Oil for projects...other options???

fett54

Ok, use Lemelange.com normally for oil supplies...could I get this stuff other places or use stuff found in the shopping markets at all?

Kinda getting sick of ordering a gallon of seasame seed or cotton seed oil ...

any ideas???

Thanks in advance guys!

J

how many gallons you using? thats a lot of oil.

but yeah supermarkets carry oil but is more expensive normally for the good stuff. i like grapeseed or walnut oil.

a gallon of grapeseed runs around 19 bucks, same for walnut online.

I would be careful with stuff you buy at the grocery store. I once used Walnut oil from Safeway and had a nasty reaction. At first I thought that I was allergic to walnut oil but when I ran out of sesame seed and needed some other oil ASAP, I used some walnut oil from Research Lab Supplies that I had ordered previously and I never had any problems.

Then again, I have used Peanut Oil from Safeway many times and never had a problem with that. If you are going to use oil from the supermarket make sure that you get a very plain oil, nothing that says "roasted" or flavored.

xtinct said:
I would be careful with stuff you buy at the grocery store. I once used Walnut oil from Safeway and had a nasty reaction. At first I thought that I was allergic to walnut oil but when I ran out of sesame seed and needed some other oil ASAP, I used some walnut oil from Research Lab Supplies that I had ordered previously and I never had any problems.

Then again, I have used Peanut Oil from Safeway many times and never had a problem with that. If you are going to use oil from the supermarket make sure that you get a very plain oil, nothing that says "roasted" or flavored.

clean out your pm's big guy

Back