Off-season diet

freqfly

NPC Amateur Bodybuilder
I'm 8 weeks out of my 2nd NPC. Here's what I'm thinking for my off-season diet right now. I'll compete at 154 in this show, plan on doing middle weight in October.

Meal 1:
3 Omega-3 eggs
1 scoop whey isolate
2/3 cup oats (dry)

Meal 2:
10 oz Chicken
1 cup brown rice (cooked)

Meal 3: PWO
2 scoops isolate
40g carbs from waxy maize

Meal 4:
8 oz new york strip
1 yam

Meal 5:
9 oz orange roughy
1 cup asparagus

Meal 6:
2 scoops casein
1 cup 2% cottage cheese
1 tbl natty PB

2853 Cals
352 p/180 c/ 78 f

Twice per week cheat meal in place of meal 5.

Let me know what you think.

Freq

not bad.. lacking phytonutrients.. one more of your fav fruits in (no melons) and veggies you'll be fine..

Last edited:
roofies mix better with vodka and cranberry, but to each his own. very very good looking diet bro, i think you'll reach middle weight.

Haha. Thanks dtone. I can't WAIT for the off season. Only had a 6 week break in between shows this time, wont' compete again till October so it'll be a nice break. I was also thinking on non training days, replacing the carbs on meals 3 and 4 with fats while keeping daily calories the same to minimize fat gain. Any thoughts on this?

add veggies to meal two and meal four.. add an apple to meal one... let your bodies ph balance stablize a bit.... it's only gonna help you in the end...

and i agree with D... the diet does look great...

Thanks guys. What are your thoughts in replacing the carbs with fats, keeping cals the same, on meals 3, 4 in jon training days? Or would you just leave it.

If your going to add fruit Id personally add blueberries, have tons of anti-oxidants

Thanks guys. What are your thoughts in replacing the carbs with fats, keeping cals the same, on meals 3, 4 in jon training days? Or would you just leave it.

sounds feasable... stick to the 180g for a while and switch it up.. keep your body guessing...

they'd both be great ways to go..

See my topic off season eating for the competitive bodybuilder-

Topic II: Offseason Eating - IntenseMuscle.com

Meal 1: (8:00 a.m.)

12 egg whites
1 cup Old Fashion Oats or Quaker Oat Bran Hot Cereal
1/2 cup (Blueberries, Strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
1/8 cup Macadamia Nuts or Walnuts

Meal 2: (11:00 a.m.)

Tuna Sandwich (consists of 8 oz. albacore, Fat Free Mayo, Sweet Relish, Tomato, Lettuce and either 7 or 12 grain Bread)

1/2 cup Plain NonFat Yogurt (Try and stay away from the sugar laiden ones)

Meal 3: (2:00 p.m.)

8 oz. Chicken Breast
8 oz. Sweet Potato
1 Granny Smith Apple

Meal 4: (5:00 p.m. - PW)

25g Whey Protein Isolate
60g Nutrex Vitargo CGL

Meal 5: (6:00 p.m. - 1 hour PW)

8 oz. Turkey Breast
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Raw Broccoli

Meal 6: (8:00 p.m.)

8 oz. Atlantic "FARM" Raised Salmon
6 oz. Baby Red Potatoes
1 cup Steamed Asparagus

Meal 7: (11:00 p.m.)

8 oz. Lean Hamburger (93% +)
2 cups Romaine Lettuce w/ 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vingear and Olive Oil

See my topic off season eating for the competitive bodybuilder-

Topic II: Offseason Eating - IntenseMuscle.com

Meal 1: (8:00 a.m.)

12 egg whites
1 cup Old Fashion Oats or Quaker Oat Bran Hot Cereal
1/2 cup (Blueberries, Strawberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
1/8 cup Macadamia Nuts or Walnuts

Meal 2: (11:00 a.m.)

Tuna Sandwich (consists of 8 oz. albacore, Fat Free Mayo, Sweet Relish, Tomato, Lettuce and either 7 or 12 grain Bread)

1/2 cup Plain NonFat Yogurt (Try and stay away from the sugar laiden ones)

Meal 3: (2:00 p.m.)

8 oz. Chicken Breast
8 oz. Sweet Potato
1 Granny Smith Apple

Meal 4: (5:00 p.m. - PW)

25g Whey Protein Isolate
60g Nutrex Vitargo CGL

Meal 5: (6:00 p.m. - 1 hour PW)

8 oz. Turkey Breast
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Raw Broccoli

Meal 6: (8:00 p.m.)

8 oz. Atlantic "FARM" Raised Salmon
6 oz. Baby Red Potatoes
1 cup Steamed Asparagus

Meal 7: (11:00 p.m.)

8 oz. Lean Hamburger (93% +)
2 cups Romaine Lettuce w/ 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vingear and Olive Oil

now thats a balanced diet.. BUMP.. two thumbs up

Superb looking diet! J would I see more benefit going with 7 meals in off season rather than 6?

Superb looking diet! J would I see more benefit going with 7 meals in off season rather than 6?

imo the more you spread your meals the better it is for you.. if you can do 7 do it..

the most iv ever done is 6 plus a pwo shake and bagel.....

if i could do 8 i would... my schedule doesn't permit it...

imo the more you spread your meals the better it is for you.. if you can do 7 do it..

the most iv ever done is 6 plus a pwo shake and bagel.....

if i could do 8 i would... my schedule doesn't permit it...

my last off-season diet i was getting up in the middle of my sleep cycle and having a shake. lol Only way I could get 8 meals in.

my last off-season diet i was getting up in the middle of my sleep cycle and having a shake. lol Only way I could get 8 meals in.

that's a great thing to do..

if u had some ghb.. damn i love ghb.... too bad its dangerous.. i wont mess with it anymore..

that's a great thing to do..

if u had some ghb.. damn i love ghb.... too bad its dangerous.. i wont mess with it anymore..

i remember buying that shit in powder form from my local nutrition store. Damn I'm getting old.

i remember buying that shit in powder form from my local nutrition store. Damn I'm getting old.

its very easy to make from what i understand.... i just wouldn't wanna get g'd out... u can kill urself with that stuff buying it from a source.. one ounce too much and ur in trouble..

Back