Care to back that up ???

StoneColdNTO said:
Now that's a pretty strong statement to make, especially after telling everyone "to keep their opinions to themselves and don't make statements"

Care to back that up ???

i think what he is probably referring to are the somajects and "exports", but i am not sure...

ALL serostim comes from the warehouses and pharmacies but leaks out onto the blackmarket.. this happens with all the varieties of gh.. almost all gh can be found outside a pharmacy... this does not mean that what leaks out is fake.. all it means is that it is an opportunity for those without insurance or can't afford a doc or don;t want a doc can obtain "prescription" products :)

I wish my fat "melting" from gh was a fast as some say.. for me it seems to take longer.. perhaps my IGF-1 is not as high as others which from what i have read, estrogen has an effect on free circulating IGF-1.. but i don't want to misquote as this is more up Nandi's alley than mine... GH does really help me with my old inujuries and more permanant changes... but i want more fat burning lol

supergirl said:
i think what he is probably referring to are the somajects and "exports", but i am not sure...

Yes I was Supergirl, I should have been more specific. i was ref. to somoject and exports . Also the serostim is in question too. Especially they ones without holograms. Even the serostim with the hologram I am not really impressed with overall. I am willing to try somthing different and I am glad you posted something on Nutropin Depot.

Last edited:
Back