Oats in a Blender?

Dlove

Product of Test
Im always pressed for time in the morning so I usually make a shake to go. I mix 6 eggs 2 oranges 1 cup oats and scoop of whey and blend it and go.

Is there any benifits to cooking the oatmeal rather than blendng the raw oats?

No real benefits to cooking the oats except that they may digest a bit easier once cooked but that effect would be negligible. I like them cooked because of the taste.

I do love real pure amish maple syrup with a cup or two of oatmeal. pure maple tree tapped syrup rocks. I got a chance to help a amish man tap it from the tree last summer it was wild. man just thinking about it is making me want to go make some. shit im really hungry now i better finish watching the game and go to bed.

Tak em however is easier. I like to make anything I can into a shake.

how are you supposed to measure oatmeal? Dry or after it's cooked?

outlawtas2 said:
Tak em however is easier. I like to make anything I can into a shake.

how are you supposed to measure oatmeal? Dry or after it's cooked?

Typically, you measure it dry.

I also take dry oats. If you put them in the blender and you chop them into a powder then add them to your shakes. Quick way to get in a meal if you are in a rush.

I tried to eat them raw without mixing them in anything. I had about 2 cups of oats that I ground up. I put a spoon ful in my mouth and tried to wash it down with my shake. It felt like 1/2 of it was stuck in my throat and I ended up having a coughing attack.

Now I just dump them in my shake and chug it all down together.

I do the same exact thing. Blend it into a powder and throw it in my shakes. Add some natural peanut butter to that blend and you got quite the shake going.

DougoeFre5h said:
I do the same exact thing. Blend it into a powder and throw it in my shakes. Add some natural peanut butter to that blend and you got quite the shake going.

yep, bingo-me to

Back