olepapaswole

olepapaswole said:
55 year old abs found after doing some cutting.....
great work; i'm still looking 4 mine. I can still see my toes and cawk when I look down, so at least its not all hidden behind fat these days!

For 55 you're looking great man... hell for any age!

Old Muscle

olepapaswole said:
55 year old abs found after doing some cutting.....
Lookin good bro. Keep at it. I'm 48 and still compete so you can still produce an excellent physique at any age. IMO old muscle has a dense knarly look about it that the young bucks just don't have. Good work!!

That's awsome!!!
When did you start???
My goal is to look like that when I am 55 as well!!
Any advice I would appreciate,think and say to yourself if I was 35 I would nover have or should have done that:)

parrish said:
That's awsome!!!
When did you start???
My goal is to look like that when I am 55 as well!!
Any advice I would appreciate,think and say to yourself if I was 35 I would nover have or should have done that:)
The best advice I can give is consistency. If I had it to do over again I would have been more consistent in working out when younger. I was sporadic at times and all that does is delay the results.

I didn't answer your first question about when I started. I began training at the age of 12 (damn, that was a long time ago). That means I have trained off and on for 43 years. If I'd been consistent, as I previously said, I could have developed in half the time and maintained it thereafter. Consistency is the secret!!!

Do you do higher reps less weight?
I do(20,15,10,5) at about 80% max.
No shoulder presses?
I met Mike Katz(BIG THRILL!!) and he said NO dont do them.
I do rear,front delt raises and 4 sets of presses with reps no less than 6 but feel since I have started this I have gotten weaker.
Do you still eat 4-5 meals a day,I do as I have 3 normal meals and 2 extra protein meals.
Sorry for the questions but find in point form it would be easier,thanks for the inspiration!

parrish said:
Do you do higher reps less weight?
I do(20,15,10,5) at about 80% max.
No shoulder presses?
I met Mike Katz(BIG THRILL!!) and he said NO dont do them.
I do rear,front delt raises and 4 sets of presses with reps no less than 6 but feel since I have started this I have gotten weaker.
Do you still eat 4-5 meals a day,I do as I have 3 normal meals and 2 extra protein meals.
Sorry for the questions but find in point form it would be easier,thanks for the inspiration!
I practice the principal that "if you wanna get big, you gotta go heavy", but I've done high and low rep routines. My rep layout is similar to yours, 15, 12, 10, 8 and 6. Yes, I do behind the neck shoulder presses on the Smith machine, max during workout is 205 lbs X 8 reps (do these even though all the people who are half my age and know so much more advise me not to, lol). In presses with barbell or dumbells is not to go beneath your ears in the movement or it opens the shoulder girdle too much and put stress on tendons and ligaments instead of on the muscle. I do, as Arnold S always said, side, forward and reverse lateral raises, love em and they get great results. Weakness may be a sign of overtraining. I work each body part once a week by four days by three days off. My eating pattern is similar, 4 regualr meals and 2 protein drinks per day.

Back